St. Monica Comments

St. Monica was married by arrangement to a pagan official in North Africa, who was much older than she, and although generous, was also violent tempered. His mother Lived with them and was equally difficult, which proved a constant challenge to St. Monica. She had three children; Augustine, Navigius, and Perpetua. Through her patience and prayers, she was able to convert her husband and his mother to the Catholic faith in 370. He died a year ... Continue Reading

1. Lianne

St Monica please pray for my son, Brendan. Bring him back to me...I pray to you that he wakes up and understands the way to a righteous and fruitful life

2. Sayla

This really helped with my research paper...Thnx!!

3. Mary

I have a daughter who is deeply troubled. She is a wife and a new mother and needs peace and release from deep seeded anxiety and depression. She is angry at her family - especially me her mother, and anyone who crosses her path. I ask anyone who reads this for prayers. She is deeply troubled.
    St. Monica I pray for your help. My daughter is flailing to stay afloat. Please give her strength and a new resolve to see that her family loves her very much.
    Thank you for your help.

4. Debora Monica Situma

St. Mary, pray for us and all our family members especially those who are not faithful

5. Luna

Please monica help me pass my confirmation. help me understand the life god has gave me.

6. Karen Ruse

Thank you St. Monica for helping my daughter to realize she was in a spiritually unhealthy relationship (With a non Christian) and giving my daughter the strength to break up him.

7. melissa

st. monica seemed like a very strong woman. She went through alot of trials and tribulations like I did and still do. She is a wonderful insperation

8. Louisa

Please grant for me a financial miracle so I do not have to return to work after the birth of my third child. I dont want to work but I don't want to struggle financially. Please help my husband find a better job or another financial breakthrough that will allow this. My sons middle name is Augustine after your son

9. Gabby

St. Monica, you are forever my hero.
    Years ago, my Dad was driving home on the interstate when a red pickup truck crashed into him, sending my dad's car skidding across the road, flipping once. My Dad unbuckled his seatbelt after the ordeal, unscathed, and fell onto his head. He managed to climb out, and a white car pulled over. He says a woman came out and said her name was Monica. She asked if he needed to use her cell phone. He said no and reached into his pocket, but found that his phone was gone. He took her phone and she called my mom, and my mom described her voice as comforting and kind. I remember it too. By then I was crying my eyes out, I was worried about him. He talked to us and comforted us, and then hung up. The police took him to the station and then he came home. Later, the inspectors told my dad that he should've died. The roof of his car had completely caved in. there was no way he could've survived, let alone fallen. He said he doesn't remember Monica's face.
    This made my mom begin to look it up, and when she read that she was the patron of wives and/or widows, I began to speculate that this might have been extremely unusual.
    I am about to receive Confirmation, and I am taking on St. Monica's name as my Confirmation name. And I am very proud of it.

10. Mary Anne

Dear Saint Monica, thank you so much for interceding on the behalf of so many people, especially Diane. I beg that you will bless and restore my marriage too. Let trust, love, peace, faith return to our hearts and may my marriage be a happy, monogamous, long-lasting one. I pray that my husband had been telling me the truth and that he will continue to assure me. I pray that he will hold the marriage vows and the Sacraments of Marriage close to his heart. I pray that I can learn to trust him and love him once again. I also pray that his love for me and faithfulness to me will grow each day. I beg you to restore, heal, save and improve our marriage, back to how it once was. In God and in you, we trust. Thank you very much for interceding for us, Saint Monica. God bless and AMEN!

Dear Diane, wishing u a happy marriage too! God bless!

11. BLF

To All: St.Monica will answer your prays. She answered mine. I can't thank her enough. Her INTERCESSION is miraculous.THANK YOU! ...ST. MONICA. GODs BLESSings to all.

12. Michelle

St. Monica, please intercede on behalf of myself and my three children. My husband has decided that he doesn't want this domesticated life anymore. He would rather be free and independent than tied down to the commitments of raising a family. I desperately desire to keep my family together. I still deeply love him. Please pray that he can come to know and love God and can also appreciate the wonderful family that we have together. I have not and will not give up hope that there can be a reconciliation. Thank you sincerely.

13. Matthew

This was great. My Grand Daughter chose her for a Conformation Name through her own research.

14. lori day

please pray for my son avery

15. Sue

Magnificent.

16. Abby

oh well i love Saint Monica. i started doing a report on her for church and then i got to know her so now i really love her because she is an awesome person an she is a good influence. please pray for my family Saint Monica and please pray for my friend angel who needs to find a better path in life

17. J Thomas

Saint Monica please pray for a peaceful resolution to my situation. Please pray that it comes soon. Please allow me to find the trust and love I once felt for my husband and bring us together in GODs name and in GOD law. Please watch over my children who have become jaded by watching the mistakes made in my marriages and help them turn to the LORD for their salvation. Saint Monica, remove all anger and sin from our marriage and bring us peace, love and intimacy. I know we are separated by distance but are still together by the bonds of matrimony and the love we have in our hearts. Help us overcome the temptations of others and keep us close in each others hearts and minds. Prevent outsiders from interfereing with our love and marriage and give us the strength to prevail in GODs name. Bless You Saint Monica. You are my mentor, my guide. In the name of Jesus Christ, I thank you.

18. Diane

St. Monica, I beg your continued intercession to help my husband and I restore our marriage and relationship. Please help us both release all the past mistakes and hurts. Please help him love me fully again, the way he used to. Help us to form a more perfect union as husband and wife, according to our Lord's principals. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen

19. Diane

St. Monica, your life continues to be an inspiration for me. Please intercede for me and help me keep my faith. Please give me the perseverence you had in praying for your husband and son.
    St. Monica, please intercede for Chris and I and help us on our path of complete renewal, restoration and healing of our marriage. Please ask God to fill Chris with his forgiveness and grace so he may forgive me and we may bury the evils of the past forever.
    In Jesus's name I pray. Amen

20. Nike

I love this article because it gave me ideas for a school project.