St. Monica Comments

St. Monica was married by arrangement to a pagan official in North Africa, who was much older than she, and although generous, was also violent tempered. His mother Lived with them and was equally difficult, which proved a constant challenge to St. Monica. She had three children; Augustine, Navigius, and Perpetua. Through her patience and prayers, she was able to convert her husband and his mother to the Catholic faith in 370. He died a year ... Continue Reading

1. Mary

St. Monica a offer praise to you today on your feast and every day I pray to you that my son, Gabe, will return to his catholic faith. He was baptized and confirmed as a catholic and I believe that if he returns to the church his life will follow in a positive direction. He is a very confused young man who is angry and not understanding why his is not happy in his life. He was adopted at birth and needs help sorting out the questions he has about his birth mother and why she gave him up for adoption. I pray St. Monica that you hear my prayers and intercede with our Lord Jesus Christ to help my son.

2. almamater

Saint Monica came to my thoughts one day after I had left my husband. I was about to go through a divorce when a strong conviction that I was not living as I should came over me. Not very religious, I was somehow led to read the Catholic Catechism on sin. With prayer, mainly the rosary, fasting, works of charity, and turning to the Blessed Virgin and Saint Monica, I was given a miracle. Not just the conversion of my heart , but my husband who I felt had been swayed to think and act as he did by an envious and meddling mother in law, turned to me and said that he could not understand what it was, but something was telling him we needed to be together. From that moment on, we both began to change, for the better. That was almost 20 years ago. I believe that no marriage is hopeless. Pray and ask for her intercession, with a conversion of your heart, and protection from all evil. It took 6 months of penance, but the miracle happened. We need to start first with ourselves.
    St. Monica did just that, by living as she should despite how her family was living.

3. Blanca

St. Monica, pray that my husband turns to know the Lord. I ask for your intercession, as God listened to your prayer and changed your husband, monther-in-law and son, that the Loord may do the same for my husband, son, and brothers. I ask this through mother Mary and the Jesus Christ, my savior. Amen.

4. michelle

Saint Monica, I pray for your intercession to Jesus that I may one day be blessed to be a good wife to a good husband in a loving marriage. In Jesus name and with the love of Blessed Mary.

5. Mona

Please Saint Monica pray for Jacob that he finds the right path, for his parents that theyfind the strenght and wisdom to guide him,that we people in Louisiana will survive Hurrican Isaac and for all cancer patients that they deal with their disease with dignity and grace. Thank you.

6. Alice Ojowi

Have been ispired by St. Monica's. 1. My late sister was Monica I ask St.Monica to intercede for my nephews and nices who are ofpans to receive Gods LOVE.
    my husband is Augustine May St. Monica intercede for Augustine through our Lord Jesus Christ to be a dedicated christian. May St. Augustine his patron saint take all the intentions our children to love christ with all their heart and soul , may we all prosper ,get good health and long life through the sacred haert of jesus i surrender. Amen

7. VERONICA

St. Monica your prayes changed your husband, please pray that my brother reconcile with our family. please change his ways and make him a good father to his children and wife as well,please help him find his way home to the faith.Amen.

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Monica, through your prayers and intercession, you achieved a change of heart of your dear ones. Please remember us in your prayers.

9. chet bas

happy feast day Santa Monica. please help to guide my mom and i. thank you

10. Monica

Saint Monica
    i love you as my inter ceder and i changed my name to Monica because of of your good deeds and faith you had in Christ Jesus Pray for me that i my baby grow well and i delivery without any problem. pray for me that my family may turn to Jesus my husband to know Lord and take him as number one,to get a job that will him to cater for his family our business to progress and to get matrimony sacrament. Saint Monica your prayer changed your husband,children completely let it also happen to my husband and family i pray all through mother Mary and the Se cred heart of Jesus Amen.

11. Troisnyx

I went to investigate feast days on 27 August (the day my mother died).... and I came across St Monica. My father's lost his faith and has become very negative towards Christians (Catholics especially), and I know that if my mother were still around, she'd be asking St Monica for prayers so that my dad may find his way home.

