Obama orders closure of Vatican Embassy Comments

It's very hard to deny that the Obama administration isn't fighting a war on Catholics. In his latest move, Obama has ordered the closure of the U.S. embassy to the Vatican away from the Holy See to a more distant compound in Rome, allegedly for "security reasons." Continue Reading

1. KarlVDH
    7 months ago

Despite having posted this several times, Catholic Online apparently refuses- deliberately- to let TRUTH win over politics. It seems this staunchly Catholic website would rather hide a lie and hope it just goes away than proclaim the TRUTH.
    The fact that this story is untrue SHOULD be GOOD NEWS to real Catholics. Apparently, Catholic Online isn't interested in truth, but is more concerned with some anti-Obama political agenda than it is with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Deacon Fournier, shouldn't proclaiming the TRUTH be the first and foremost thing one can expect of "Catholic Online?"
    As a website run by an ordained Deacon... if someone came to you for advice rgarding a lie, wouldn't you council them to tell the TRUTH and kill the lie? Why can't Catholic Online resist the devil and make him flee? Why do we see so clearly that this website is trying to hide the fact that the story was a lie without comment? this is "Catholic?"
    This story is a lie. It is not true. This has been pointed out again and again, but "Catholic" online not only leaves the "story" up, no real retraction or clarification has been offered. So, every day this lie remains on this supposedly Catholic website, "Catholic" Online tells this lie over and over. If the message is that as long as the target is right, it's ok to be liars for Christ, because politics is more important than faith, then "Catholic" online is spot-on.
    Come on, Deacon Fournier, and C.O. . Quit avoiding and deleting these posts, quit hiding the truth, and do what's right. Put political bias aside, and print the truth about this. Obama didn't close anything, the US NEVER has had an embassy in the Vatican, and this story is completely, deliberately, misleading and false.
    If, that is, being Catholic is really the most important thing on this website.
    It's not going away. Truth is truth, and the Truth will set us free.
    Our Lady of Truth, Justice and Holiness, pray For Us!

2. Uncle Jimmy
    7 months ago

As Americans we have always been scared into a system of better the devil you know than the devil you don't. As Christians does this mean we should forgive and love "The Satan" or all of the Satan's in our lives and abroad? After all he is our greatest enemy and a necessary creation of God. I just know Christ was in the habit of lifting others up and we caught in this culture of death tend to step on as many necks as possible to get what we want. This goes far deeper than any one news story.........Stay awake!! Pray for me as I pray for you!

3. Sean C. Morris
    7 months ago

My first reaction when reading this article with the headline, "Obama orders closure of Vatican Embassy", was outrage at President Obama for having the audacity to do something like this. I wanted to send this article to my family and friends to show my anger over all of this.

Before I sent this article to my family and friends, I decided to learn more about this latest reason to be outraged over President Obama's policies. What I found in my own research through other articles online, and the comments below, was not what I expected. I found that this story was misleading, inaccurate, and mostly untrue. Now I was angry for a different reason, because I had once again allowed myself to become outraged at another inflammatory, sensationalized article inspiring hysteria. Where was the peace of God in this?

How is it that there are comments to this article posted online and on its Facebook page insisting President Obama is really a Muslim, that he is "just begging for an early funeral", or that he is the satanic antichrist "666" himself? Is all of this really being motivated by the spirit of Christ? Most of all, I find it difficult to understand why a commenter on Catholic Online's Facebook page would imply that she would not feel remorseful if President Obama were murdered since he was "just begging for an early funeral". Where is the radical love of Christ?

I am a devout and practicing Catholic, one who believes and professes what the Catholic Church teaches. I want it to be known that I did not vote for President Obama in either election. I do not support his fundamental disagreement with the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death. I do not support his rejection of the basic human rights to freedom of conscience and religion. I do not support his continual weakening of the basic unit of society found in the family. I do not support his expansion of abortion through the lucrative abortion industry under the guise of women's reproductive health. I do not support his flawed government takeover of healthcare. I do not support the policies of President Obama in any way. In fact, if people are not already disillusioned themselves by his conduct, I believe his presidency will be remembered as one of the most incompetent in history.

The many evils facing the world are not the result of the actions of a few scattered world leaders. The evils facing the world are the result of the choices each of us makes every day. We can only accept this sinful world as it is, trusting that God will make all things right. The world will never change, so we must be the ones to change ourselves. We can remain victims, or we can choose to live our own life to the fullest as we were made to live it. Look at how Jesus lived. Pope Francis would tell us to be messengers of, "The Joy of the Gospel", showing love to all, especially to those who persecute us or disagree with us, because only in seeing the joy and hope we have through Jesus Christ will anyone be swayed from their course to turn to God with all their heart, all their mind, and all their soul. Lord have mercy!

4. Joanne Williams
    7 months ago

I echo the comments of recent visitors who are disappointed and shocked at the content of this website. I am an actively participating Catholic with a vibrant faith and resent the inaccurate information portrayed here, as well as the strong political bias. President Obama, by supporting policies to help the middle and lower income brackets in our country, was ahead of our Pope (God bless the man - finally a pope with holy priorities!) in recognizing the importance of putting the needs of our fellow citizens first!

5. Joanne Williams
    7 months ago

6. KarlVDH
    7 months ago

PEOPLE!!! Pay attention!!

1) Obama didn't "close
    anything, he moved the embassy to a better location.
    2) There was NEVER a US Embassy IN the Vatican... it has ALWAYS been in an office in Rome. Now, it's in a BETTER office in Rome.
    3) This is a complete LIE, and has been since Catholic Online spread the story.

7. Anthony Pitts
    7 months ago

I was hoping to find a good Catholic website where I could find factual information. Instead I found here a politically one-sided article which was full of lies. Unfortunately, lying among conservative writers (I won't call them journalists) is way too common. Please do better.

8. Stephen Volk
    7 months ago

INCREDIBLE! OUR LADY ADDRESSES AMBASSADORS! Scroll down now to OUR LADY OF AMBASSADORS (Nov. 30 2013) at LadyofFatima.Wordpress.com Now... on another issue... Nostradamus predicted toe Vatican would be overrun by Islam. Does Obama have insider knowledge this will happen? What is the REAL Obama motive for closing down the U.S. embassy in the Vatican? Are Obama's "security concerns" related to the ominous prediction of Nostradamus?

9. Dax
    7 months ago

"Bearing false witness..."

The truth is that we never had an embassy in the Vatican. We have an ambassador to the Holy See, who has offices in Rome. The Obama administration is simply moving these personnel to better space, closer to the Vatican, on the compound used by the US Embassy to Rome. Nothing is changing.

Perhaps you should try sticking with the truth.

10. Patrick C
    7 months ago

* The U.S. embassy is not, and never was, located inside Vatican City.
    * The U.S. embassy is being moved, not closed.
    * GW Bush was president when the decision to move the U.S. embassy was made.
    * Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.