St. Agnes Comments

St. Agnes was a Roman girl who was only thirteen years old when she suffered martyrdom for her Faith. Agnes had made a promise, a promise to God never to stain her purity. Her love for the Lord was very great and she hated sin even more than death! Since she was very beautiful, many young men wished to marry Agnes, but she would always say, "Jesus Christ is my only Spouse." Procop, the Governor's son, became very angry when she refused him. ... Continue Reading

1. angelamartinezz
    9 months ago

what is St. Agnes full name?

2. gil roxas
    10 months ago

Dear St. Agnes, Please guide me today (the commemoration of your Jan 21 birthday) when I go for an interview from a future employer. I know you are also the Patron Saint of the Gardeners. Thank you very much.

3. Anne Rosen
    10 months ago

Thanks Catholic Online for this article. I heard about her during a Bible Sudy on Revelation. What faith! What courage. Dear St. Agnes pray for all our children that they may have your faith and courage too.

4. lam quan phung
    10 months ago

Saint Agnes, it is the first time i known this holy historic ( my good news ) and please pray for one of my mother in law ( Agnes Duong thi Cac ) who has passed away for years ago have mercy on her soul. Thank you. Peterlam

5. Joseph Mathew
    10 months ago

St. Agnes, Holy Virgin, please pray for us to maintain purity at heart and to do everything for the glory of God.

6. RT
    10 months ago

Dear St. Agnes, please pray for me that I may follow God's will as you have.

7. Ishingwa Pascal
    10 months ago

I have got inspired by this information of St Agnes and from now i ask that she may pray for us youth to live as her example as we look foward to the success of our future and i pray for my family.Amen.

8. Julius Ekoh
    10 months ago

Saint Agnes pray for us that we may be firm in our choice to follow Christ. Amen.

9. eden

please, I am doing a project for school and need to know when this website was last updated.

10. Agnes

When I found about her life, I got inspired. I feel that she is so kind and brave. I admire her. I think God gave me some of her traits, that I should treasure.

11. Angela Hess

I pick St. Agnes because she has an important role about being a saint to me. When I was younger she always touch my heart in many ways. She was my favorite saint in my life time.

12. Eduardo Quintos

I was in Rome last July. I was told about St. Agnes Basilica, not knowing who she was, I went to see it. When I entered her tomb, I felt something that attached me to St. Agnes, I fell on my knees and prayed. I left the Basilica with a happy smile and I felt so peaceful inside me. I was told about the catacombs under the Basilica so I went back to see it. I visited St. Agnes' tomb again and felt the same feeling and energy again. I took a rose from the bouquet of flowers in her tomb and I carry it with me in my wallet always. I needed to know who she was so I googled her and found out she is my patron Saint. Everyday I pray to her and if I need help, I ask for her intercession. St. Agnes, pray for us.

13. Adu-Nontwiri Stephen

I have a female descendant who is a week old and for her role as a catholic christian I am naming her after Saint Agnes. I therefore pray that she will take after her good life. Amen

14. Adu-Nontwiri Stephen

15. Azinta Francis O.

St. Agnes, d beautiful saint of the ancient time. Pls, i pray to have strong faith just d way u had, to serve God nd humanity nd also for the Lord to grant me all my heart desires in Jesus name. Amen.

16. makaylah longford

St.Agnes is a great lady and this information was very helpful.

17. Rachel

My confirmation name is Agnes...Agnes...What a beautiful name...I want to be just like her...

18. Alexia

Dearest saint agnes,
    Help me dear saint to remain pure and
    calm in the love of Christ until i marry my
    boyfriend. Keep both him and me pure and chaste
    Until we are blessed in the communion of
    Marriage. Always help us stay true and strong
    In the love of our Lord and Saviour.
    And help us be filled with the Holy Spirit.

19. Rita

My confirmation name is Agnes. Her story/life is such an inspiration. Dear St. Agnes,
    please pray for my son that he will find his way to God again. Thank you.

20. Rob Smith

thank you for sharing the story with all im not catholic but i had heard the story briefly the other day and wanted to find out more. I ask for prayer for me and my family. praise god for his mercy love and grace AMEN