Guest Opinion: R.I.P, Boy Scouts of America Comments

It's a sad day for both Scouting and for freedom. Indeed, it's a sad day for America. The century-old Boy Scouts of America (BSA) - created in 1910 to "prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes" - has betrayed its own constituency, mission, oath and law. Continue Reading

1. Victor Savritski

Think I can help many by proposing alternative - myself I am a leader in scouting Catholic Organization - www.fneexplorers.com. - this is such an easy solution and already available in major cities and Europe and nowadays in some cities in North America.

God Bless,
    Victor

2. rafaelmarie

Boycott the Boy Scouts until this perversion is removed from harming minor!

Mark my words, if this abomination is not banned in the Boy Scouts, they shall be chastised with billions of law suits in the future, for sex between minors and adults!

Don't believe me?

Just look what happened with the Catholic Church!

Those who fail to heed history are doomed to repeat it!

And sin is expensive!

3. Joe

This is a very sad day for all boy scouts. This is a disgrace and insult against all those who honor this nation. For those who may be interested, Canterbury Tales may be forming it's own boy scout organization..

4. Emma

I would no more give my young son permission to go on overnight camping trips in this situation than I would grant permission for a young teen daughter to share a tent with teenage boys. This situation opens a Pandora's Box for both straight and gay youth. Sad that the BSA who are supposed to mold young men have demonstrated to these young men that when the going gets tough, the "honorable " course is to yield to pressure. No sons from our home signing on. Just one more place where they can be indoctrinated into the prevailing political correctness, same as schools forcing young women to try a lesbian kiss! Could it be that they don't want their own list made public? Anywhere where youth gather seems to be a breeding ground for men to prey on children. In my area in the last 6 months, numerous instances (Northern Ca) : a Boy Scout Leader, pled guilty, a swimming coach, and a gay counselor who formed a group specifically to counsel gay youth guilty of sexually abusing numerous boys that he was "mentoring ". For crying out loud, keep your hands off of our children!! and, stop with the attempts at social engineer under the false claim of tolerance. I for one would be unable to practice tolerance towards anyone, anyone who put their filthy hands on my children!!

5. Edju

And conservatives wonder why nobody takes them seriously anymore.

6. J. Dickinson

Over the years I have supported the Boy Scouts, but as of today, my support, financial and otherwise, has ended. I will bypass any fundraising activities connected in any way with the Boy Scouts and save my financial support for a moral and honorable alternative that I hope will be established without delay. When the Girl Scouts re-invented themselves and connected themselves at the hip with planned parenthood, I stopped supporting them financially with no hesitation

Matt Barber is absolutely on the mark when he reminds us that homofascists have just begun to rework the Boy Scouts. Their agenda is quite clear, i.e., to effective destroy the Boy Scouts as a moral guidepost in a secular world. Homofascists are not interested in tolerance....and they intend to force acceptance. I flatly refuse to give any consideration to their in-your-face bullying.

7. John Mainhart

I recommend you keep the Catholic principle of Subsidiarity as one of the primary goals of your meeting so access to money does not become important to you.

8. Peter Maher

Surely Matt - you could have read the press release from the Scouts before going into print which clearly says:
    "The resolution also reinforces that Scouting is a youth program, and any sexual conduct, whether heterosexual or homosexual, by youth of Scouting age is contrary to the virtues of Scouting."
    We owe the Scouts at least honest reporting.
    Peter

9. Shannon O'Donnell

A 12 year old boy whether gay or straight is probably into Scouts to enjoy the adventure and learning....not to snuggle up to other boys. Pretty disappointed that this was printed and that the Catholic name was attached to it. I do not find it Christainlike to put predudice on children, especially at the age when they may not even be sure of their sexuality

10. robertburford

I have known so many good and not so good men who who have devoted their lives to Scouting. This is truly a sad day. It is no sin to have homosexual tendencies. It is a sin to be a practicing homosexual. My granddaughter and girl friend are practicing. It does not mean I love them less. It just means I pray for them more. What does this mean for Catholic Church based scouting. Do they change the name and use the moral directive of the old boy scouts.