Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus Comments

Hard to really capture in words, the act of kneeling and receiving the Eucharist on the tongue has deepened my  affection for Jesus and given me opportunity to pay Him homage in way that I'd previously been neglecting. Understandably the devoted are no longer required to kneel and for some people the position may be impossible, but for me there is no longer any other way. Not because I think myself a better Catholic (I am not), but because ... Continue Reading

1. Fabian
    8 months ago

Awesome Article! I will try to do this the next Sunday at Church. I love both Masses, Ordinary and Extraordinary rite of the Roman Missal

2. Lenny

Humbly thank you very much for the beautiful article.

Our Lady of the Roses - "My children, kneel before your God in the Eucharist. Do not stand like you stand in meeting halls, but kneel and give Him a just love and observance of honor."

3. Sam

I agree, the communion should be given in the mouth, not on the hands, like when I was a young boy, but the priests change everything. I am happy, to read all the comments, this means more people with Faith, because, Jesus is sad, very sad, with the world, with no Faith.
    Go Bless you all.
    Sam

4. Bob Rees

This was a great article and one that truly comforted and affected me. I remember with true happiness the old Mass, the one that I feel brought us closer to our Lord Jesus Christ and which was changed by 2 Popes, whom I consider to be less than holy. These 2 being John XXIII and Paul VI. It's been reported that both were communist sympathizers and by their ecumenism, really changed the Holy Mother Church in a wrong and sinful way. There's also the question of whether John XXIII was a freemason. Numerous articles support this supposition.

5. Tom Fey

I always receive the Eucharist kneeling & on the tongue. A person's body language tells all. Most Catholics don't believe in the REAL presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. If they did, they would not give the impression that they are in line at the hot dog stand at the ball park.

6. Cathy S

What a beautiful article. Thank you!
    Kneeling is, indeed, the most reverent and amazing way to receive Communion. I look forward to those Masses that I am able to attend where this is the norm, but I cannot always get to them as they are only held on weekday mornings in my area, during the Latin Mass.

I do, however, now receive on the tongue - always. Receiving in the hand never felt right to me, for the reasons others have mentioned, but I can receive on the tongue without inconveniencing those behind me, or calling attention to myself, and thereby insinuating - if only in the minds of those inclined to think along those lines - that I think myself a better Catholic than they (or whatever their thoughts might be).

Remember, the Church only gave permission for us to receive in the hand - it never said that it was preferred. In fact, the Church still considers receiving on the tongue to be the proper way to receive Holy Communion, whether kneeling or standing.

7. Julia

Barbara, I don't think you understand Greg's point.

I would also appreciate the return of kneeling at the altar rail.

8. Barbara

Yes i agree with Greg's comment. I can see some people these days kneeling and other things quite odd, It's like they are trying to make a point that they are different of others. that they are better christians more holy? you don't need to do that to be humble in front of Christ. what you show is that you don't care of others, that you just think of yourself. can you imagine if all receiving holy communion would kneel what would happen? it causes disturbances, distractions and sometimes when the priest is old may cause unnecesary stress.
    furthermore It's a lack of respect for the time of others. Not because we are in a hurry just becauuse you don't have the right to do things your own way altering the harmony of a celebration which should be peaceful and above all SPIRITUAL, concentrated in the glory of God and not in your own emotional needs.
    I think there's a trend these days in overdoing things or chatting in the church are things that do not come from God, but yes from ego, and evil.

9. Gabriella

Once we understand Who it truly is that we are receiving on our tongues, we cannot possibly touch it or receive it into our own hands, soiling it and leaving the particles there to be smudged, dropped, wiped into our clothing, etc.
    The priests must talk about the Holy Eucharist more often, explaining the transubstantiation.
    I often see communicants receiving the Holy Communion onto their hands, popping it into their mouths while walking away ... ! It is our duty, as Catholics, to study the sacraments and their significance.

10. abey

Pope Benedict presents the Eucharist directly to the mouth & not into the hands, its significance lies to the words "Not by the works of our hands, but by His Grace".