St. Robert Bellarmine Comments

Born at Montepulciano, Italy, October 4, 1542, St. Robert Bellarmine was the third of ten children. His mother, Cinzia Cervini, a niece of Pope Marcellus II, was dedicated to almsgiving, prayer, meditation, fasting, and mortification of the body. Robert entered the newly formed Society of Jesus in 1560 and after his ordination went on to teach at Louvain (1570-1576) where he became famous for his Latin sermons. In 1576, he was appointed to ... Continue Reading

1. Robert Bellarmine De Rose
    9 months ago

St. Robert Bellarmine!
    Please pray for me so that I may live a life worthy of your name.

2. Jane
    11 months ago

St. Robert Bellarmine,
    Please watch over my nephew Robbie as he is in CHEMO right now. I don't know how he got it and all I can pray for is that he gets better. Please continue to pray for our hopeless world and continue your prayers for my family.

AMEN

3. Joseph Mathew
    11 months ago

St. Robert Bellarmine, please remember me in your prayers.

4. William Arrott Jr

Clarification, please: "Cinzia Cervini, a niece of Pope Marcellus II" ... "Cinzia Cervini, who was sister of Pope Marcellus II"

5. christopher

St Robert bellarmine i belive in you
    I ask you 2 pray for me and my family
    god bless
    Amen

6. jose mendoza

it help me in my conformation project, thank you

7. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Bellarmine, You are truely a great prophet, a true man of God, and a very great man! Please do pray for me.

8. Christie

St. Robert Bellarmine, we admire your courageous stand on all the issues you addressed, not as one who was eager to win popularity but tuly as a man of God. You faced terrible heresies, spoke up for Galileo, nurtured saints, wrote copiously and tirelessly and gave us a true understanding of where political authority should come from. What a fantastic life you led, guided by the Holy Spirit and by a deep love of Christ. Help priests to implement the guidlines/revisions given to the universal Church about the Holy Mass by Pope Benedict. St. Robert give me the grace to utilise my most precious gift of "time" and "talent" in the service of the Lord and my neighbour. Bless my aged mother on her last pilgrimage, on her final journey to meet Christ and His blessed Mother. Give her children great commitment and cooperation in taking care of her. St. Robert also pray for healing and complete recovery for all children born with terrible physical and mental afflctions. Amen

9. kavexr

well my christian name is Robert i have always wondered wether there is any saint called that name .to me the name sounded more of British. thanks for the information

10. Charlene Palumbo

My grandson is making his conformation in 2012 and took St. Robert as his confirmation name. The information I was able to get will help him write about St. Robert..

11. bob

wow

12. Monica

Would like more information on the exchanges between St. Robert and Galileo! very interesting. School textbooks have it all wrong on this topic, and I'm trying to find articles to send in to the teacher.

13. Lisa

What is he the patron saint of? Needs a little more information.

14. adrian

this needs more details for my report good job though thx

15. Bob

Wow...This really works Thanks!

16. Ann

I went to Bellarmine-Jefferson High school over 50 years ago. Msgr Keating felt that Thomas Jefferson must have been influenced by Robert Bellarmine in his political philosophy that all authority comes originates from God - not government.

Although this information was given to us many times during my 12 years of education, I am now just trying to read information to see exactly how our founders were influenced during the founding of our country.

17. BG

great!

18. robert

good job. thank you this helped me alot and it is easy to understand

19. JUnioR

it helped a little bit and it needs more info

20. dudish boy