Warning to all Catholics: Prepare for Catholics for Obama Phone Calls! Comments

The Obama supporter then launched into her "canned response" and started reading from her call script: "Well, I am a practicing Catholic, and I strongly support President Obama." The mother then asked her if she was "familiar with the Pope's five "non-negotiable's."' The Obama supporter had no idea what she was talking about and explained that it was only the Pope's "opinion" to ban the use of contraception. Continue Reading

1. Judy Claar

Follow the Lamb, I dare say that most on this board are Followers of the Lamb. I certainly am. But I think that most Followers of the Lamb, will not hide in fear praying in the closet. Most will take their person prayerfully into the polling booth, praying before, after and during the process. Or, if mailing in their vote, prayerfully doing so. Christ did not hide or pray alone when the time came to meet the people or His enemies head on. Theresa H. guides your way, in case you are confused. It is very simple really. Go with the Lamb now, in prayer, and pray on what Theresa H. and I have said. Two words: Intrinsic evil/s. I know you are not for that. Prayerful Blessings.

2. Theresa H

I know several Catholics who say various negative things about Mitt Romney. (My aunt says: "He made people make a platform and then had them get up on it and fired all of them!" Has anyone heard this one?....). The ultimate reality is that we have two viable candidates running for President: President Obama and Mitt Romney. Our Bishops have affirmed and confirmed that abortion, contraception, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, and homosexual "marriage" are all "intrinsically evil" = always and everywhere wrong. Mitt Romney may not be the perfect candidate, but he is against these intrinsic evils. So other than Romney, WHO else is a viable candidate? If we vote for a third party candidate, instead of Romney--or if we don't vote at all, Obama will most likely win. Four more years of this man will be catastrophic for the Catholic Church and all Christians who hold marriage and human life sacred and It will bring about a huge "test" of the Faithful in the midst of a culture (people) that acts "as if God does not exist."

3. Rob

Judy, but as I took notes during the debate, I still find myself somewhat clueless as to what Romney is actually going to do. It all sounds great, but absolutely no detail. For example, his healthcare plan, very short commentary on the website but during the debate he says it would take to long to explain. And being a tax guy, his tax plan has all sorts of holes that make no sense. I have the good fortune to have access to some of the country's largest tax research services and they are scratching their heads wondering exactly what Romney is going to do. I know as the challenger you can pretty much say anything and not have to worry about an actual record to defend, but I know my patience for someone who wants to experiment has run it's course. He made a lot of bold promises at the debate that I have yet to hear how he intends to fulfill them.

In short, great debate performance, but I'm not voting for the debater in chief.

4. FOLLOW THE LAMB

I'm neither a supporter of the donkey or the elephant; they're both one and the same. One is left wing and one is right but we need to remember that those wings are attached to one big stupid bird. And so, my vote is on the Lamb this November. No polling boots or lines for my signature. Just me in my closet with HIS WORD. Vote the LAMB 2012!

5. Judy Claar

Rob. I am both sorry and proud and thankful for your dad. I know that a lot of old war vets have certain opinions, (like my deceased dad). Especially when they get up there in age. Mine sure did.

Romney sure put everything out on the table at the Debates last night. I hope you were watching. It was good to see and hear him correct Obama. "That's not what I said, I said.......".
    It was great! Their was Obama, on live TV, twisting Romney's words, (lying if you will), and then trying to put forth his agenda which was no agenda at all. To actually See that was absolutely amazing! And for Obama to do that on TV in front of ? people was incredible!
    Obama had to lose some votes!

Not to mention, Romney spoke of upholding Our Constitution, The Right To Life, Religious Freedom, etc.! Obama Never even chose to comment on those topics. Why? We Know why.
    Obama supports NONE of them!

In my opinion, in my reasoning, Catholics are now unfettered to vote the R/R ticket. To me, if they still persist in voting Obama, they do so for selfish reasons...motives that they do or do not want to admit to. (IF one has a Psychological problem or the like, that of course is a different story). Blessings...

