Fatima and the Conversion of Russia: Pope Francis Meets President Putin Comments

The return of Christianity to Russia should give us hope for our own Nation as we face the effects of moral relativism, secularism and the growing hostility toward Christianity. I want to suggest something which will raise many eyebrows.Is what is happening in Russia a partial fulfillment of the promised conversion of that Nation? President Putin exchanging icons of Mary with Pope Francis was not simply a mere nicety. ... Continue Reading

1. Edward Q Guerrero
    8 months ago

Quite a revelation about our self imposed chastisement, when we commit errors against God's commandments ...my understanding is that our Creator doesn't mandate punishment.....saying that we punish ourselves....it simply kinda follows what we know about our mind's/brain conscious function when we are involved in a mis-deed. I'm sure there is more to learn about this.....does punishment actually manifests in our physical being (mental or health), experiencing strife that brings worldly chaos and personal losses into our midst? Questions are abound the thought! We must do the right thing and never forget to behave ourselves in a righteous manner, that will allow us to gain the sure path to eternity--our perpetual reward.

From the Third Fatima Secrets excerpt:
    "And let us not say that it is God who is punishing us in this way; on the contrary it is people themselves who are preparing their own punishment. In his kindness God warns us and calls us to the right path, while respecting the freedom he has given us; hence people are responsible”.(5) The complete Blessed Lucia's secrets messages are posted on the Vatican's site and can be read@:

I apologize for my cryptic style of writing....I'm a tech type of guy and writing is not my profession. I hope that academic/theology educated person(s) would pick up on this story line and expand on the Marian apparitions and the secrets that took place at many holy sites. I also hope, that an in-depth analysis of our Blessed Mother's total role, in God's kingdom, will be written in future CatholicOnLine presentations. Thanking You and Wishing A Happy and Safe Advent Season to All. Merry Christmas!

2. Edward Q Guerrero
    8 months ago

Re: "Pope Francis has met with Israel's Netanyahu and Russia's Putin"

As for America: Here is evidence that we harvest hardships if we sow corrupted seeds during our lifetime....We put ourselves in a state of self duress/imprisoned.....because of ignorance, which there is no excuse, and perhaps because of our stubborn nature; an attribute that is very destructive. For that behavior we are prone to live a convoluted lifestyle. Causing illness', poverty, disrupted family core and many more daily life challenges that will manifest when we willfully exercise poor personal RESPONSIBLE stewardship in our lives. For now, we continue acceptance of abortion, marriage aberrations and many other social errors. (note: Blessed Lucia widely uses the word 'errors' to signify our transgressions against God).

As for Israel: The Jewish majority and other non Jewish minorities seems to suffer many challenges because of a probable 'error' made since 1948 when the Israeli State was established. As it has been written, even though the Jewish religion shares the prophecies recorded in the old Testament with the Christian Church there has been a separation since the coming of the Messiah as was prophesied in the Old Testament.....that being our Our Lord the Redeemer 'Jesus Christ'. Over two thousand years ago when the Advent occurred the Jewish religion didn't accept the birth of Jesus because they were expecting a messiah with more secular kingly attributes. Here lies the 'error' division.....the founding members of the newly formed Israeli nation wanted to use Psalm 19:15 of the Hebrew bible (Psalm 19:16 on the Christian version), as the foundation to consecrate the new country to God by calling it "Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer", as recorded in the Old Testament. But wait! The modern Liberal Jewish politicians of 1948 wanted the separation of Church and State like instituted here in the states. The original draft of the Israeli Declaration of Independence had the "Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer" written on the Document, but the Jewish Liberal majority had the Redeemer title redacted, as it appears to this date. Has Israel suffered punishment since 1948 because Jesus Christ's sub-title of "Redeemer" was rejected? In the Lord's Prayer we repeat that "hallowed be Thy name". The Triune God's Holy title is not to be ignored...it is an error if it is! More about the Rock of Israel@:

3. Ana-Marija
    8 months ago

Chris,

I am sorry my statement appears abraseive to you. It is only exact unlike the wishy-washy of a few other comentators.

Fr Gruner is not a renegade, regardless of your private opinion on him (and I seriously doubt the accusations you made of him). He is an honest and unswerving priest courageous enough to stand up against a strong Free Masonry influence in our church.

I am not siding with anyone, only adhering to the facts. Our Lady's request in Fatima has not been fulfilled and this is why the world is where it is today. It is also amazing you place an action of a pope above the request of Our Lady whose appearance was accepted by the very same Catholic Church.

Finally, why would a consecration of Russia in a short ceremony be such a problem? What possible bad thing would happend to us if we do what Our Heavenly Mother asks for and that only for our own good.

I guess this says about the courage of our Chruch today in comparison to the early Christians.

God bless!

4. Trinbagonian
    8 months ago

ANA-MARIJA, you can go down this road if you choose (your choice) but it is sad, against Church, and in vain. So again, I implore that you cease.

