Texas Bill SB-1 Threatens to Make Casual Sex Harder to Come By Comments

SB-1 is the bill that seeks to ban abortions after 20 weeks and require abortion clinics to uphold medical standards of safety. It passed the Texas House and is now on to the Texas Senate. Enter Ben Sherman and his sexual panic. His admission proves what the Church has been saying for decades now, that abortion, contraception, and all this sexual "freedom" has turned more and more men into pigs and more and more women into objects to be used, ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Riani

Dear Ms. Hartline,
    I love your pieces but your idea that "men get turned into pigs and women into objects" is flawed. You make women into helpless victims (freed from responsibility) and men into demons (bare full responsibility). Women like AND want sex too! Of coarse they would like to do it without getting pregnant just like men! Have you ever talked to women about these issues? I agree with Church's teachings on abortion and contraception 200% but I do not think charging men with more of the responsibility is just or realistic. In most cases it is the woman that chooses to abort / contracept because she wants a career or not be seen as an incubator. It is female pride and the sooner we accept that the sooner we can address the real problem instead of constantly dumping more than the fair share of the responsibility on men. Yes, men are responsible too and I will not hold that back but you need to recognize that men DO NOT have a monopoly on evil.

2. Pádraig

I have never heard this argument before, but I'm not surprised. Most abortionists continue to argue their point based on the "health of the mother". However, they never make a mention of her post-abortion mental health, or even the fact that she runs the risk of very serious infection that could essentially end her ability to become pregnant in the future. These same abortionists also never make mention of the vast advances in medicine in the 40 years since Roe v. Wade because these advances render their arguments moot. And what of adoption? Nowhere in the USA is their a law mandating that a couple actually rear the child that they have created. Adoption is always an option, but the abortionists don't want to discuss that, either. I am reminded of a 23 year-old woman I was at university with 10 years ago. She was a very intelligent young woman who had a very bright future. She was in law school and aspired to become a judge someday. She became pregnant during her second semester in law school and decided to abort. I pleaded with her to let the child live, and allow my wife and me to adopt it, and even though we were both grad students, my wife and I would have done all we could, and we knew our parents would help us. My friend asked, "What kind of mother would I be if I gave away my baby?" I responded, "A loving mother who wants the very best for her baby." My pleading fell on deaf ears and she had the abortion in a state-licensed clinic that I imagine met the same sterility standards as our hospitals. Nevertheless, she contracted a severe infection that required a hysterectomy. Furthermore, she became addicted to drugs to kill the memory of what she had done. She ended up losing everything: her ability to have children, her happiness, her sanity, her education. People never hear about this side of abortion and the real effects that it has on women's health.

3. jane

Thank you God for all the little ones! Help us to love them as you loved us... I love you

4. Don

Praise the Lord that Texas is taking a stand to protect our children and women. Glory to God. Irma, we will keep you in our prayers. Satan is the father of lies!

5. Rose

Another great article. Men will not change their attitudes towards women until women stop accepting the poor treatment they receive and start demanding better. I was raised in the 50's and 60's. My father was the most honorable man I have ever known, as were most fathers during that era. Then came the pill, then came abortion, then came welfare payments but only if there was no father in the house. Women are treated poorly in this age because they "fought" for it, voted for it. Congratulations on the pathetic moral state that we have created for our children and grandchildren.

6. Tanya

Said as only Jennie Hartline can say it! This needs to be read everywhere.

7. George Ronald Adkisson

Doctors lost their empowerment to carry out correct and moral proceedures many years ago when everyone was placed in the follow of a coin. The Church can not possibly need a government anymore...when a doctor can not sit in the pews without a cloud over his head inviting him into the government's court as guilty until proven innocent...
    CIA doctors and psychaitrists are a real problem.
    Women need live in a totally different invironment...free from shaking their purses to see how much they are empowered...or worrying who's child is within them...and loose their own identity as raped from the lack of coins.
    The State of Texas has a very long way to go before everyone can recognize Texas recognizes God.Their first choice is a coin...rich or poor.

8. Irma

Your body your choice the unborn baby's body his/her LIFE

9. Irma

These evil people remind me of the cartel people who kill in cold blood.

10. Robert

A special thank you to the four ProLife democrats that voted for the Texas abortion restriction bill. It is great to see that they are not stuck on the platform of the democratic party.

I applaud you. My question is this, how can any leader of the Catholic faith faith be prochoice when the side they stand with(publicly or not) chants "hail Satan"? Sort of makes you wonder.

May God Bless Pope Francis and continue to give him courage.