St. Agnes Comments

St. Agnes was a Roman girl who was only thirteen years old when she suffered martyrdom for her Faith. Agnes had made a promise, a promise to God never to stain her purity. Her love for the Lord was very great and she hated sin even more than death! Since she was very beautiful, many young men wished to marry Agnes, but she would always say, "Jesus Christ is my only Spouse." Procop, the Governor's son, became very angry when she refused him. ... Continue Reading

1. john vergel

st. agnes thank u

2. MARY KEZIAH

SHEESH THNX I GOT CHOSEN BY AN EASY SAINT :)))

3. Michael ifeanyi

Waoo!!, I love this sant AGNES and i pray to see her face to face after my lify on earth amen. St. AGNES pray for us.

4. charlotte

dearest st.Agnes,
    Thank you for being a good model for us catholics.

5. Ifeanyi

O! my GOD, what a great love this saint Agnes has 4 our LORD i wish by her intercession to develop a greater love 4 GOD in my live on earth. St. Agnes pray 4 us.

6. PATRICK EHIGUESE

For us to be in heaven, heaven must 1st be in us. i pray that today i may listen to God"s own words and i may not harden my heart. God help us to model our lives on saint Agnes,for she is both brave and courageous.

7. Irene

Chastity is the only road to true happiness. It is so sad that so many are led astray in these dark times.

8. Abigail Perez

I chose Saint Agnes to be my Confirmation Saint becuase she inspires me to be my self and always believe in God-Amen

9. Estely

I love you Agnes, no matter what evil things they did to you, you still believed in God, I got to know about Saint Agnes last week Saturday, when our priest told us about her I was really touched.

10. Agnes Visia

St. Agnes santa pelindungku, lindungilah aku dalam setiap langkahku.
    Love. . .

11. Kizito

We have our local church named after St. Agnes we love her and our people go to the church for daily Mass. St. Agnes pray for us!

12. john

Dear St Agnes, you are an inspiration in these times of trouble, Blessed child of the Lord, pray for us!

13. Rebeca Rosary

I was so touched when i read about st.agnes.She must have love jesus soo much that she could gave her life for god even still very young.Jesus must be very proud to have a daughter like her.St.Agnes thank you for revealing yourself to me today,I pray that you will pray for me to have such faith...

14. GBY

St. Agnes, watch over me and pray for me. Keep me strong in my faith, committed to chastity and virginity until marriage. Amen.

15. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Agnes, Help me and pray for me to keep my heart and mind away from sin.

16. Fr.Joseph santiago cmf

St.Agnes pray for us. My Lord,Jesus Christ,has placed a ring on my finger;he has adorned me like a bride with a crown.He who is the Lord of the angels is the one to whom I am betrothed. The sun and moon reflect his beauty. Even in great pain they were pure and steadfast in faith and gave up themselves to God alone.

17. Emelina

To Disappointed: St. Agnes had a "calling" to serve the Lord and promised to give herself to God, much like the vows of priests and nuns, one of the seven Sacraments which also includes the sacrament of matrimony. She chose to offer herself to God, and does not diminish the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman who declare their love for each other with the Lord. That is why marriage is not a union of two people but three: God, man, and woman.

18. rob

Saint Agnes was like a sister or nun, but perhaps without the availability of a nearby order to join. She was still too young to join a convent. But, like every nun, she was married to Jesus in purity of heart and was called by God to follow Jesus in this way.
    Saint Agnes' martyrdom bore witness to the conviction of her faith in God. 'Blessed are the pure of heart', Jesus said. Purity is where she took her stand in her short life. And who could blame her. What expectations does the world have for us in our daily lives that are against God's will? And where do we take a stand?
    Most of us, girls and boys, grow up and marry and have a family and try to raise our children in purity. Saint Agnes, pray for daily victories over impure thoughts. Pray to protect our hearts and our children's hearts from impure images and words. Pray God to send angels to battle impure hearts. And pray to bless us with the light of Jesus.

19. S.G.

HAPPY FEAST DAY ST. AGNES!!!

20. christie

St. Agnes, I was always fascinated by you and came to have the privilege to visiting your catacomb at Via Nomentana, Porta Pia in Rome. Your life is pure, holy and single-minded. Please pray for me today to give me the patience, forebearance and fortitude to see that in every uncomfortable situation, there is an opportunity for grace and peace. This is what I see in the way you bore testimony to your love for Jesus our Lord and Master. I am truly convinced that with the grace of the Holy Spirit every occasion of discord and unease is a small reparation for sin. Please pray for my mother and I on this your feast day. Her sister who died at the age of 9 was named after you. I love you dear saint. Amen.