St. Sebastian Comments

According to his legend, Sebastian was born at Narbonne, Gaul. He became a soldier in the Roman army at Rome in about 283, and encouraged Marcellian and Marcus, under sentence of death, to remain firm in their faith. Sebastian made numerous converts: among them were the master of the rolls, Nicostratus, who was in charge of prisoners and his wife, Zoe, a deaf mute whom he cured; the jailer Claudius; Chromatius, Prefect of Rome, whom he cured of ... Continue Reading

1. LaLasMaMa

Beloved Saint Sebastian, thank you for watching over my daughter LaLa and helping her achieve her Division 1 College scholarship to play softball. Thank you for giving her the strength, courage and stamina all these years to take her to the next level and making it possible to play for the University she has always wanted to attend. Please continue to guide and pray for her, to keep her safe and injury free. She represents by wearing your medallion close to her heart. Mahalo nui loa, me ke aloha pumehana St. Sebastian.

2. claudia

St Sebastians please help me improve more in badmintion and help me continue my life sport that i love softball and help me be a part of the team

3. Terry

St Sebastion
    I pray to you to give my son strength and guidance as he starts his yrs of atheletics.Give him the confidence he will need.Help him to always remember he is part of a team and to always be good to his teammates.I pray he always remains strong and works to best of his ability.

4. Nancee

I have been in alot of pain and stress over the physical and mental state of my eldest son. At this stage in his life his father and I belive he has a special gift from abovr in his rugby league (football career). I have turned to you St Sebastian as the patron saint of athletes and I ask and I beg that you guide him and help him through this career. Most of the boys he plays against and with are physically and mentally stronger than him (as my son is both underweight and very short) and sometimes this gets him down and less confident. He has a big game on Wednesday for a representative school team, so i please ask, if it is in your will and my Fathers will in heaven, that you give him confidence, help him and guide him all the way through these trials. Thanskyou for giving me the opportunity to confide and pray with you and I pray that all athletes achieve their goals and dreams! xx

5. oswald

I had gone through all the news about St. Sebastian.I am from India belong to St. Sebastian Church. Our Parish is celebrating the centenary celebrations this year & we have organised many a events to keep up our spirit alive.On palm Sunday we have organized a theater like drama on the history of St. Sebastian.the Soldier.As there are lot of expenses i request you all if you can contribute for this noble cause.As the Church is 100 years old we have to repair it & along with that we have opened a medical fund for the poor.We have around 2000 families but as you know the expenses are beyond our budget. I will send all the appeal letters in my next mail.Please see if you all could approach the good donors who can help us.I am sure St. Sebastian will send his Heavenly blessings on all of you in a special way.Thank you in advance & greetings from our Parish.Regards,
    Oswald (Convener for cultural Activities)

6. Alex

Saint sebastian , Pray for us.....................

7. Mathew

Dear Lord, my wife is not with me now due to some misunderstanding she went to her relative home and make a police compliant against me and she and her family treated me as a dog Dear Lord i am ready to forgive all this things but i want her to come to me with my Child and say Sorry for what had happened and lead a good life. In this battle my only Child Sara mathew is affected May heavenly God Give her Strength to bear all this. Dear Lord Please do Miracle in my life and bring back her and my child to me with out any compromise and she should feel sorry for what she did.

8. Matthew Camacho

and the patron saint of Caserta, Petilia Policastro in Italy, Melilli in Sicily, San Sebastián as well as Palma de Mallorca in Spain. He also is the patron saint of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Informally, in the tradition of the Afro-Brazilian syncretic religion Umbanda, Sebastian is often associated with Oxossi, especially in the state of Rio de Janeiro itself.

He is also the patron of a college named for him in Manila, which is adjacent to the Parish of San Sebastian.

Sebastian is the patron saint of the Diocese of Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Philippines.

Saint Sebastian is the patron of Knights of Columbus Council #4926 in the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Jose in California, serving the cities of Mountain View and Los Altos.

In his 1906 Reminiscences, Carl Schurz recalls the annual "bird shoot" pageant of the Rhenish town of Liblar which was sponsored by the Saint Sebastian Society, a club of sharpshooters and their sponsors to which nearly every adult member of town belonged.

is the best lines i've read, and it is very inspiring.

9. joann

My grandson who is a freshman in high school kmade the varsity hockey team and is tryin hard to keep up please pray for him Thank you.

10. Yvonne

St. Sebastian, I pray to you to help guide my niece in her difficult times involving her coaches and her desire to play on her basketball team. I pray that they provide her with a fair opportunity to participate and that she is strong in faith, spirit and ability to excel at this sport she has participated for the better part of her life. Please help her cope with the humiliation and pain she has endured. She is a strong girl and has displayed immense courage; I pray to you to help her continue being brave and strong. Her love of this sport and her knowledge that she was previously a successful member of the team are two of the things that help her endure the pain she is feeling. Her faith in God is unrelenting. Please help her. Thank you.

11. couch potato

St Sebastian,
    you of all know how desperately I want to get back in shape. Please turn my motivation into action, my words into a work out, and my body strong again.

12. SFS

Dear St. Sebastian,
    I pray for your intercession in the development of my physical and mental strength. I have had poor health the last few years and I beg you to intervene on my behalf so that I can become a great athlete. Please pray for me as I continue to work to get better and try to achieve my full potential. I ask of this in Jesus' name, Amen.

13. Thank you St. Sebastian

Dear St. Sebastian,
    I wore your medal throughout my college football career, the same one hangs around my neck 12-years later. Though I never personally asked for your intercession during my playing years, I look back and see how you guided me. I was never the fastest or the most skilled, but through your helped and God's graces I accomplished so many of my goals. In retrospect that I all I could really ask for out of my football career. In searching my heart, I also know it is through you I have had a professional career involving athletics. And while at times I fight against it I feel so blessed to have been involved with so many great, humble and wonderful athletes.
    For all of this, I thank you St. Sebastian. I was and I am truly not worthy of your intercessions.

14. JC

St. Sebastian, I pray that you will help guide our basketball team through their next tournament. Please help them to play with confidence, heart and determination. Help them to have faith in their abilities and play their best. Pray for them St. Sebastian. Guide them.

15. sue

I beseige St. Sebastian, patron saint of athletes, for interceding for my son as he tries out for his college team. Please continue to guide him with humility and in your honor. If it is your will grant him his desire to become a part of this team. I pray for him, his coaches and his teammates. I pray that you will continue to guide him and give him the strength and courage to face what is to be God's will. Praise God

16. Matthew

st. Sebastion, your amazing and a great choice for my confirmation/ christian name!

17. CJ

Thank you, St. Sebastian, for helping my daughter and her tennis team this season. It was a successful one, not only because of their winning record, but more because of the teamwork, sportsmanship and respect for others the girls displayed these past couple of months. Thank you again, St. Sebastian. Praise God!

18. Claire Berrett

Saint Sebastion, pray for my daughter as she competes in her gymnastics meet today. Pray for her confidence to rise up and help her accomplish her goals with humility and honor. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

19. COWS AROUND THE WORLD

I LOVE ST. SEBASTIAN.....

FROM COWS AROUND THE WORLD

20. Raul

St Sebastians please watch over my son as he starts his high school baseball career help him to do his best.

Thank you so much!!!