St. Agnes Comments

St. Agnes was a Roman girl who was only thirteen years old when she suffered martyrdom for her Faith. Agnes had made a promise, a promise to God never to stain her purity. Her love for the Lord was very great and she hated sin even more than death! Since she was very beautiful, many young men wished to marry Agnes, but she would always say, "Jesus Christ is my only Spouse." Procop, the Governor's son, became very angry when she refused him. ... Continue Reading

1. pegpeg

I just love this girl! I am going to use her name for my confirmation name!! I'm so excited. P.S. Her name sounds good with mine:)

2. Eze Ifeanyichukwu

I love saint Agnes, I pray that youths should emulate her character.
    Saint Agnes, pray for me and my family. Be my guardian angel

3. <3 HORSE LOVER

SHE is my confirmation name......OLV pray for us!

4. Cecilia

I LOVE THIS SAINT SOOOOOO MUCH!!! she is going to be my confirmation saint!

5. Agnes Betiku

Saint agnes, being my patron saint is an inspiring saint and i would love all young female youth to emulate her.

6. Food for Thought

We would all do well to compare and contrast the story of St. Agnes with the narrative associated with St. Frances of Rome. St. Frances faced a similar spiritual crisis but handled it differently than St. Agnes. Yet---both are recognized saints.

7. Rachella

i am doing a project at school on saint agnes, and i was very lucky to be chosen to do her, she is so interesting, and her story is so sad, but at the same time so inspirational. i think everybody should be like her. too bad they're not. :(

8. Jim Tiernan

I attended St. Agnes High School in New York City Class of '69. Believe it or not, we were never taught her story. I had no idea that she was a martyr and the story of her faith so powerful and inspiring.

9. louisse

i love st. agnes....she is so faithful to God ,that even her life she sacrificed to God in a very young age........she shows "MARTYRDOM" i know not all people can sacrifice their lives so i'm proud of st.agnes

10. Placida

St ines pray 4 our family.my mom name is agnes en wen i get a baby i wl cal her ines.u r my mirror in faith,b wt me in moments of temptatioos

11. mila naniong elopre

i was so delighted when i read the article regarding st. agnes(st. ines).when i was at the age of 16 i dreamt st. ines and she talked with me. i saw her face so beautiful and her shining teeth when she talked to me.it's really a blessing when i saw her in my dream.

12. Earl Brant

To the home schooled child, I see your point to Disappointed but I am sure you will agree that the language in the narrative about St Agnes could easily be read as being offensive. Being in a loving marriage is not staining one's purity. I can see how people could be offended by the way it was worded. I hope you can as well.

13. jenny

happy feast day

14. Ogugua Emmanuel Uzordinma

St Agnes still lives!! She would continue to be a source of inspiration to many.

15. Joseph Mathew

She is one of the saints whose intercession I request daily to maintain my purity of heart, along with saints; Dymphna, Daria, Maria Goretti & Mary Magdeline!

16. Munyaradzi

Agnes is a true role model for the youths especially in these days when sin is fast increasing. May she pray for all youths that they may be strengthened so that they seek purity.

17. Madi

in response to Disappointed she was married.... to Jesus, she did not want to marry a pagan, I am a homeschool girl age 11 and i love her!!

18. Joseph Caristo

This saint epitomizes the single-minded person who gives up everything for God. I cannot imagine this relationship existing for one without God's intervention or direct action to sustain this person. She must have been in direct contact with the supernatural or given a wonderful gift of grace.

19. Julie

"St. Agnes, I pray for purity of heart, mind, body and soul. Grant me the courage to say no to temptation. You are my new hero!"

20. Disappointed

Despite what this story suggests, getting married and having a real and genuine loving realtionship is not sinful. We are not staining our purity when we marry. She chose to be martyred rather than leading the kind of life most of us lead. Until I read this I assumed the Catholic church wanted us to get married, keep our wedding vows and raise our children as good Christians. Now we have a story of a saint who wanted to be put to death rather than leading the kind of life most of us choose. It's very discouraging. I read these saint stories every day for inspiration but I find little to imitate here.