NO COMMUNION FOR YOU! Pelosi MUST be denied communion under the law Comments

CNS News is reporting via various sources that the Vatican is affirming that House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) must be denied communion under the law of the Catholic Church. The statement originated from Cardinal Raymond Burke, archbishop emeritus of St. Louis and Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. Continue Reading

1. Jaime Alfonso Quintero

Anything pertaining to catholic cannon law.

2. D.P.

Dear Elsa:
    You're forgetting the end of that story. Jesus then turned to the woman and said "Go and Sin No More." He did not say, continue living in this sinful and publicly egregious manner now that I've stopped everyone from stoning you. He did not say, "I'll turn a blind eye and love you anyway while you continue to commit adultery even though you know better."

He publicly recognized her as a sinner (as we all are) and told her to correct her ways and live a better life (something we all should strive for). "Sin no more". In much the same way, the church would be correcting Ms. Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi - SIN NO MORE!

3. Bob

Why is there Canon Law if the Church is going to be selective in enforcing it? If Pelosi wasn't so public about her unique "Catholicism" there would not be an issue here about her reception of the Sacrament that binds believers together in common belief. Being public about her disregard for the teachings of the Church while being public about her reception of a sacrament which is reserved for those who are in communion with the Body of Christ should make this a slam-dunk for church authority. The hesitancy to act on the part of the bishops has created a new (and needless) scandal. What's wrong with using authority when called for?

4. Hooter

Abortion has been a "Grave Sin" since the founding of the faith when first taught by the Holy Apostles and Nazarene's to the Gentiles returning to the Lord... One merely needs to read the "DIDACHE", This is not anything new, rather Christian Orthodoxy.

To "Elsa",
    This restriction on Pelosi, even if later a excommunication and Anathema are "NOT" punishments, rather they are given in the dire hope a sinner will reflect and return to the Lord. Pelosi is very much like Saul the Tarsus, as the Essenes of Qumran coined them "Seekers of Smooth Things". All should pray for Pelosi, like Saul of Tarsus example, she has a "Road to Damascus", "Come to Jesus" event. If a vile reprobate such as Paul can find redemption so can all of us including Pelosi. "Elsa" Gospel of Luke: Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” Our God is a God of Salvation. And the Cardinal is "Good" man, we are not to look a blind eye,, Jesus never shied away,

5. gerry

The question is, if she is not living according to her Catholic faith, why on Earth does this MATTER to her? ... she does not WANT to live her life according to Catholicism, but when it comes to Communion, she is suddenly devoted? She is delusional, imagining she's a "practicing Catholic." She's an embarrassment as a Catholic, and as a woman.

6. John Mainhart

In all fairness the church has never claimed that all its personnel were without sin. That is why we hold truth to be more important than what the leaders of ,our Church do from time to time. Nancy Pelosi is scandalizing many souls by standing four square behind the destruction of the most precious and vulnerable among us, our babies. Since she does this publically she should be held accountable in public, so souls can see how important that sin is, and the risk that Nancy faces should she continue along this path for her soul's sake. Pray for her.

7. zazyzakota

Wow.... And I thought only muslims were fanatics....!!!

8. Elsa

To the "good" Cardinal, and those who agree with him, Jesus said: "You who is without sin cast the first stone!"

9. Trinbagonian

I say let the Church weigh in on it. I will support.

My Confession: I too received Communion when I should not have. At that time, I was not sure that I could have but circumstances and confusion convinced me that I could. Eventually, God showed me that I shouldn't despite my belief in His Presence or my reverence or what someone else told me (especially when all the Hosts flew up in the air and landed on the floor and I had to bend down to pick Each one up:-().
    I eventually stopped until I made things right with Church. This was very hard. There was Jesus willing still to give Himself for me. But God had finally led me to a higher point of His Divine Truth. He also raised my soul too to a higher point where I willingly gave up communing with Him in the Eucharist so as to save me wounding Him. This was a precious time for me: I had reached a higher point of humility before and love for The Lord.

What I learnt about Communion: I truly believe God led me through this. He gently led me closer to Him. I saw how He gave me Himself willingly despite my sinfulness so that I may have Himself even when I was not worthy. And He gave me Truth in Its Fullness when I could handle It. He gave me Himself, Personal and Divine. I really experienced the Eucharist.
    I have faith that if He can do this for me, He can do it for anyone. There is a True Eucharistic Presence. Jesus is able to handle Mrs. Pelosi. Have faith!
    I think American Catholics should pray about it. Don't be judgmental waving a big stick in a harsh tone. Show love.

If Canon 915 is weighed in, let American Catholics be merciful, be trusting in Jesus, and hopeful. The devil is very deceptive; we know the confusion he stirs within hearts on these matters. Mrs. Pelosi will need Christians at that time. Don't be the cause of her downfall. Be there for her, to lead her gently to the Truth, please.

10. charlie

How wonderful to hear the church stand up to the very core of our faith which the world seems to have forgot that all life must be preserved even at conception.No matter what walk of life you take you must defend the children of God even if it cost you your job or Life.God is pleased that his church is finally standing firm to his laws