St. Monica Comments

St. Monica was married by arrangement to a pagan official in North Africa, who was much older than she, and although generous, was also violent tempered. His mother Lived with them and was equally difficult, which proved a constant challenge to St. Monica. She had three children; Augustine, Navigius, and Perpetua. Through her patience and prayers, she was able to convert her husband and his mother to the Catholic faith in 370. He died a year ... Continue Reading

1. Maria Solano

Pray for the...
    1.poor and the homeless that they find homes and food and get jobs.
    2.For friends and families.
    3.That we get peace and justice and love
    4.we pray all together.

2. ally

Dear St Monica pray for us. Pray for my mother and my son who are in God's care. Pray for my marriage that it strengthens and rises above the current difficulties we face. Pray that we have enough to get by and be blessed with another beautiful son. God Bless.

3. Ekekwe Chizbam

i've always loved the name Monica n wish she could help my mum. please keep praying for me. can't wait to be a mother and pls help to be the best when the time comes.

4. Marilyn

Pray for us St. Monica, pray for us...

5. Michael Ezeaka

I have read and heard about Saint Monica and His son Saint Augustine bishop of Hippo. Infact l learnt that she is great woman of prayers and principle with her unshakeable faith in her family and soul to get Salvation. I pray through her intercession l will get a wife like her. Someone who have fear of God and a woman who will love me as l am. Saint Monica pray for my Boss that he will get recover from sickness and win his soul to God.Pray also to get a lovely wife like you,. a man who find wife, finds a good thing and obtain favour from God.

6. Nicole

St. Monica, Please pray for the conversion of my husband and his return to the church. Please pray for my children that they may grow in faith and wisdom in the love of the Lord. For my both my immediate and especially my husbands family that they too may have their eyes open to the truth and return to the true faith. St. Monica, please intercede for me and and God to forgive my failings as a wife and mother, and know I and struggling to earn God's grace. St. Monica pray for all marriages as we all have struggles. Help wives be patient and submissive and come to the knowledge that only God can complete and make all things new. Amen.

7. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Monica,
    Please intercede for me to guide my family in the ways which are pleasing to God! Thank You.

8. ana

St. Monica please intercede for my prayer to GOD for my son - for his continuous healing physical, emotionally, spiritually and psychologically ...amen!!! May GOD bless me - all the mothers out there - all over the world..amen!!! GOD bless you!!!

9. Monica

St. Monica please pray for my son and all my family.

10. catholic

Saint Monica, pray for us!

11. Bits

Dear St. Monica,
    You prayed and plead for your son relentlessly because you loved him and saw his worth and wished his life not be lived in superficial vanities. Please pray also for my friend Peter, a self-identifying atheist, who has so much worth to God but who refuses to see. He suffers much loneliness but his intellect will not let him embrace the ever-present comfort of God's grace. His name is no accident and he could be the rock upon which God builds a fortress of faith. Peter is worth it and certainly God does not love him any less than I do. Please join me in praying for him. Thank-you, Monica.

12. Naomi

I am new to the Church (I am attending RCIA) and I now know that I did not raise my son like I should have. He is a young man (29) and thinks he is an atheist. Please pray for my son that he will come to know God's love and Jesus' sacrifice. Thank you and God Bless.

13. brendan

We ask Saint Monica to help and comfort the people of America and surrounds as Hurricane Irene heads inland. We pray that through her intercession America will be spared danger and loss of life on this special day, her Feast Day.

14. Darryl T D'Sa

Santa Monica, pray for us

15. christie

Dear St. Monica, you are the model of an faithful Christian mother, wife and daughter-in-law. Your unconditional love for your son, persistent prayers and undying hope led you to witness your famous son, Augutine's conversion. You are my role model, though I am very far in virtue from you. But, I have similar family situations in married life and children who are not close to Our beloved Saviour Jesus. I implore you on your feast day to pray particularly for all my three children to be faithful to Holy Mass and receive the Sacraments. More so that they raise my grand-children in God's holiness. These petitions are very important to me. Give me the perseverance in prayer which you so magnificently displayed. And at the same time, free me from frustration and impatience. May my life be one of service to God and neighbour. I ask for the gift of speech for Christian Ruiz. Help this young child overcome ALL his birth defects. I rely on you, St. Monica to answer my prayers. I ask these petitons in Jesus name. Amen.

16. richard

st monica pls pray for me so that i may increase in my faith becaucse i am begining to feel that God does not exist

17. Gina

I pray to you dearest St.Monica for my sister to get help, my husband to get the perfect job we've been praying about, for the conversion of his family, my dads health and success in business, for all my other family members and their intentions i pray. Help me forgive fully all abuse and change me so i am not so angry anymore. Help me with moderation and so my husband and I continue quitting smoking. Help heal my children. Amen and thank you dear saint.

18. Anne

St monica, please pray for me to be the best wife to my husband and for him to be the best husband to me, to be submissive and be patient. i need to control my anger and my tongue and to stop abusing my husband physically and verbally. Please pray that my husband's heart is softened and he forgives me and comes back home and not be unfaithful. please pray that our marriage work and that of my sister-in-law.

19. remona

Saint Monica this week i was reminded that 28 years ago i chose your name to be my confirmation i did choose because i liked the name (at 10 years old i didnt know anything about saints or jesus please forgive me ) being a mother & wife and i now I believe I chose for a deeper reason I am a mother & wife to a beautiful family, so i know you have been with me all this time and with Gods merciful love & grace & blessings i pray please to continue to watch over David G, Antonio G, Isabella G and all my family & friends and future friends that come in our paths please interceed my prayers please Saint Monica especially those that God knows cause me most anxiety and worry as a mother....In the name of Jesus I pray AMEN
    Saint Monica thankyou.....

20. Josh G

St.Monica Please Pray for me to Have the Lord's Guidance and Provisional Blessing in all that I am to do now. Whether to stay where I am or to go where the Lord desires me to. Please pray for my discernment and wisdom! Thank You and God Bless all of you!