Petition for Texas to secede from U.S. reaches 25,000 signatures; goes to White House Comments

An online petition for the state of Texas to secede form the United States has officially reached the 25,000 signatures to get an official response from the federal government within 30 days. The bold gesture - which has since been copied by several other states - will now go to the White House. However, an 1866 rule adopted after the Civil War literally dooms the measure to failure. Continue Reading

1. Keith

We need to fix our problems NOT flee from them! In this great time of need, our country needs us. The moral problems of the country exist in the states too. Your congressmen in DC are from your state! Return to Order!

We need a return to order and honor not cowardice. For a great take on this check out www.returntoorder.org and read a great article called "The Case Against Secession" very well put!

2. judy claar

Rob, I hope in my latter posts to Robert Burford, and reference in agreement to gfgrosek, helps you to understand what I was saying in my first post here. To further explain, I have told you before that I am an Independent. And, a Conservative one at that. I support a Republic as that is what this country was founded on. I believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. And therefore, I do believe in Capitalism, that made us once, a great nation. I say once , because as you know, and we have talked about, it is sad to see what was Good in our nation, decline. I am not saying that it is totally erased as yet. I am Not one of those persons who have a problem with change either...along as it is for the Better. And here is where one could certainly take offense to one stating:"...this continued hostility towards the president..."

I have stated who I am and what I believe. The "word, hostility" takes in a lot of ugly words.
    I am Not hostile regarding the president. But I do call an Ace an Ace. And I call it as I see it,
    especially trying to live a Catholic Faith.

Catholics believe deeply in helping the poor. So do I. And I do. I do not however, believe in a Nanny Nation. That is what Obama wants. So am I hostile towards him? No. I disagree with him on that issue, as well as Abortion etc. Disagreement is not hostility. Blessings...

3. judy claar

Rob, I stand behind what I said. However, let my clarity chime in agreement with gfgrosek.
    Blessings...

4. gfgrosek

When the majority of voters make a decision, the minority graciously accept the decision of the majority. That is how a democracy works.

5. Rob

Judy, in this instance however, I don't see supporters of Obama telling Texas to get out. Just more anti Obama nonsense. As Karl said, the election is over. Time to get to work. But this continued hostility towards the president will just enusre we have another four years like this one. Seems to me this attitude is akin to shooting ourselves in the head.

6. judy claar

Rob, This country has been a nation divided for a while now. This action is merely anger at those who voted for: "4 more years of Obama". The old saying, "A house divided against itself can't stand", holds true here...A nation divided against itself can not stand. Something has to be done for Unity. Church and State are already separated. What more does Obama want? Sunday Blessings...

7. Robert Ritchiei

3 reasons why secession won’t work

I can see why so many are upset after the elections. There is the sense that government is not responsive to our real needs and desires.

But there are 3 reasons why secession won’t work.

1. The first is because it will NOT resolve the problem.
    2. The second reason is the fact that a state is not a nation.
    3. The third reason is that most people do not identify with a state as they do with the nation.

Like it or not, we Americans identify with America because it is our native land with a common history and culture. We are proud to be American.

Secession is a superficial, knee-jerk, dead-end reaction that masks the real problem. The real solution is to identify and address the root cause and deeper solution to our problems, which is done by the author John Horvat II in his article A Case Against Secession at www.ReturnToOrder.org

8. Rob

Hey all you idiots that voted for Obama wanted "CHANGE". Here it is, stop bitching its your great opportunity to push Obama's plan up a couple of years, we will just divide our self.

9. abey

Screamed a newspaper "Obama reelected as President of the divided states of America". In the minds of its people it is clearly divided & this happens due to its untruths for where "Truth is to the unity untruths is to the disunity" like the Biblical Prophecy which states "He will divide the land for gain" which gain is to the political gain to the division engineered by his people through policies which are to the untruths like the Gay agendas unto sexual harlotry to spiritual corruptions feeding on "Sex" within & without.

10. KarlVDH

Oh, grow up; you people are a national punch-line. Texas isn't going anywhere, you're all still Americans, you will STILL be Americans come 2016, and you look like a bunch of spoiled children. None of us are happy. Now for God's sake, put on your big-boy pants, man up, and work for something BETTER in 2016 instead of playing the pathetic, powerless victim. What a bunch of babies.