What a Mighty God We Serve! A New Catholic Rejoices in the Election of Pope Francis Comments

As I watched the waiting crowds in St. Peter's Square, a new realization flooded over me: This is where my citizenship lies!  I am a citizen of the Vatican; I am a Catholic citizen; and my nation is 1.2 billion people strong!  Suddenly, with that thought, a sense of real hope washed over me! Continue Reading

1. donna

How eloquent and pure are the observations offered by Nancy. Nancy's commentary is proof The Holy Spirit is touching her soul. I myself, am a lazy Catholic. I have been raised in our faith, been personally blessed with Christ's enumerable gifts, and given every opportunity to participate and rejoice in our faith. Unfortunately, I do not attend Mass or avail myself of the the Sacraments as I did when a child. As I write this I am praying to be renewed in spirit, and enable me just half the exhuberence Nancy is experiencing. Thank you Nancy, for encouraging me to embrace an active love for dear Pope Francis I, as well as the opportunity to re-awaken a diminished enthusiasm I thought was lost indefinitely!

2. Thomas

As a life long cathoic, your letter touch my heart. I want to thank God, the Hot Spirit for his work in the Conclave, and to the Cardinals, for listening to the Holy Spirit. This conclave tells me we have at least 77 cardinals who listen to the Lord. Thank you again Nancy, well done. I love that this was not a Curis appointment, but a man of the people.

3. Sheree

What a beautiful letter! Nancy said what I have been thinking for years: I am a Catholic first and foremost.....a child of God. It is wonderful as a cradle Catholic to see a new Catholic embrace the faith as she has. God bless!!!

4. JoAnn

Nancy and kathy: WELCOME HOME!! I will keep you in my prayers. God bless.

5. Barbara Logan

Thank you Nancy for speaking for me too. I converted to Catholicism from nothing as a thirteen year old, thanks to the wonderful sisters of Sancta Maria Convent in a small town in South Africa. After returning to 'nothing' for some years and then joining a small non-denominational church, in 2011 I too found my way home. God bless you. Barbara

6. che

what a beautiful letter Nancy wrote. I look forward to reading her testimony. she has definitely added to my understanding of how to view my relationship with Christ and the Church.

7. Terry Goodwin

Thank you for this article it touched me in many ways.

8. acp

Thank you so much Holy Spirit for giving us pope Francis I. Thanks to all the cardinals who elected our new pope...

9. Liz

Nancy I could not help but cry as I read you letter, you have stated and written what so many of us feel. Welcome home sister!

10. miguel

A letter of joy. Provided by the Holy Spirit, the Church in all Her majesty holds the Truth. I pray for our pope so he may listen to Her guidance in bringing our brothers and sisters into that Truth with the love Christ gives us.