Memo shows Obama refused to increase security ahead of terror attacks Comments

There's more evidence today that the attack in Benghazi was a terrorist attack, of which the government had warning. According to diplomatic cables, officers in Benghazi asked the Obama administration for more security forces for months prior to the attacks and never received a response.  Continue Reading

1. Rob

JoAnn, it's pretty obvious that the administration screwed up in Benghazi, but a srew up is one thing, but the commentary as of late is almost trying to make it sound like it's Obama's fault for what the crazy people do in the middle east. Following this logic, it would be akin to saying that 9/11 was George Bush's fault because the intellegence was there and mishandled. Personally I think it goes way too far. And so does your comment regarding no hope for the US.

2. Rob

Good post JoAnn. I agree. I always liked what Father Corapi (still pray for the man) had to say on end times. I have no idea when the world will come to end, but my end is certain. My life has to be an advent, a preparation for that time when I meet God face to face. I think so long as we keep the end in mind and act accordingly, we'll be ok.

3. JoAnn

P.S. I meant that there is absolutely no hope for this country UNTIL JESUS COMES BACK. Regarding the upcoming election, "THE EVENT IS IN THE HAND OF GOD NOW." George Washington. God bless.

4. JoAnn

To CO Moderators: This topic (Benghazi) should be brought back to front and foremost unless it has been updated with a new heading. The updated news coming out about Benghazi is more devastating news for the Obama administration. If someone/people are not made to pay for this debachle, and Obama gets another 4 years, then there is absolutely no hope for this country. God bless.

5. JoAnn

Rob: I know. They are very much like evangelical fundamentalists teachings. Although, no matter what Evangelical denomination you hear, they all will give a different interprtation ((similar) but different. Some will say the "tribulation" will be before the "Rapture", some say, it will be after the "Rapture." The Catholic Church teaches that there is no "Rapture' (which is correct). Jesus is coming a second time, not a third time. He will come at the end of time only, to throw the anti-christ and the false prophet into the "Lake of Fire." My interpretations were mine and, as you can tell, is just another interpretation of many. The church's interpretation is the correct interpretation and is on a more spiritual level. Fundamentalist interpretations are more secular. After Daniel described what he saw, you know, the 4 beasts, the "Ram and the He goat" and the statue made of different metals, he asked God what it all meant because he didn't understand them either. God told Daniel: "Go thy way, Daniel, because the words are to kept secret and sealed until the end time. Many shall be refined, purified, and tested, but the wicked shall prove wicked; none of them shall have understanding, but the wise shall have it." Dan. 12:9-10. This will account for why over some in this country knew who Obama was from the get go and some in this country are following the evil path. The Bible is supposed to be our "manuel" to live a righteous life. I don't believe He gave us a manuel that would not be understandable at the right times in history. Yes, we have the Church to interpret and give us guidance but there are things written that the "wise" are going to be able to understand. I'm not saying I'm the "wise" but at my age, I do have more wisdom than some and secular meanings should be evident to some people. I'm not saying that my interpretaions are "written in concrete" and I'm the only one who is correct, because I'm not. It was just some of my thoughts and I wanted to share them for some thought provoking discussions, which I got with you and Judy, so far. I also have my own interpretaions of who the 7 headed beast is and who the woman with the crown of 12 stars and eagle's wings is. You probably have an idea about what they mean yourself. Of course, we always have the Church to go to if there are things that we don't understand. God bless.

6. JoAnn

Judy: I know what you mean. I'm the same way. I put things "where they will be safe" and then I can't find them later. It must be our ages. I'm sure you remember this, my mother used to always say, "There's a place for everything and everything in it's place." Remember? Gosh that seems like another lifetime. My Bible study meets Wednesday night. I posted it to you on another topic but I can't remember which one. We will be discussing Chapters 2 & 3. So, if you want, read those 2 chapters and maybe we can discuss them. It's about the letters to the 7 churches. The Bible study material is by Jeff Cavins. Have you heard of him?. I've moderated several of his studies. A couple of years ago, I moderated "The Bible Timeline." Jeff and Scott Hahn produced some Bible studies together. They were "Our Father's Plan," "The Lamb's Supper," and "Hail Holy Queen." I had the pleasure of moderating them also. They are all superb. The one on our Blessed Mother, "Hail Holy Queen" was beautiful. You can get the books "The Lamb's Supper" and "Hail Holy Queen" at any Catholic bookstore. They are by Scott Hahn. Both of them are excellent books. I think you would love them as much as I did. "The Lamb's Supper" will give you a whole new perspective on our beautiful Mass and you will learn so many wonderful things about our Blessed Mother. Scott co-relates "The Lamb's Supper" with the Book of Revelation. It's amazing. God bless.

7. JoAnn

Rob: Me too. God bless.

8. Rob

JoAnn, I merely commented because your comments sound more evangelical fundementalist than Catholic in regards to end times. Left Behind books and DaVince Code are a bunch of hooey, but entertaining none the less. As for books, I have a library that would make a catholic book store jealous. :)

9. Judy Claar

JoAnn: I do not read fiction either. Usually nothing to be gained by it unless they are folktales from whence fiction comes. And you are right, by the time we are in our twenties we should have outgrown them. But, this is a secular world. Each must walk his path his own way, making all the choices for oneself. I of course also did not read the books Rob alluded to. I thank God that my time is in serving and prayer. I seem to go in bouts w/reading, though I am always reading. Make sense? I put my St. Malachy book in such a good place to take w/me to visit our daughter, that I couldn't find it before I left! That tells you I should try to have to stop going hither and thither and get my house more orderly huh? Well, can you believe that in the midst of Everything I am? After Easter, I think it will calm down. Oh, what night does your Bible study meet? Blessings...

10. JoAnn

Rob: Just want to add that I've already been through the Church's teachings on Revelation. A good book to co-relate with Revelation is Scott Hahn's book "The Lamb's Supper." Also, the CCC is priceless regarding that topic. So I don't think I'll be "dismayed" at all. I wasn't predicting the end times, I was just making comments that were supposed to be thought provoking. Revelation is a timeless book. It was written for times during John's lifetime and also for times throughout history including the inevitable end times. It applies to everyday life. Think out of the box Rob, you'd be amazed at what life and history can open up to you. This is coming from an old lady that's sSTILL surprised with the endless voyage to knowledge. Broaden your horizons. Instead of reading novels and fiction, get into history, philosophy and most importantly books on our Faith. I stopped reading fiction in my 20's. God bless.