6. Rob

Very good points Red. Personally for me the decision has come down to the crazy I know or the guy who looks good on the outside but will say absolutely nothing about what he's really going to do. Sure, trust me to to revamp the tax code for you, but I don't trust you enough to look at my taxes. My dad who is we all refer to as "old school conservative" shocked the heck out of us recently. He's a 100% disabled vietnam vet who was shot several times during the war. Because of his disability, he just isn't able to work anymore. But when Romeny gave that little talk about those dependent on the government as being victims, my dad said he was voting for Obama. My dad said he could get over the fact that Romney hid out in france while everyone fought for their country as that is what all the rich and entitled did....wouldn't hold it against him. But I don't think I've ever seen my dad hurt so much by what a politician has said.

Sad state that's the best the GOP could do....Obamalite.

7. Mark

Okay, first off this is not a made up piece, these calls are being made and they are following the script as stated. Second, those of you who support president Obama have that right but these calls are beneath contempt and you should work to have them stopped. Third, if you get one of these calls, right now they seem to center on Ohio but they might easily spread out in the weeks to come, the way to deal with them is not to hang up or debate the person. The way to deal with them is appear interested. Eat up their time and get them to read their whole script, even as to hear some things a second time. Once you have eaten up as much of their time as you can THEN you can go off on them or hang up or whatever you like. Hanging up as soon as they call just frees them to call someone else is nothing more than a favor. Stall, tie them up, waste their time. That's how you beat these clowns, spread the word.

8. E B

I am a Mormon. I appreciate this Catholic mother realizing that Romney stands with her and Obama does not. There is a lot of anti-Romney talk out there, and most of it stems from his candidacy as a Republican rather than a Democrat. The press aggrandizes any of his 'failures' or 'gaffes' while ignoring all of Obama's broken promises and failures while in office!

The press doesn't cover a lot of things. They fail to report that independents are swinging to Romney. They reference polls weighted unrealistically towards Democrats - above even 2008 levels. And how many anti-Obama headlines have you seen compared to anti-Romney ones? It doesn't say as much about the two men as it does about the bias of those who write about them. Why didn't the media report Al Qaida's involvement in Libya when the information was available withint 24 hours (and reported by conservative media at that time)? Why do they focus on a 47%remark taken ridiculously out of context? It smells of desperation to me. If the GOP and Romney were really as bad as they make out then they wouldn't be a threat, now would they?

Read both sides for balanced coverage because it doesn't exist in one place and both sides leave stuff out. How can you make an informed opinion on any topic(political or religious or whatever else) if you consider only one point of view? You can't. Thanks for listening.

www.conservativemormonmom.blogspot.com

9. Judy Claar

Norton Nork: So, what if it is a fabrication? Which I doubt very much. But even if it is, or partially is, to your Obama mind set, Look at it, and See it as a teaching and warning tool for those of us who are practicing Catholics. Who want to be knowledgeable before voting our Catholic vote.

There is too much false information from the Obama camp, because that is all they/he give. Cover up and lies. Latest case in point: Libya. Your pick, has blood on his hands. If people did not die, the news casts would be funny...WH giving the US people deceitful information at first, then finding out, Obama had known about this days before and did Not see fit to increase security. The play backs of the tapes are all over. Your leader is NO leader. He has blood on his hands whether he does something or visits celebs. It is a crying Shame. I could go on, but the list is too long.

This article Awakens Catholics who have missed what Obama has been doing and saying. And I personally, can attest that everything said in this article is True. So what is your beef?

10. Jim

I am a Catholic and a past Grand Knight in the Knights of Columbus. You have written an excellent article. However, my first thought just reading the title "How Can You Support a "Mormon" suggests that you are questioning how can anyone vote for Mitt Romney.

I think changing the title would be a positive and would encourage more to read the article.