To take your assertions that "The most accurate and complete source of information is with Fr. Nicholas Gruner and the Fatima Network" as Truth, does not make it truth. You can repeat it all you wish but it still is not true. He has no archive with the authentic Sr. Lucia texts nor has he spoken to her, Francesco, or Jacinta, or their families, or the persons present for the apparition or the Fatima priest/religious or the Fatima interpreters etc. on the matter. All he has is some secondary info. Most Catholics do not know who he is.
    My guess is that he would have been (or would be) suspended from his priestly function. He is operating separate from The Church. PRAY for him and all priests. We belong to a Church community, God's, ONE Church, The TRUE Church. We do not belong to Nicholas Gruner or any other self-proclaimed Fatima expert not following The Catholic Church guided by Our Beloved Popes. Now, what he writes may stir passions, but this does not make it Truth. You can continue to repeat what he says, it still will not be Truth. You can put it in a book, build a website, a network, a church on it, etc. it still will not be Truth.

God has established His Church for Truth. If you don't follow Church, what yardstick will you use to decide which church or person to follow? I mean why Nicholas Gruner? Why not Peter Sand or Ana Rock? BTW, this is nothing new. The Bible warns us of false religious leaders and false interpreters of religious writings. The apostles even had to deal with breakaway religious in their time. There are countless deviations from The Church regarding Marian apparitions. PRAY for The Church. Pray for everyone.

NOW this is what The One True Catholic Church says -- not what Nicholas Gruner or me or you but The Catholic Church / founded on The Rock / against whom the gates of hell shall never prevail / laid down by Jesus / at whose name every being in the heavens, on the earth, and in the underworld every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is Lord:
    "Sister Lucia personally confirmed that this solemn and universal act of consecration corresponded to what Our Lady wished (“Sim, està feita, tal como Nossa Senhora a pediu, desde o dia 25 de Março de 1984”: “Yes it has been done just as Our Lady asked, on 25 March 1984”: Letter of 8 November 1989). Hence any further discussion or request is without basis."

ANA-MARIJA, "Rome has spoken; the Case is closed." (St. Augustine)
    ANA-MARIJA, God Has Come into this world and His Presence is In The Catholic CHURCH.

I am chained to Christ through the Popes/The Catholic Church. "It is true that some of them are preaching Christ out of malice and rivalry; but there are many as well whose intentions are good; some are doing it out of love, knowing that I remain firm in my defence of the gospel. There are others who are proclaiming Christ out of jealousy, not in sincerity but meaning to add to the weight of my chains." Philippians 1:15-17

I am chained to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. "To be “devoted” to the Immaculate Heart of Mary means therefore to embrace this attitude of heart, which makes the fiat—“your will be done”—the defining centre of one's whole life." The Message of Fatima, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. I repeat to you ANA-MARIJA following God's Will IS following The Church in Whom He Makes His Will Be Known. The Message of Fatima

I am chained to Sr. Lucia. "Sister Lucia responded by pointing out that she had received the vision but not its interpretation. The interpretation, she said, belonged not to the visionary but to the Church. After reading the text, however, she said that this interpretation corresponded to what she had experienced and that on her part she thought the interpretation correct." The Message of Fatima
    Evidence and interpretation belong to Church. PRAY and FOLLOW Church. Your actions do not reveal a heart consecrated to The Immaculate Heart, a faithful Marian disciple of Christ. You are guided to stop opening your spirit to religious viewpoints outside The Church.

5. Ana-Marija
    8 months ago

Dear Trinbagonian,

The request made by the Blessed Virgin in Fatima almost a century was for a Holy Father to explicitly consecrate Russia (no more no less) to Her Immaculate Heart. If this is done by the Pope and in communion with Catholic bishops around the world in a solemn ceremony, that the world will be granted peace. Ample evidence exists about this request of Our Lady.

While it is good and, I am sure, God-pleasing to consecrate the world and/or individual nations to Her Immaculate Heart, the consecration of Russia is what needs to be done in order for world to be granted peace. Anything else simply constitues pride.

Finally, it goes without saying that we, as Catholics, need to strive for getting closer to God each and every day. The consecration of Russia, as Our Lady requested, and our own perpetual conversion and consecration, if you will, are not mutually exclusive things, but rather simultaneous ones. However, as we can see from the state of the world today, until the request of Our Lady is heeded, no peace on a large scale will be attained.

God bless!

