Benedict the Builder Pope Resigns His Office. His Work Will Continue in a Restored Church and a New Missionary Age Comments

After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today's world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions ... Continue Reading

1. kathy

Deacon, believe me I am not afraid. I mean no disrespect to you or your article. I believe that Benedict XVI has been a huge blessing to the Catholic church. God bless him always, and thankful for he has done. I also believe that we need to prepare the church for these dark days, and feel, that our best defense is the Rosary. God bless you Deacon!

2. Stephen

I had already anticipated the usual anti-christ prophesy preachers' response to the Pope's resignation, so I am not surprised some have began saying that the next pope will be the one to reveal the anti-christ. Let all Catholics remain focused anf pray as usual just as the early church did in the Acts of Apostles to the Holy Spirit's direction and guidance in the election of a new chief shepherd for the Church of Christ. I know the Lord Jesus will not let His Church down. For the meantime, let us stop the issue of nationality and pray for the Lord's choice.

3. Sharon Benedict Hurst

I am offering up prayers for the soul of Pope Benedict XVI He is, indeed, a brave and courageous Child of God.

4. The Grey Piper

Extraordinary. The last papal resignation was under somewhat discouraging circumstances. And his remarks about his various "strengths" needed to be pope seem a bit ambiguous, and make me wonder if he has lost his faith.

5. Ugwu Linus

What a better way to demonstrate a deep faith in Christ and not on this ephemeral world. Indeed you are our papa in words and action. I dont know why am feeling somehow about this resignation,Jesus please protect your children and may the gate of hell never prevail against your church IJN,Amen

6. anne

At first I could not believe my ears when I heard the news this early morning. I even thought it was some kind of trick. Then i was enveloped with a deep mournful sadness that seemed to touch my very soul. I have a strong love, admiration and thankfulness to our Holy Father. Our Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he placed him in the seat of Peter. I see a man so filled with humility, gentleness and a love so strong for Christ and his people. Truly a gift to the world. He really led us closer to God. I don't know why but I have a strong feeling something big is up, something important is going to happen soon and I think we are going to be put to the test as not seen in a long time or ever before. Let us pray for Holy Mother Church . I believe satan will spare no effort in the coming weeks and beyond to attack and persecute the Body of Christ . Pray that we will persevere in faith.

7. nikorb

God bless Pope Benedict XVI!
    He has truly done good work.

8. Deacon Keith Fournier

To Kathy: I offer you the words with which Blessed John Paul began his pontificate, the very words the Angel proclaimed when greeting Our Lady, "Be Not Afraid". As my article indicates I completely disgree with you on the substance of your comment. In fact, I believe just the opposite. i believe we will see a great renewal of the Church as she embarks on a new missionary age. However, I appreciate your willingness to write as a faithful catholic. Have a Blessed Lent.

9. Adongo ARA Raymond Aduko

MAY ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS MY SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR.
    HIS HOLINESS HAS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE GOD'S UNIQUE MOUTH PIECE.
    SUCH A COURAGE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE TO THE WORLD AND NOT CATHOLIC ALONE.
    WE LOVE YOU, BENEDICT ALOYSIUS R Z
    MAY YOU BE GUIDED BY HIS MAJESTY, GOD ALMIGHTY NOW AND FOREVER.........AMEN
    PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR AFRICA AND GHANA

10. dennis

lets not get carried away with a black or latin type pope, which i have no qualms against but if anything, its time for a irish pope and even a american, none better than archbishop dolan , thank you