Joe Biden and Paul Ryan, Two Catholic Vice Presidential Candidates and One is Being Faithful Comments

One cannot be a faithful Catholic and deny the Right to Life for our first neighbors in their mother's womb. Nor can one be a faithful Catholic and fail to defend true marriage and the family and society founded upon it. Given our numbers, U.S. Catholics can determine the outcome of this election. Continue Reading

1. Amanda

I am a converted Catholic. I was raised in a Protestant church, but I chose to become Catholic. This is not just about Catholics. This is about Christians. If you are a true Christian, there is never a seperation of anything that goes on in this world and Christ. He is everywhere. If you are a true Christian, you cannot give your support to someone who condones murder. If you are a true Christian, you cannot give your support to someone who spits on the sacrement of marriage! Here's what I know, God will make a way. God is in charge of everything. You may want to seperate the Church from the state, but man cannot control God. It saddens my heart that so many of you have blind eyes. God help us all, and may He have mercy on us all. Peace be with all of you.

2. frankie

@ michal brooks, Ryan is pro less government which is better for big businesses, if we hurt big companies with taxes they will leave the US causing us to loose more jobs. even though you think that welfare is the answer to help the poor its not, community service and strong companies that employ a ton of people is.

3. Artemio E Pascual

I'm from the Philippines and we've had many Roman Catholic presidents. The Roman Catholic Church could never dictate to them. Many of their political actions and decisions fell short of true Christian ideals. Why do I say so? Simply because greed for money and power abounded during their terms. What about our current president? He says he is Catholic but he supports the use of condoms (RH bill) which should be bought using taxpayers money.
    There is no Catholic vote.The electorate are more than 90% and yet we can't get the true Christian candidates to win. I read the comments to these article by supposedly Catholic Americans and I'm very disheartened. They talk of separation of Church and State but they don't realize that there are issues like abortion, marriage where one cannot separate the body from the soul such that the Church has to speak up!

4. Joe

Mark

Uhmmm, you were asleep in history class, Inquisition, Crusades, Thirty Year War, Iran, yep the church took control of government!

And we need more of that???

5. Gerald Grosek

One cannot be a faithful Catholic and pro war. One cannot be a faithful Catholic and pro death penalty. Neither political party is worthy of the Catholic vote. The Catholic Church lowers itself when it jumps into the political arena. Christ changed the world by spreading the Good News of God's Kingdom. Let us change people's hearts, not man's laws.

6. Mark

Will,
    You should pay more attention at Sunday Mass. The ministries of the church help those who need it. It regulates the help people get. How do you think we functioned before entitlements. The church regulated. Then those that did not go to church asked the government for help. That is why we are taxed so much. Now what about rich people? It they (like you need to) paid more attention at mass, they would take care of those in need. The church would see to it that a person on welfare did not spent the money on "Intoxicants" or purchase a 4th big screen TV. Our country is in this situation because more and more individuals are subscribing to a secular lifestyle. Attempting to quench their thirst with other than the living water of Christ. I wish the church would take more political control of the country. We need it!!!

7. Will

The Catholic church should do what it does best. Say Mass on Sunday and holidays and administer the other sacrament. Please stay out of politics or risk loosing your tax emempt status.
    Obama is the man we need as President right now so as to finish his plan of change. No one can correct the evil of the Bush years but Obama.
    If the majority of Catholics withdrew its support for the church due to the fact that the majority see nothing wrong with abortions the church would fold.

8. Judy Claar

Psmith: Are you kidding me? Read Both Bill Sr.'s posts.

And WWJD? I know that Jesus would most certainly not support a Party of Death! The question that you posed was pretty much of a no brainer. Moses of the OT and the Ten Commandments would not even support their party!

Any True practicing Catholic could not possibly support Obama/Biden. Both are of a Godless Party, as demonstrated by the DNC. Both are advocating slaves for the Culture of Death, proving to me, that they neither Respect Moses or Jesus. If one respects neither of these persons, how can I or any other True practicing Catholic vote for them?

What can I say or do about a herd that follows such persons?

Nothing. Nothing but pray. And so I do. Blessings my friend..

9. Michael Brooks

The Church must teach that the poor and the Middle Class cannot carry the heavy burden of taxes while the Millionaires and Billionaires are getting hudge tax breaks. Paul Ryan cannot be considered a real Catholic with his "Ryan's Budget" plan. Paul Ryan is for the Rich, not the Poor.

10. John

JFK stated: I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute--where no Catholic prelate would tell the President (should he be Catholic) how to act, and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote--where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference--and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the President who might appoint him or the people who might elect him.

I believe in an America that is officially neither Catholic, Protestant nor Jewish--where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source--where no religious body seeks to impose its will directly or indirectly upon the general populace or the public acts of its officials--and where religious liberty is so indivisible that an act against one church is treated as an act against all.

For while this year it may be a Catholic against whom the finger of suspicion is pointed, in other years it has been, and may someday be again, a Jew--or a Quaker--or a Unitarian--or a Baptist. It was Virginia's harassment of Baptist preachers, for example, that helped lead to Jefferson's statute of religious freedom. Today I may be the victim--but tomorrow it may be you--until the whole fabric of our harmonious society is ripped at a time of great national peril.