Homosexual group publishes the 'Queen James Bible' Comments

Don't like the Bible? Well, you could just create your own version. At least that's what a homosexual group has done. The world's first "gay friendly" Bible [book] has been published as the "Queen James Bible." Continue Reading

1. Vergerus

O tempora, o mores. What next? Will someone want to purge the Song of Songs of its oppressive heteronormativity? I'm almost tempted to cite Martin Luther's famous "Open Letter on Translating", but that might be a bit offensive considering the present context. Still a good read, though, if only for the pithy language. I hear his excommunication might yet be revoked.

2. abey

King James I was instrumental in banning witchcraft, the other side of Freemasonry having similar initiations, biblically called as "Craft" & such a person cannot have been a "Queer" but did have an enemy In Sir Francis Beacon of QE I fame, said to have been the Perpetrator of Modern Freemasonry, which became the Arch enemy of The Catholic Church until the day & hence is not surprising to see such publications in Queer names.

3. Nathaniel

Humans will be humans, while I'm in the process of becoming Catholic I still follow the basic law of life, live and let live. It is after all what the bible teaches, love your neighbor as you love yourself, do unto others as others would do unto you ect, ect. I don't judge people personally, we all have our faults and we all are imperfect, so I try to be a friend to all.
    We are imperfect creatures and we will always do what we feel is right even if the right thing, by Gods standards isn't right at all. The bible says that our hearts lie to us and what we see as right isn't at all right but a lie.
    So what if these people want to make their own bible, that hasn't stopped protestants from making theirs. They will see correction in the end, they will eventually learn that their ways aren't the right way, even if it's too late. The only thing we Catholics can do is point out the error of their ways, but in the end, the decision is still all up to them who they follow in the end.

4. Greg Haislip

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! My bride and I are celebrating my SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY! SEVEN YEARS ago Jesus set me FREE from the sin of homosexuality, HALLELUJAH!!! Today my wife is also pregnant and we are so thankful to Jesus for this wonderful miracle. JESUS IS LORD!!! (YouTube video) I used to be addicted to men, but 7 years ago Jesus set me FREE!

5. KarlVDH

...I'm still not sure why we, as Catholics, are overly concerned about a version of the Bible that's not authorized by ANY Church official, which was altered and changed at LEAST three times before what we now call the "King James" version came to be just so a corrupted British King could marryhis mistress illigitimately (who he later executed) and which was used to persecute the Church for several HUNDRED years being co-opted by gays. Seems to me that version was ALREADY changed to suit someone's sexual desires... why should they stop?

6. Jorge Gonzalez

Truth Teller,

The apostles were martyred for what they had eye witnessed and preached as truth. The bible is Holy Spirit inspired regardless of what you want to believe. Yes the bible uses allegories and other literal devices but it does not take away from the true lesson. Don't blind yourself and others behind irrational devices such as this new book. You know who the real spiritual force behind this revised book is don't you? He is laughing all the way to the soul bank with this one. I fear for the young ones looking for a reason to rationalize their behavior. You do have a big cross to bear and my heart hurts for you. May you find the joy and peace in your heart that only Christ can provide.

7. Truth teller

As we know, the bible as currently written in English is filled with interpretations and varying words and messages, many of which are contradictory, and mostly fictional. I was taught by my Catholic mother that we don't take literally the words of the Old Testament, or even most of the New Testament, just the four Gospels. As a gay man who no longer affiliates with any religion, I was grateful for that message as it probably saved my life. I sympathize with those LGBT people who are born into fundamentalist families who take the fictional work of the bible literally word for word. Of course, as we know those words have been re-interpreted and changed over and over again over the centuries. Every last word in the Bible was written by a fallible human being. It is not the word of God. Thus, it's okay that yet another "version" of the Bible now be published that takes into account yet another fallible human perspective on the text. In centuries past, when people didn't agree with previous revisions of the Bible, they would be killed, burned at the stake, their countries overrun with violence, etc. until those who didn't believe were simply no longer with us. Then poof, here's the new Word of God, believers said. I see no problem with someone revising the fictional book of the Bible today either. We should be glad the authors aren't as violent as the revisionists were back in the middle ages and earlier.

8. Jorge Gonzalez

Pope,
    God is not a politician that changes his mind to please his constituents. God does not change like the wind. It's not fun and games to blasphemy nor to lead other people astray. You know in your heart what God has written is true because He is truth. The author of lies is the devil. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea". Mark 9:42. May the Lord protect your heart and give you peace.

9. Katuta Katta

I am afraid for my children. I dont know what kind of world my grand children will group up in.
    Dear Lord, protect my children

10. karlVDH

The King James was a revision, then so was the 1611 version of the King James... they've removed whole books just so certain doctrines could be called into question in order to suit the politics surrounding their "reformation." All done to support an unholy marriage after a divorce that could not meet any standard for an annullment. Bottom line: the
    King James" version as we know it today was created to support unscriptural sexual proclivities.
    Now someone has "revised" their revision to suit THIER political motives.
    ...so?