SERIOUSLY? National Park Service spitefully removes handles from water fountains Comments

The National Park Service has tried to close Mount Vernon, the home of George and Martha Washington, as part of the government showdown. The problem -the site is privately owned. The list of outrages against the NPS is growing. Continue Reading

1. Cricket

The government is doing all this to stir people up. Why? Do they want to be able to declare marshal law? Then they can take over everything. Our military and their families are having their pay withheld. Our Vets can't receive care in Veteran hospitals. I think this is most important to our National Parks shutdown. We live in East Tennessee and miss the Smokey Mountains National Park. The leaves changing and the fishing, but if I could choose....our Veterans and military would come first. Government has closed the commissaries and medical treatment for families. Our prez is throwing tantrums like a two year old. He wants his way not what Americans want.

2. Johnny

Anybody remember the song/movie, "Alice's Restaurant?" In this part of the movie, Arlo Guthrie is being booked for littering at a closed town dump.

The similarities between the Gov't's response to a shut down and a small town kid's arrest for littering is as hilarious as well sickening!

"After the ordeal, we went back to the jail. Obie said he was going to put
    Us in the cell. Said, "Kid, I'm going to put you in the cell, I want your
    Wallet and your belt." And I said, "Obie, I can understand you wanting my
    Wallet so I don't have any money to spend in the cell, but what do you
    Want my belt for?" And he said, "Kid, we don't want any hangings." I
    Said, "Obie, did you think I was going to hang myself for littering?"
    Obie said he was making sure, and friends Obie was, cause he took out the
    Toilet seat so I couldn't hit myself over the head and drown, and he took
    Out the toilet paper so I couldn't bend the bars roll out the - roll the
    Toilet paper out the window, slide down the roll and have an escape. Obie

3. Read Solzhenitsyn

Cheka is a better comparison than Gestapo to US government goons.

Trotsky not Hitler is the guiding hand behind US government goons.

Sixty million Slavic Christians were eventually holocausted by Trotsky's co-religionists. Even today that holocaust can only be whispered about.

4. RebeccaD

You have one thing wrong. You said park rangers do janitorial duties. I can assure you they don't. They have the maintenance workers for that. I grew up in the park service and rangers don't do much of anything other than look spiffy in their uniforms and ride around in the ranger trucks, taking credit for all the maintenance workers do. They do have naturalists, who are of more use as they teach the tourists about the flora and fauna. But if you hear a ranger saying he built a trail, cleaned a bathroom or did any real work, he's lying.

5. Viki Watson

One more reason we do not need the Government

6. Jeff

In 1986, when the Democrat controlled Congress and the Reagan Administration did not come to terms on a budget and the government shut down, I was travelling in Arizona with my father. We went to several parks during that time, and at each one, we were met by a ranger who told us because of the shutdown, the visitor center was closed, but we were free to enter the park.

MAKE NO MISTAKE: This is a crass political ploy by the current administration! It is not required under law or precedent, and is an absurd, obvious, blatant attempt to manipulate public opinion by going to extreme lengths to seal off the parks from any use by the people whatsoever. Detestable, and it is not the fault of Congress. It is the fault of Obama, and is deliberate! It is an outrage.

7. Anne

Add my husband and me to the uninsured as of January 1, 2014. We cannot afford the new premiums and deductibles. So, in essence...those who were able to work and pay for their own coverage, like us, will be the ones without coverage. We are not opposed to helping those in need and have freely done so in the past, as have millions of people. Forcing us to choose a roof over our heads or health insurance is wrong

8. GD Crawford

This is all about power and control. That's why Obama and the Democrats are fighting so hard for this. Imagine what they can do once they can "turn off" everyone's healthcare during the next shutdown until they get what they want.

9. Bob

Can't wait til the Feds start taxing organized religions.

10. stephenwv

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”
    My Lord, what is this if not tyranny? What is next? Are we about to see Homeland Security armored assault vehicles and swat teams arresting trespassers and throwing them in barb wired FEMA camps?