Now I will pray in her place. St Monica, please pray that my dad may find his way home to the Faith.

12. jeff stumpf

St. Monica popped into my head last night, seemingly out of nowhere. I believe she is praying for me. In no way am I an Augustine, but I'm happy to have her help.

13. Judy

St Monica,
    Please pray for me and my family. God pointed to you and gave you to me on my birthday (may 4 used to be your day) and I took your name as my confirmation name. Now I know why i need your example and prayers. I put myself and my family in your capable hands. Please intercede for me. Ask God to give me the strength and the will to know/do what I must for the sake of my family and marriage

Thank you.

14. Rose

Dear St. Monica,

Please pray that my brother and I will have a true reconciliation. Please change his ways and remove from him all vices which deter him from knowing Jesus. Please make him a better person as you did with your husband and children. This I ask in the mighty name of Jesus, through the intercession of St. Monica, Amen.

15. Jamie

St. Monica, Please intercede for me with Almighty God. Please bring mending and complete restoration to our marriage. Please bring my husband home soon, where he belongs. I love him and have forgiven him for his transgressions. Please St. Monica, help him see he belongs with me and not the other woman. St. Monica, help my husband remember all the good times we have shared in our 23 years together. Our life was filled with more joy than sorrow and he has lost sight of that. Please hear my prayers. Help my husband find his way back into our marriage. He has been gone for ten months now. I love him. Please help him see that we can grow and love again from this. I believe in our vows for better or worse, sickness and in health, until death do us part. Help him see that divorce is not the answer. I miss him everyday and continue to love him. Please help us. I beg your help St. Monica. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

16. Genevieve Allen

Oh Dear St. Monica, As a mother you know the heart break of a son who has fallen away from the church and lost his way. Please take my prayers and tears to the feet of Jesus for my son who is divorced, not yet 30 and has a baby on the way with a girl he is not married to. Please ask Jesus to open the eyes of his heart to see love for this woman with his child. Please pray for this unborn child to have a home of love with his mother and father in union with God.
    Thank you in advance for your intercession. My tears will also fill a river. Please give me the hope that you expericenced knowing that a child with that may tears shed for him by his mother will not be left unaided.
    IN Jesus name I pray to you.

Genevieve

17. Liz

St.Monica please help me in this moment of need. I am helpless and alone and feel like no one understands. I have been married for over 2yrs and now my marriage might be over. I do not beleive in divorce however I have been quick to react based on my unhealthy emotions. I have allowed people to fill my mind and ears with negativity about my husband and even though he has made some mistakes in our marriage I want to work things out. I truly beleive deep down that we can make it if we didn't have the outside negativity of family getting involved. My husband was raised in an unhealhty unloving environement and instead of me being patient I grew angry and bitter towards him for not showing me the life I knew we could have together. There is nothing I want more in this world other than to stay married and live under one roof again with one another and show each other the love and respect needed to make this marriage work. Please shine some light down on me. I am in a very dark and miserable place and don't see any options for myself at this point.

18. Pat Blair

Dear Saint Monica my children are now married and have children of their own. They do not practice their faith and my grandchildren know little or nothing about God. Please intercede for me by taking my prayers to the feet of Jesus. I pray daily that my daughter-in-law will be Baptized and that they will all return to faith and live their lives according to God's will. I honor you for your 17 years of heartache and prayer and ask you to grant me the same courage and strength to never give up.

19. Annabel Martinez

Dear Saint Monica please pray for my marriage. Please help me save my marriage and bring my husband back home. We have 3 boys and they need their father. He will not speak to me and has abandoned his children. He was a great father and a wonderful husband although jealous and abusive at times ..I am in no way perfect myself. We need him back the way things were when they were good...the boys need their father they are so hurt without him..please soften his heart and bring him back home. Amen.

20. Catherine

St. Monica,
    Please, please pray for my dear husband's faith to return, and for our marriage to be healed. Please, St. Monica, pray for us - I feel as though I am losing hope.