St. Sebastian Comments

According to his legend, Sebastian was born at Narbonne, Gaul. He became a soldier in the Roman army at Rome in about 283, and encouraged Marcellian and Marcus, under sentence of death, to remain firm in their faith. Sebastian made numerous converts: among them were the master of the rolls, Nicostratus, who was in charge of prisoners and his wife, Zoe, a deaf mute whom he cured; the jailer Claudius; Chromatius, Prefect of Rome, whom he cured of ... Continue Reading

1. griff

he is awesome and my conformation saint

2. felcity troncao

wow thanks so much

3. mmeelliinnaa

ssuuppeerr ccooooll ssaaiinnt hhee iiss rreeaallyy iinntteerreessttiinng..((::

4. jack

I need to do a report on him for school.
    : (

5. Jake Mathews

I have a son who did this saint as a project and this site helped a lot!

6. jake mathews

IM REALATED TO THIS GUY

7. joy

i was dreaming in st. sabastian in last night, he is suffering 4-5 arrows he is body one is he right side of eys another one 2 eys is center, other's he is body. pls can u explain of this meaning.

8. Sainimili Tawake

I did not even know that there was a patron saint of sports (athletes) until my daughter Patrina asked me. Her question prompt me to search the web and i am very pleased with the informatiion I got from this website. Vinaka
    Sainimili Tawake
    Fiji

9. will maguire

oh hey guys!:) does anyone have any interesting facts about st sebastian?:)))

10. Jonathan

I was reading about him on the internet and apparently, Saint Sebastian is also the patron saint of homosexuals. I think that's wonderful because I happen to be gay. But I think that a lot of male soldiers and athletes might be put off slightly by his patronage of the gay community, not that they SHOULD be put off by it, but some people in the armed forces and sporting professions tend to be rather homophobic and prejudiced.

Nevertheless this is what I am looking for, a patron saint of gay people. Saint Sebastian appears to fit the bill, so I guess he is my patron saint then.
    Just thought I would make my own contribution to the discussion guys, could anyone do their own research and find out if St. Sebastian is really a patron saint of homosexuals? Thanks, take care.

11. sebastian

i love my name coz my name is indicated to my favourite saint....................

12. Tamara

i want to know if he is a soccer saint?????

13. dee

St. Sebastian was very helpful to others as he was a very good student

14. Sebastian

lol! my name is Sebastian and im doing a project on St.Sebastian

15. Mark

My confirmation name is gonna be Sebastian because I'm an archer and future soldier. My brother choose Sebastian just cause it's the UM mascot's name :( I'm glad I'm picking him for a better reason!!

16. Renesmee

This was very helpful!

17. im sofa king we tawded

This really helped me on my paper due in three days!!!! :)

18. Jake McKiernan

this is so cool, i didn't think that id ever find a saint that was like me!

19. gabriel

i picked him as my confirmation name at first because he had such a cool name but now after reading about him i know i picked him for a lot more reasons

20. Allan Duong

omg, this saint is the coolest saint ever!!!