Corrupted Women Take the Stage at the DNC: Abortion is Not a Woman's Prize Comments

The Democratic National Convention is featuring their favorite female "stars" this week.  They will be used to highlight this administration's "commitment to women's rights and health."  They will stand front and center as advocates of the only man who really understands them or cares about their needs. They'll be hailed by the media as the true American woman. I can't tiptoe around the truth.  I say with as much kindness as ... Continue Reading

1. Ann

Thank you Jennifer for such a well written and moving article. Your passion is palpable, and I agree with every- single- word.

2. Jennifer Hartline

Jim, Respectfully, you have misunderstood what I've said, and unfortunately you've inserted meaning into my words that I certainly did not put there. I'm not trivializing a man's contribution to procreation or childrearing. Again, I am saying abortion corrupts a woman in a way it cannot corrupt a man! The man does not carry the child in the womb as part of his own flesh, so he cannot be harmed by the violence of abortion in quite the same manner or to the same degree that a woman will be. A man's nature is different from a woman's. (A radical idea in today's society, I realize, but true nonetheless.) Abortion does violence to a woman's God-designed life-giving nature; therefore, it does violence to HER and corrupts the nature God gave her. Because Eve is the mother of all the living, corrupting Eve through sin was paramount to enslaving the entire human race in sin. The message of my article is not about the contribution of men to procreation, or whether they should have a say in the abortion of their child. If you have read anything else I have ever written, you will know that I am a LOUD cheerleader for the natural, protective instincts of men, and for gallantry and the necessity of good father and husbands. There is NOTHING trivial about the part men play in the family. On the contrary, families are falling apart because too many "men" have not fulfilled their obligations. I have also written, many times, that modern "feminism" has a large chunk of the blame for this! We have effectively castrated men and told them to sit down, shut up, and stay out of it. "My body, my choice" and all that nonsense. What's a good guy to do? Yet that particular conversation was not the point of THIS article. I hope you can understand the specific focus of this article, and not read anything into the fact that I didn't discuss the contribution of men. Give me a little more credit. Whatever Sandra Fluke's battle cry is, I assure you it ain't mine.

3. Bill Sr.

Jennifer,
    Thank you for speaking for us.
    God bless you for your gallant efforts to awaken Americans to the horrors being perpetuated against women. Please see my comments on the companion article The Aggressive Campaign for the Social Control of Women on this site. I am with you on all accounts and it seems that the corruption has become so much a part of our current culture even some practicing Catholics do not get it yet.
    The sexual revolution starting in the fifties was a signal for the abortion activist to begin their war on women and change our concept of the nature of the female species. Wasting little time, the liberals in the press began filling the pages of our daily papers with sex advice columns which often include explicit details which young minds could use to experience the new found freedom to use sex as a recreational pastime. I remember how they compared syphilis to a common cold because treatment was so available and that swallowing semen was not a problem because it was basically protein. Where was the outrage then? One woman having a baby in the hospital was asked for the absent father's name and she said it is hard to tell which thorn stuck you when you fall into a rose bush. Is there any wonder what has happened to us after sixty years of this? Young women simply became willing depositories for the sexual passions of the many unnamed or unknown fathers on birth certificates. Have we ever seen one where the woman could remain anonymous, JIM? Eventually pregnancy became something like a sports injury which temporarily sidelined your participation in the revolution. Stop the madness, of course not; the purveyors of perversion had to come to the aid with birth control and legal abortion. And they had all the media assistance they needed. Roe vs Wade with a single vote became a Hiroshima cloud of corruption over our land lifting all the reasonable and normal responsibility of casual sex off the shoulders of both partners in the crime of capitulation to depravity.
    As you have so vividly portrayed and I also noted in the aforementioned comments elsewhere, Satan wisely attacks humanity at its heart because when it is corrupted mankind usually finishes his work themselves.
    God Bless

4. vance

'Corrupt Women Take The Stage', What else would we expect from the Party of Death and Deceit?? This is the Party that says "NO" 3 times to God. I watched with amazement when LA City Mayor asked the ugly mob for a voice vote to "Re-insert" God back into the Platform. This was a "Telling Moment" about who and what they Party of Death and Deceit is. The Party re-inserted God into the Platform for publicity reasons. The Party of Death and Deceit demonstrated in front of the nation that their Fanatic Hate toward God runs as deep as their stupidity. After Mayor Villareggosa received the "NO" Vote on the first attempt to get a "YES" Vote, he said without saying it, "Come on idiots, give a yes vote for publicity sakes". But they were to stupid to understand. He took 3 voice votes but still the rabid anti-Christ refused to give him a phony yes vote. Liberals have no trouble lying through their teeth BUT this was that moment of truth.

5. Alex

This will not go away until we, and/or God, entirely dismantles feminism!

