The New Evangelization and Its Connection to Voting In November: Strive To Heal, Elevate and Perfect Our Culture Comments

Authentic participation in the New Evangelization requires one's proper exercise of the right and duty to vote. But that cannot occur in the absence of careful, reasoned and informed moral discernment; nor can it occur if the hierarchy of evils is ignored when voting. The most relevant question is this: when I stand before Jesus Christ, will I be able to justify my voting choices, or will whatever I say merely be an attempt to rationalize ... Continue Reading

1. mgm.

Vance' If the EPA and OCHA made jobs go away why then did the Republicans when they control the government on and off over the last 40 years make those departments go away and save millions of industrial jobs and gain the vote of the workers of the saved jobs? Let me see radical unions made jobs go away ,if the job goes away why should a person need a union ?the union loses membership , that no longer pay dues,dues that the unions can use to push their radical left-wing agenda .and active membership the Boss can tell who to vote for.

2. vance

mgm, no, Obama hasn't been around for the last 40 years but the EPA, OCHA and radical left-wing Unions were. These are what shut down our manufacturing and sent them over seas.

3. mgm.

Janusz.The factories have been going away the last 40 years of my working life,I can drive around my home town and see the empty lots that plants sat on that I once worked at.I was lucky to go from one decent paying job to the next as plants shut down I don't think President Obama been in office for 40 years.

4. Mathew Thankachen O.Praem

F.K. Bartel's article on .New Evangelization' in the context of the November election is " integral, holistic" to heal, elevate and perfect our culture. The spirituality and values we live is the culture we produce. To that extent, man cannot isolate spirituality from socio-political life. In this sense, the separation of Religion and Politics, "give to God what belongs to God and to Caesar what belongs to Caesar" becomes pragmatically hard for the laity unlike the hierarchical Church. The Church exists in and for the world. our moral integrity is the foundation upon which a new form of culture ( Sub- structure) is built up for the posterity to grow in a viable culture of life, for Jesus said, " I have come that you may have life and life abundantly" and " your happiness may be complete". As a matter of fact, every decision one takes and every relation we build up with neighbor and nature around, with God and one another is going to have an impact on the yet unborn. However, the unbridled " Liberty" of the Democrat is as dangerous as the " anchored conservatism" of the theocrats or Republicans. Hence, the stand of Church, in my opinion should be to" stand for Truth ( Jesus said,"I Am the Truth..") not for Parties".
    Mathew Thankachen O.Praem

5. techwreck

mgm, it is fascination to hear some one who believes that they can get God to think their way when they are at "the pearly gates". mgm must be quite a talker to believe that he/she can convince God that the Ten Commandments and the New Testament were wrong. Lots of luck in your conversation with your Creator!

6. vance

As a Pro-Life activist, I find myself and the Pro-Life movement on "The Outside of the Church". Archbishop Chaput is one of a "Handful" of Bishops who is a heroic leader of our church. The problem is that the vast majority of Bishops and priests are Liberals who are in the Back pocket of the Democrat Party. America will not convert until the vast majority of the Bishops and priests convert.

7. Janusz

I find mgm's comments absolutely fascinating...That is why Roe vs. Wade has yet to be overturned!
    Let's re-elect President Obama and we will not have to worry about unions going away, because the factories will go away.....

8. mgm.

Yeah maybe the party the Bishops want me the vote for might make abortion go away they never did in the last 40 years but me thinks not ! I know they will if in power do what they can to make labor unions go away work safety rules in your plant unionize or not ,child labor laws too and lets not forget that same party's out right attempt to disfranchise voters that they believe will vote for President Obama with their all of a sudden concern for voter fraud ( yeah I know the argument against abortion too unless you are born you've never had the chance to work in a unsafe mine or foundry and experience explosions) .I think it's funny that that same party that says President Obama is following ideals out of " Old Europe" has no problems with us following the Bishops men that represent the oldest institution of "Old Europe" ( in fact older then the nations of Europe)the Catholic Church and vote President Obama out and the Republicans in! When I'am dead and stand before God I will have no problem explaining my voting ,I voted for the party the I believe would do the most good for the unborn and the living and that's not Republican .P.S.does anybody seriously think God will judge your life on how you voted ,Christ when on Earth never said what Roman political fraction to support or be against .

9. Kasoy

Aside from voting with true discernment (with a well-formed conscience), there is another more important task for Catholics: to raise morally upright children and grand children so we can assure that immoral leaders will never be elected to office in future elections and we will have more good Catholic politicians and public servants who truly live out Catholic moral values.

10. abey

The only hope for America would be to treat this election on "Moral basis".