St. Sebastian Comments

According to his legend, Sebastian was born at Narbonne, Gaul. He became a soldier in the Roman army at Rome in about 283, and encouraged Marcellian and Marcus, under sentence of death, to remain firm in their faith. Sebastian made numerous converts: among them were the master of the rolls, Nicostratus, who was in charge of prisoners and his wife, Zoe, a deaf mute whom he cured; the jailer Claudius; Chromatius, Prefect of Rome, whom he cured of ... Continue Reading

1. Alex Ponce

This page helped me on a report for my religion class. I like the name Sebastian and he died for his believes. Thanks!!

2. Alex

This helped me on my research on Saint's. Now I know more about Saint Sebastian, Thanks!!!!

3. George Anjikkal

It was helpful to me to teach my students.

4. Catholic Student

I knew next to nothing about Saint Sebastian. My friend had mentioned him to me. Now I know a lot about him and have written a report about him. Thanks, Catholic Online!

5. Jake

I'm doing a report on a Saint and I choose him because I play 5 sports. Thanks a lot.

6. hbk10se

thank you so much !

7. MA

Im doing a project on him in my religion class, we got to pick any saint and i love sports so i did st. sebastian because it said he was the patron saint of sports, i knew nothing about him before, this page helped me a lot thank you

8. Gabriel Griffin

I am doing a project on St. S. and I appreciate all or your information

9. MT

i need to do him for a report.

10. kylie chave

awsome 4 a project

11. mathews vargheese

st sebastian helped me from the poverty, i love him, my father a devotee of st sebastian

12. Jesse

st.sebastian helped many people. he is my favorite saint. he gave me great joy! i think the cool part is that he got shot with arrows and survived being a martyr would stink but he gave up his life to help us. u can see in a lot of saints that they really cared about Jesus srry for a really long seech thing but i think peeps should no!!!

13. laura

Ever since I started to go to church and was able to learn about saints. I was told that my surname was that of a great saint,now looking at the life of Saint Sebastien I am glad to have a saint name.

14. Nick

i am doing research on sebastian and found him very brave and courageous. I chose him because of his athleticism and i cannot believe that he was shot with arrows and survived!!!

15. michelle

I found a st sebastian necklace in a parking lot n ever since that day I haven't taken it off. when I found off all the amazing things he did, n how many ppl he helped...i just can't take it off from around my neck.. and I am also a huge archer. I've had great luck with all my activities involving strength n fitness, including firefighting, n I think this, St. Sebastian, Pray For Us,,, necklace is inspiring me to do much more then I thought I could..

16. jean

my boy is three and a half yr old. even when he was two, he is noted to be strong, got big hands and feet.the older boys noted that.doesnt surprise me, he is named after St. Sebastian, and we call him Seb for short

17. sharon routhier

I was given a St. Sebastian medal by my uncle Charles. This website really helped me find information about him. I am also an athlete and an archer. thank you so much!!! :-)

18. oralee.johnson

this is a very popular name and sebastian is my brother iam years old