St. Monica Comments

St. Monica was married by arrangement to a pagan official in North Africa, who was much older than she, and although generous, was also violent tempered. His mother Lived with them and was equally difficult, which proved a constant challenge to St. Monica. She had three children; Augustine, Navigius, and Perpetua. Through her patience and prayers, she was able to convert her husband and his mother to the Catholic faith in 370. He died a year ... Continue Reading

1. Faith

Saint Monica I would like to ask your intercession to pray for my husband joseph for his spiritual, emotional and physical healing. Please pray for his conversion that God will remove his anger, pride and hatred in his heart. He is been suffering from back pain, neck pain and headache these days and has been praying for his healing but I believe only God can heal him completely but he needs to be healed spiritually first because he has short patience, temper and always complaining. I love him so much and I want to see him to be pain free and stop complaining about everything. It seems impossible for me to change him but I believe nothing is impossible to our God so I'm lifting it to Him. Lord please help me husband to have faith in you, convert him Lord for your glory. Thank you Lord and St. Monica.

2. Mary Alen

Dear St.Monica,

This is the first time i am asking for help ..please save my marriage..kindly ask this great blessing from my Lord..as my husband is having so much affairs and he is having physical relationships with so many females ...he never accept it as a sin..its been 9 years i have been suffering this..he is abusive he beat my little 7 years old son..he has been torturing us..still i tried to keep up my hipe..but now he decided to live with some another women and he wants freedom so that he can go to any girls he wants..i lost all my hope we are no more together..he just left us for a new one..he made my little son orphan..he has no remorse..please st.monica..change this man who has been commiting adultery..change all the men and women who is cheating their partners and trasnfrom them to a new human so that their souls will be saved in to heaven..i love you dear st.Monica..Give me the hope and courage..Thank you Lord

3. Jennifer

Dear Saint Monica, Please pray for my husband and I. I have been impatient with him lately and we have been arguing, becoming very distant from each other. Our arguing is upsetting our young daughter and I would like for my entire family to be happy. Thank you and Amen.

4. M

Dear St Monica, please pray for the restoration of my marriage. My husband has recently moved out of our marital home, and we are drifting further and further apart. He might be in a midlife crisis, as he isn't very rational about why he is doing this terrible thing to me and our children. He is in a dark, empty place emotionally - please pray that he comes out of this state soon, recovers his feelings of love for me, and return home as soon as possible. Amen.

5. kerry

St. Monica,
    I pray to you because I, as you, am burdened by the state of my children's spirituality.
    I ask you intersession and all those who will pray with my for my children's return to
    the church in it's fullness. I pray that they will not continue to be blinded by the culture of this
    day and ask for their protection.

6. Catherine

Please pray for my son to marry his girlfriend in the Catholic church. Also, my other son to come back to God! Bless them both emotionally, physically, spiritually, finaciallly, and mentally.

7. mary

St. Monica pray for my daughter . her boyfriend broke things off and now she is in a depression and feels that there is something wrong with her. please St. Monica intercede for her that she might find a good husband soon . some one that will love her and take care of her and some one she will love and take care of.

8. Myra

Dear St. Monica
    I pray for all the children in our family that have left the faith and I pray for my relationship with my husband. please pray

9. Tom

St.Monica, please pray for my daughter's early marriage with a suitable boy

10. Taw

Saint Monica.. Pray that my marriage be restored and we will live a devout life.

11. Marguerite

I married in the Catholic church,had three children brought up going to church,my husband stopped going to church when the children were in school,as time went be my kids follewed his example,one of my boys did come back for a while,and now none of them are going,I'm lucky if they go at Christmas!I tried talking to them about it it doesn't seem to go anywhere.I was not really familiar with Saint Monica's life story,hopefully there is a prayer dedicated to her for help.Please pray for my family along with me! Thank you

12. Shana

Saint Monica,
    Please pray for my husband so that his heart will soften and our marriage be restored! I pushed him away. God has shown me what is important. Please pray for my marriage!

13. Ico

St Monica, please pray for my husband so he is willing to reconcile with me, and my marriage can be salvaged and restored.

14. Astara Pearson

Dear St. Monica,
    I would like to ask you to pray for my family and myself. We've been going through a breakdown stage for the past month, and we can't even make it two days without a major argument breaking out. I turned to you because you are the patron saint of abuse victims and I have been abused since I was just 3 months old; Physically and Emotionally. I am 16 years old now and have cut off all abusive ties, which has resulted in my new abuse free life for almost one year. I am getting baptized and receiving first communion on January 8th of 2012. I pray that the holy trinity and your spirit may be present at my baptism so that I can be reborn with my father and patron saint present. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

15. D

Dear St. Monica, please pray for all the fallen away Catholics in my family to return to the Church. Please especially keep my goddaughter in your prayers that she will receive the sacraments as soon as it pleases the Lord. Thank you!

16. agnes

dear st. Monica please pray for my daughter and mydelf that court will be stopped and that i can finish my degree and provide for my daughter as best i can. please help me with my studies and look over and protect all my loved ones, pray for us all St. Monica thank you Amen

17. Laurie

Saint Monica, please ask God to answer my prayers in restoring my marriage & family.

18. Mary Beadles

Dear Saint Monica,
    I to have a son who I love very much. He is a good son but is going through a difficult time now. He is in the Air Force and got sick and now he faces the indecision of being release from the Air Force which is a very sad thing for him and myself. He is young and needs to be able to stay in the Air Force. You are my patron saint and I very much appreciate all of the saints who intercede for myself and my son.

19. Ash

St. Monica, I found your name flipping through a Prayer Book this morning. I read the prayer and thought I would search more information about you. Mother, please pray for my daughter who is in college. She was brought up in the Catholic faith: baptized, first communion, and confirmation too but she is not active in the church as we wish she would be. Please bring her back to our faith and hope this will help her in her life and decisions making. Pray for her education too and stand by her for her exams. Pray for all of us who need your intercession with our Lord.

20. Jennifer

Dear St. Monica,

Please intercede for me and my three year old daughter. Her middle name is Monica after my mother and you. Accept my gratitude to God for a conversion ofymy own heart toward true and powerful love toward my husband and accept my devout repentance of my sins for all the hurt and anger I have caused him, his family, and my precious child. Please St. Monica intercede for me that my husband also have a conversion of heart and show him the way to accept love and forgiveness and stop our divorce. I beg your aid in standing strong in my love for him and God that we find a way to honor the true nature of family and give our child the gift of one harmonious family.