P.S. The most accourate and complete source of information is wiht Fr. Nicholas Gruner and the Fatima Network

6. Edward Q Guerrero
    8 months ago

Pope Francis has met with Israel's Netanyahu and Russia's Putin, two leaders from two nations that has experienced national strife in one form or an other. Here are two righteous leaders, both revere God in their own right. Russia's conversion back to Christianity including Putin, is taking place now, thanks to the many prayers from around the world that our Blessed Mother who had asked for the Russians conversion, when she appeared before the children of Fatima. On the other hand the State of Israel is presently facing doom voiced by the Iranians. The question is why is Israel is in dire straits? The irony of this situation is...Putin's country is on the path to a strengthen national religious base, while Israel is teetering on a possible future disaster. On this post I'm also going ask why is our beloved America is slipping into a serious dilemma ourselves. Are we, America and Israel, facing punishment.....not from God himself, but from "people themselves who are preparing their own punishment." This direct quote is from Sister Lucia's “THIRD MEMOIR” OF 31 AUGUST 1941 citing the secrets that the children of Fatima had made privy of in 1917 by our Blessed Mother Mary.

(I have to divide this related post in three installments...my thoughts are too lengthy for one comment piece) This is installment #1

7. Chris
    8 months ago

Ana-Marija,

I find your post rather abrasive and not very charitable. At any rate, no big deal. I know of Father Gruner and he is bad news. He was suspended of his priestly duties back in 1996 (Fr. Nicholas Gruner is suspended a divinis. According to canon 1333 §1) by the Apostolic Signatura.

What side of the fence am I going to choose to be on? I choose to be on the side with my beloved Pope. Jesus said: "Whatever you bound on earth is bound in Heaven." He said that to Saint Peter which is for all of the Popes. He did not say that to His Mother.

Whatever the Pope declares is valid. When he consecrated/entrusted (whichever side of the fence you want to be on), it was valid. Russia is seemingly making a better turnaround than the U.S. in terms of morality. We have to wait and see how things progress.

Placing yourself above or equal to the Pope is not a good thing. Sounds like that is what you are doing by taking a renegade priest's side over the Vicar of Christ. I'm not worried, the Pope is guided by the Holy Spirit. I'm not sure who/what Father Gruner is guided by.

God Bless,
    Chris

8. Trinbagonian
    8 months ago

ANA-MARIJA,
    You introduced some views that I was previously not aware of. Thanks for the information. Having reflected and prayed, I hope you do not mind that I share my thoughts with you:

It seems to me that we are speaking about consecration of Russia to Our Blessed Lady when we are missing that we ourselves need to be consecrated to Our Holy Mother as well.
    You see we are failing to follow Church, deciding for ourselves what needs to be done by Church and/or following the dictates of other persons who are not Popes of The Catholic Church. This is not right.
    MARY WANTS RUSSIA TO CONVERT. OUR HOLY MOTHER IS BECKONING EACH ONE OF US TO CONVERT.

Part of our conversion entails following God's Will. The Church is under the influence of The Holy Spirit. She is very capable. Our best way of following God's Will is to strive to follow The Church. Sr. Lucia is a good model of this, thanks to Our Holy Mother. I think Our Holy Mother uses her to show us how to be humble before God, Church, and man. We can follow. This will please Our Holy Mother, indeed. She will smile.

The Church has shown that she will correct, re-direct if need be. God be praised! We are not orphaned. Peace, ANA-MARIJA. Be consoled.
    Be directed by The Church who will have honest and intimate details of Fatima more than any other source. Consecration of our souls to The Immaculate Soul of Holy Mary requests it.

I share the beautiful prayer "Consecration to Mary":
    My Queen and my Mother, I give myself entirely to you; and to show my devotion to you, I consecrate to you this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am your own, keep me, guard me, as your property and possession. Amen.

God bless ANA-MARIJA. God bless.

9. Ana-Marija
    8 months ago

Chris, you are wrong!

First of all the pope did NOT CONSECRATE, but entrust the world to Our Lady.There is a very big spiritual difference between the two.
    Secondly, the Blessed Virgin asked in Fatima the EXPLICITLY RUSSIA, not the world BE CONSECRATED TO HER IMMAULATE HEART, which has not been done by any of the popes in almost 100 years since the apparition.

There have, however, been attempts to say otherwise and even a book was published, but it all remains a lie. Sister Lucy always insisted that the sole consecration of Russia be performed by the pope and all Catholic bishops in the world in a solemn ceremony and only this would fulfill Our Lady's request. For detailed info look up Father Nicholas Gruner's and Fatima Network-

God bless!

10. Chris
    8 months ago

Pope Francis consecrated the world to the Blessed Virgin Mary recently, and that includes Russia. I firmly believe that the Blessed Virgin Mary will defer to the Pope's judgment (Christ's Vicar on earth).

If you cannot trust the Pope, then who are you going to trust (yourself, the Devil)? The Pope is guided by the Holy Spririt, and Jesus said he would not leave us orphans. The gates of Hell will not prevail against His church. God's time is not our time. We need to trust that the Holy Spirit is guiding our beloved Pope.

Looking at some of these comments, it seems some people are putting themselves above or equal to the Pope. We need to have the faith of a child, otherwise we will not enter heaven. We need to have faith in our Pope, in the Holy Spirit, and we need to pray fervently.

God Bless,