St. Jerome Comments

St. Jerome, who was born Eusebius Hieronymous Sophronius, was the most learned of the Fathers of the Western Church. He was born about the year 342 at Stridonius, a small town at the head of the Adriatic, near the episcopal city of Aquileia. His father, a Christian, took care that his son was well instructed at home, then sent him to Rome, where the young man's teachers were the famous pagan grammarian Donatus and Victorinus, a Christian ... Continue Reading

1. Ron Mulvaney

Finally, a bio on great saint with great treatment! Thank you!

Ron Mulvaney

2. Jackie

I am honored to have my birthday on the feast day of this wonderful Saint, I've never read anything on him but wsa called to read his great story...St. Jerome pray for us.

3. Kristie Foxworthy

Can you imagine having the knowledge and experience of Saint Jerome? He is like the Michael Jordan of languages and Bible translation and reformation. How I would pray for one iota of his experience and knowlege. God bless Saint Jerome for always holding true to his beliefs and please, Saint Jerome, pray for me that I too can become worthy of our precious Lord.

4. gators rock 25

i am doing homework and this thing didnt help me at all.

5. Douglas

I am a deacon at my parish and I am scheduled to deliver the homily on the feast day of St. Jerome. I wanted a resource that would have some meat and bones on it for my own purposes. Your account of his life was just what I was looking for. Thank you for providing a rich resource. I am more than a little impressed.
    God bless.

6. Steven

This is my saint for confermation

7. grace

this was so helpful! i had to do a project and this helped a lot!!
    THANK YOU!

8. Nance

I luv this site, I use the saints calendar for my religion lesson plans, however since Im dealing with the primary grades, it would be useful to have a condensed version of the saint in language a child can comprehend. Maybe you could look into that...
    I luv the cartoon though of St Jerome.
    Prayerfully
    nance

9. st.jerome onuaguluchi

Refreshing! Thank God i finally found this in-depth study. I finally begin to understand some earlier happenings in my life and why the grace of my lord,Jesus Christ has abound with me and still does even at this present hour.It is indeed a grace to share a name with one who laboured tirelessly for the growth of the church and spread of the gospel in most compelling circumstances.I thank His Lordship,Bishop Okoye,The Bishop Of Enugu catholic diocese,who in june 1971, baptised me,St.Jerome. May the souls of St.Jerome,Bishop Okoye, and all those who have laboured for the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ,find eternal joy in the bosom of Our Lord,Amen!

10. Marie S.

Thank you so much! This article has really helped my research.

11. Grace

This was a very fact-filled article about St. Jerome! If you are woundering who he is READ THIS!

12. marie

I have a girl scouts project to do,great info

13. John McDermott

this is the best info i have found on st jerome!! thanks you saved my grade!!

14. cara

i had to write a paper on st Jerome and this information was so helpful!!

15. diana laguerre

i have to do a project on him too. its alot of info.

16. mia nichols

i have to do a project on saint jerome and this information is awesome!!!

17. hunter

so interesting

18. guuuulz,

YERRRR BOI,
    stjeromes is the bomb :)
    :D

19. ivan srsa

Please let me know from which time dated earliest churches dedicated to St. Jerome

20. jamtzen isaac s. dalisay