Corrupted Women Take the Stage at the DNC: Abortion is Not a Woman's Prize Comments

The Democratic National Convention is featuring their favorite female "stars" this week.  They will be used to highlight this administration's "commitment to women's rights and health."  They will stand front and center as advocates of the only man who really understands them or cares about their needs. They'll be hailed by the media as the true American woman. I can't tiptoe around the truth.  I say with as much kindness as ... Continue Reading

1. Diego Gutierrez

Articles like this one keep pushing young Catholics out of the church. I'm afraid the Church will have no future (let's admit it, it's already dying off). I will be applying to Georgetown Law School pretty soon (A Catholic University), but I'm so disappointed in the Catholic Church and how obstructionist, close minded, partisan, and anti-women it has become. They persecute nuns that teach people to have open minds and open hearts and still continue to fight Jesuits, the intellectuals of the church. I grew up in an Opus Dei Catholic household and even went to private schools ran by them (Liceo Del Valle in Guadalajara Mexico). This is not the Catholic Church I grew up in. It's looking more like a radical wing of the Born Again Evangelical church. By the way I know my comment will probably not get approved because this website consistently censors critical thinkers but still thought I give it a shot. Either way I will probably no longer visit this website. It only makes me sad and continues to disappoint me.

2. jh

Congratulations, Ms. Hartline. Your clarity of thought and expression is commendable. Your assessment is accurate.

3. Susy

Excellent, passionate, and so true! God bless you for putting this moral outrage shared by many of us women into words. Totally agree.

4. David Carlon

Divinely inspired? Powerful.

5. M. Gietl

Thank God that someone has the guts to say it like it is.

6. Jim

Great article as usual Jennifer however I think your beginning words exemplify why men are growing disinterested in defending the family structure. I am not saying this with scathing criticism but you completely neglect and cut men out of the pregnancy process. You declare it "a woman's thing" so what is in it for a man? Women would not get pregnant in the first place if it wasn't for a man. If you really feel pregnancy is a gift how about a simple thank you to the man who bestowed that gift upon you? Yes, God gave women the ability to birth children but he did not exclude men from the process. Pregnancy is more than just carrying a baby to term. That is an important process but the role of the father is not to be underestimated. More recent studies have suggested that a father plays a mysteriously important role in development of a childs self-esteem. It is commonly known children with absentee fathers suffer greatly. Does a husband not also provide emotional support during the pregnancy? Believe me, a simple "thank you husband for standing by me" could go a long way in this battle. Perhaps it would make men feel more connected to the family. While I understand woman want to be honored for their suffering, you cannot discuss this topic and neglect a mans contribution. If we want to be victorious in this battle we must unite together as one flesh and not as individual "men" and "women." Our flesh is one and our issues are each others issues.

Remember, Joseph risked his life for Mary and Jesus. He could have abandoned Mary as was common for women pregnant with a child not of her husbands in those days but he didn't. Although the Bible didn't mention it, I'm sure Joseph was the butt of many jokes though he endured. Even till this day if a mans wife gets pregnant and its not his that is some serious torment on a guy. I don't know that I would have the strength to endure as Joseph did so I think Joseph's sacrifice is worthy of praise too.

7. jbd749

Amazing article. I posted it on my fb page and was immediately attacked by someone saying the post was "off-base" and "utterly offensive." Amazing how people who are "pro-choice" don't find killing babies offensive, but talking about it is.

8. Marie

Your article sounds good. You told it nicely how it is. At least the Republicans will stand up for llfe and religious freedom and hopefully, get the right sore spot for the poor, social secutity, and the Medicare before Obamacare.

9. Nan Socie

Good article.I wished more women will realized the precious gifts they have to bear life. I am not sure how to make them see it that way. Is this God's plan?,

10. Diane

Well, I see the Witch Doctor in Chief, Obama has all his witch priestesses lined up and active. These people are a little worse than just corrupt. They are the occult in action, drumming away for more infant sacrifice. The priest and priestesses of Baal had nothing on them. They're doing the devils work for him. Blessed Mother, please crush his head and send his blind followers running. Protect your people, especially the little ones whom these wicked people want to kill. Neither men NOR women are God. No one has the right to kill over their own body nor the bodies of others except God alone. The child is not the enemy. The enemy is the one who wants to kill the child.