St. Sebastian Comments

According to his legend, Sebastian was born at Narbonne, Gaul. He became a soldier in the Roman army at Rome in about 283, and encouraged Marcellian and Marcus, under sentence of death, to remain firm in their faith. Sebastian made numerous converts: among them were the master of the rolls, Nicostratus, who was in charge of prisoners and his wife, Zoe, a deaf mute whom he cured; the jailer Claudius; Chromatius, Prefect of Rome, whom he cured of ... Continue Reading

1. Sandra

Upon having the name Sebastian come to me four times in one day I had to seek a possible meaning for this. It is now clear that St. Sebastian would be a man whose faith you would be wise to bring into your own life. His strength and courage are intensely inspirational and his ability to heal others amazing. I conclude from this that St. Sebastian has entered my life at this time for a reason or purpose, I will prayer to him each day and thank him for his example. In conclusion I would like to humbly ask for St. Sebastians assistance and courage to mount a war against the illness that has plagued me since 1992 and emerge cured so that I may inspire others to stay strong and remain in faith From this day forward he will be one of my patron saints. .May my words and actions forever honor his sacrifice for us. Thank You St. Sebastian. Amen

2. anne

St. Sebastian please hear my prayers at this time of need.

3. (-,_,-) lol

wow this was really cool. Now I've at least got background info on him so I can write a report on him. Really helpful!!

4. Elizabeth McCurdy

Thank you St. Sebastian for answering my prayers.

5. Rick

this website reminds me of KFC ITS SO GOOOOOD!!!!:)

6. Michael

I picked St. Sebastian as my confirmation name. He is the patron saint of athletes and is known for his physical endurance; I am on swim team and a cross-country runner so I guess we kind of share that.

7. Jim

I am doing a saint report on him for Confirmation. This site is helpful, but it doesn't say what his feast day is. Does anyone know?

8. Manny J. Marrufo

Today is his feast. A young boy bas serving Mass today whoase name is Sebastian
    and he surprised us all. He knew all about his patron saint. I am surprise that is the patron of soldiers--this was a military chapel. Great to know that he is patron of soldiers. I read with interest an above comment about also being patron of gays.

9. Kiedis

This site really helped. My little brothers name is Sebastian. He is my confirmation saint. He was really brave to approach the people who tried to kill him.

10. Albert CHAN

I am told to introduce Saint Sebastian to the class of catechumen. Not only does it
    supplement the background information of Saint Sebastian but also enrich my knowledge of Saint Sebastian.

11. Monica

My son is on the High School track team and his preferences is Cross Country/distance running. I was pleased to learn of a saint that embodies the quality of endurance. Now I want to try to locate a prayer card/medal for my son to have with him when he attends meets.

12. adam

this info helped me pick him as my confirmation saint, thanks

13. mathew

never mind, it seems he doesnt have a canonization process, but I would just like to say thanks for the info because it is really helping me out with this prject I have.

14. mathew

what was his canonization process?

15. sebastian

ive wanted to know the story of my name for a while and its weird that i read another biogrophy that said the widdow who cured him was named irene and girl friends name is irene

16. oscaR

17. Oscar

I am thankful for this info, I needed it for a project.

18. zack

i love st sebastain because he helped me do a progect at the last minute when i realized i forgot to do it

19. anonymus

I used to pray to St. Sebastian when doing games at school. He helped me a lot. Thank you, St. Sebastian

20. Elisa

My son who is an athlete, an I who was a soldier wore matching necklaces,sadly he lost his. He lives in Weymouth Ma and plays basketball in Hingham. If anyone finds this please email so I can once again feel close to him yhanks for looking.God Bless