6. Paul-Emile Leray

Ms. Hartline, thank you. I would like to write a few comments in support of your article. Abortion, euthanasia, war, slavery; it is all part of a culture of death. Americans are people. People are humans. How, then, can politicians and law makers claim to be pro-American and working for the good of Americans when wars and abortions kill Americans as well? Next, on the subject of the economy. It takes people to contribute to, build, consume, and be part of an economy. It they are killed, where is the future? Wars are senseless bloodbaths, in the words of Pope Benedict XVI. So are abortions. Also, as a male I feel insulted. Allow me, please, to expound. My intuition tells me perhaps many other males might feel the same. In the words of an American female friend of mine, living in Asia years ago, "feminism has worked so well that in the process we have paralyzed our men". Is there not some truth to this? Many good men likely hesitate to move forward with a relationship because they do not trust in the inherent goodness of so many so called modern women. Let me explain. There is allegedly a Chinese proverb that states a good wife is worth more than all the pearls in the world. I am not saying a woman needs to be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen; at the risk of being misinterpreted by some loonies out there. I realize I might be perceived as a dinosaur reminiscing about the stone age, might get ostracized, laughed at, ridiculed, for what I am writing. So be it. I like solitude anyhow. While we men might not be saints, the fact of the matter is that there are still some men out there who at least try with some degree of sincerity of intent to live a somewhat serious life. On some level, women have enormous power and control by virtue of their femininity. Yes, more similarities exist between men and women by virtue of being human. However, men can not become pregnant. (at least not the last time I looked out the window) If the standards of women, as a collective societal whole, in any given culture, are low; then we poor men, already too dimwitted as we might be in the eyes of many, how are we to be assisted towards greater responsibility by women? In other words, women can not control us. Men can not control women. Everyone has God given free will. We can, though, influence one another in the sense of assisting towards either greater responsibility or towards the lowering of standards. In other words, beautiful women, don't assist us towards becoming even more irresponsible. And on the subject of wars? Drop the idolizing of wars. My grandfather was a WWI hero, fighting for the allies after having temporarily left Canada to return to fight for France. He, as with many others, rarely spoke of that vicious war. Do your political leaders place their families, wives, husbands, children, on the front lines as they claim to fight all these wars to end all wars? How many times have we heard that slogan? When will the collective consciousness of humanity rise to a level whereby we can see self evident truths and spend time and energy on ends and means leading to true lasting peace, love, charity; so that our future generations don't think we were a pile of senseless animals as they read the history books in a few decades from now? Well, Ms. Hartline, it seems as if your article has added a little fuel to the fire inside my belly. For this, I thank you. Keep writing!
    Paul-Emile Leray

7. KarlVDH

Talk about "cafeteria Catholics..." how about, "Judge not, lest YE be judged," and "By what measure ye mete, so shall ye be judged?"
    Are you kidding? "Corrupted women?"
    Where, exactly are Jesus or compassion for sinners in this headline?
    Some of you people would have been angry when Jesus halted the stoning of the adulterous woman... and YOU are therefore in just as serious a condition.

8. Jorge Gonzalez

Even if I believed in abortion and contraception, I would let congress know that if people want to sleep around, tell them to pay their own way. It sounds as ridiculous as asking for drinking or vacation money. I want medicare to help me with health care in my old age, not help people live immoral and over indulgent lives.
    As a side note my wife and I were catechists and our 9th graders favorite programs were "Divorced Housewives" and "Sex in the City". We as a society and as parents need to clean up our act at home. As baptism preparation catechists we stress cleansing our homes to set a good example and to protect our children. We cannot send mixed signals to our children teaching abstinence and viewing and allowing them to watch such programs.

9. Jim

@Jennifer:
    You say "Satan went after the strongest link in the chain of all of humankind -- Eve -- the mother of all the living. God had given her something He did not give Adam on his own. Only with Eve did He share His glorious ability to create and birth new life. The strength of the human race lies with those who are the life-givers; therefore, the best way to unleash continuous destruction and evil upon the human race is to corrupt the life-givers. Eve's downfall meant that the poisonous seed was planted permanently in the soil from which every other human soul would come. "

This paragraph gives men no credit for their role in procreation and effectively trivializes any contribution we do make. Eve cannot create and birth new life alone either! Men may not be life-givers by birthing but we give life in other equally important ways. I understand you are speaking against the "corrupt women" but you are making the same mistake of trivializing a man's contribution. They say men should not have a say in the abortion process and you imply men have a trivial role in the process. While your conclusion may be different from Fluke incorporated, your battle cry is very similar.

If you appealed to men and said "hey these women don't care about you but we appreciate being co-partners in creation with you so join us" I think that would jar any mans thought process on this subject. Women could very easily win men over on this issue if you appeal to a man's humanity because we have natural instincts to serve and protect women / children. Use this properly and it is a great ally. If you won over most men, these corrupt women would amount to little more than hot air. At the Aurora Theater shooting 3 guys died shielding their girlfriends (not even wives) with their bodies from bullets. More rich men died on the Titanic than poor women. It would be nice is men were given at least a little more credit for our role in procreation (something joyful) instead of just when we're dying for women. Just saying....

10. Diane F

Having had two abortions as a young woman with my first husband, i believe these affected me on a deeper level than he experienced. I was on the table in tears, my soul was damaged to the point of death. The subsequent years brought a hardened outlook to my two beautiful daughters, my husband...two more husbands, until GOD brought me to my knees and showed me the devastation of my choices. I am a converted Catholic, grateful for the sacraments of reconciliation, the Eucharist and now a sacred marriage. The culture of death is anti-woman, not the Catholic Church. The death of the souls which participate in killing innocents and live with those consequences. It hardens the heart of the individual participants, and the heart of the nation