'I dreamt of becoming a mother. Now I feel like a murderer' Comments

British mother Hilary Freeman was set to welcome her daughter Elodie into the world - until she learned her child would be disabled and might only live briefly if born. She made the decision to abort her child - and has found no solace ever since. Continue Reading

1. Magdalene

Oh my goodness! This mother would kill again! This is a false compassion. I do know parents with disabled children and they would not have traded these precious lives for anything in the world. You have been greatly deceived. You have not 'spared suffering' to your child but have committed murder indeed. And you must find forgiveness and healing in Christ for you soul is in danger. Don't laugh. It is so.

2. Meerkat

Hillary, with respect, which way did this article 'twist' things to suit what purpose?

Abortion is abortion is abortion. It is not a means to an end. It kills.

Every human has a right to life.

3. Michelle

This is so disgusting. Murdering people who aren't deemed "Perfect" and cloaking it in "Mercy" is an action that originated in the pit of Hell. YUCK!

4. Kim

A woman down the street from us, a devout Mormon, had the same situation. She didn't abort her child, and it did die within hours of being born. But the wonderful family pictures of her and her husband, and her two young boys holding their baby and brother in their arms, if even for a few hours, brought her great solace and it was a powerful witness to our family and to our community about how much joy there is in letting God be the author of Life, even if that joy sometimes comes with suffering that allows us to grow closer to God. I will always remember my neighbor's example...I do hope to forget Hilary's example, especially in light of her comment to this article.

5. Celia

@Alex - actually it does matter for this article. Hilary's baby had Trisomy 2 Mosaicism, not Down's Syndrome.

The first paragraph of the article is misleading - it's more clearly explained in the original article:

6. Hilary Freeman

I can't say I'm surprised you've picked up on my article and used it to promote your own message. Can I just say that if you'd read the article properly you'd know that I have found solace: the solace in knowing I did the right thing because I prevented the pain and suffering of an innocent child who had no chance of survival and who would have known only misery - if she had managed to survive until a very premature birth. And I would do the same thing a billion times again if I had to.
    Please do not hijack my words and twist them to serve your own purposes.

7. Stephanie

@Alex: The reason for the test was to determine if the child had Down Syndrome. But the test ended up mapping out all the chromosomes, so they found out about the Trisomy 2 Mosaicism. ;)

8. JeanCatherine

God Bless this couple and their child and future children. Im sorry this woman had to bear this pain. May the Lord love and protect this couple from an (A world that proposes these this is the right thing to do.) insane world gone mad.

9. Alex

Trisomy 2 Mosaicism is not Downs Syndrome. Downs Syndrome is Trisomy 21.... Doesn't really matter though for the sake of this article.

10. Ann Couper-Johnston

I believe that was also used to kill Maximillian Kolbe.

St Maximillian Kolbe, pray for that mother and for all those who are taken in by the great lie that is the abortion industry.