Corrupted Women Take the Stage at the DNC: Abortion is Not a Woman's Prize Comments

The Democratic National Convention is featuring their favorite female "stars" this week.  They will be used to highlight this administration's "commitment to women's rights and health."  They will stand front and center as advocates of the only man who really understands them or cares about their needs. They'll be hailed by the media as the true American woman. I can't tiptoe around the truth.  I say with as much kindness as ... Continue Reading

1. Emma

I have to speak out in support of Jim's premise. I have no idea of what the demographics are on this site, but anyone who has attended a public high school or been employed at one in the last ten years knows he has a valid point. Not only have the girls taken the lead in sexual matters, but also will defend their "turf" often quite violently. For instance, one is working a guy, said boy has another young lady that he's interested in. First young lady gets her girls together, they jump and beat down the object of his affection, post it online, will torture and bully her. Frequently this person doesn't even know why. And if a guy is practicng chastity, it's the girls who start the rumors and jokes that lead to his harassment and it IS merciless! No doubt about it. The stuff about antibullying and conflict resolution is a joke. Nobody pays any attention to it because it's not enforced. I 've heard stories of men losing their homes, when out of the kindness of their hearts they move a woman with children in who would otherwise be on the street. She then conjures up a domestic violence complaint, gets a protective order that keeps him out of his house while all the while he's stuck with the responsibility of paying the mortgage or the choice of letting the bank foreclose. In the interim, she and her children live rent free, usually in pretty nice surroundings. Not all women are as virtuous as we'd like to believe. I don't see any reason why men should not proceed with caution any less than a woman should. Women have also been forced to work outside the home. Economic factors are such that just to maintain a decent place to live requires two incomes. It's definitely not the 1960's.

2. Bill Sr.

Jim,

@Bill:
    "Young women simply became willing depositories for the sexual passions of the many unnamed or unknown fathers on birth certificates. Have we ever seen one where the woman could remain anonymous, JIM?"

How do you know these women aren't fulfilling their own sexual passions as well? Newsflash Bill, women like sex too!! Many just don't like the consequences that come with it. The problem with out society is that we automatically assume a woman is a pure beacon of light without any carnal sexual desire. There was an article last month on Yahoo how more teenage boys are saying no to sex than teenage girls. Consequently girls are now approaching boys for sex in much larger numbers. Maybe in your generation guys were sexual animals but in my generation (mid-20's) the girls have stepped up to plate."

Again, and so obvious, it is amazing how your perception of the views of Jennifer and others here when redirected at us actually proves the points we have made in the first place.
    Dear brother in Christ, I prayerfully suggest you find it in your heart to seek a deeper love and appreciation of our Blessed Mother Mary. Mark Mallett has a website where any MAN can go for help in this effort.

3. Emma

@Jael.....I think you misinterpreted my last post, so for the sake of clarity : I did not say that I in any way look down on stay at home Moms. What I said was that the dem. speakers lead young women and girls to believe that should they become pregnant that there are only two options available to them, either drop out of school or infanticide. My own experience shows that that is not the truth. Young women and men need to be made aware of the fact that they have other options at their disposal. Young, unwed parents need to be counseled most of all! Is it easy? No. But it is doable and if the father is absent, some support from a woman (or man) who can counsel and encourage these parents to be can make a huge impact on those parents ' decision to choose life for their child. It's not either/or and that's what these speakers promote and it is a lie!

4. Lenard Poon

I was very saddened to watch and listen to Simone Campbell stand before the nation and support support a party focused on the platform of the murder of Gods creation, free birth control, rejection of God, and villifying Israel. I wonder how Ms Campbell resolves these beliefs with her faith. Additionally, her claim on what the Bishops stated were outright false. How has Ms Campbell become one of the corrupt and decieved? Only one other that walked side by side Jesus become so utterly decieved. That was a disgrace to the Church and to our Lord and Saviour.

5. Buster

Claire,
    politicans can find anecdotal stories to support their postition, But if a person commits a wrong and cloaks it with wonderful outcomes that does NOT change the fact that a wrong was commited. Those FEW and I repeat very FEW good aspects of obamacare does NOT justify all those huge wrongs that are at the root of that evil inspired law. If we accept the idea that the ends justify the means, This world will not be safe for anyone and evil will rule. History is full of evil governments were that idea was used to murder millions of innocent folks. One has to ask " what is obamacare's true objective ?" The real answer is may shock.

6. Jennifer Hartline

Jim, I can't think of another way to say it anymore. I can't decide if you're having fun trying to pick a fight with me, or if you truly don't understand anything I said. But this: "Perhaps you target audience in this article was women and this is how you rouse them? This sounds a lot like "we women are above all because we deliver new life so no man does not have say in a pregnancy since it only concerns women and men do not know the sacrifice women have to make."" Well, you got me there. You're onto me! "Men get no say in anything, Men are the dirt beneath my heels and Women are above all!! We can manufacture new life with just a nod of our superior feminine will! Who needs you guys??" Jim, seriously, if you truly think that's what I wrote or that's what I meant, then I guess I can't change your mind.

Of the myriad reasons abortion is so deadly is the way it has poisoned the communion of men and women with antagonism, competition, power and control, and bitterness. It's one of the many reasons I hate abortion. I hate what it has done to women and to men, and to men and women together. Men are very much needed, and required, and essential, and irreplaceable in the family. I LOVE MEN!! THANK GOD FOR MEN!!!

Abortion has given the jerks an easy exit and a tool to be abusive, and it has left the good guys with no recourse and no consideration. But Jim, for whatever reason, God gave the supreme gift of carrying a child in the womb to women. Of course women cannot reproduce without men. I never suggested they could. But that womb is such a deep, mysterious, and integral part of a woman, I cannot explain it to you. I wish my husband had experienced the joy of carrying our children the way I did. It is a profound miracle I wish men could know. But God is God, not me. I stand by the point of my article, which is that abortion corrupts a woman in a way it cannot corrupt a man.

7. Claire

The mom from AZ who spoke about her daughter with a heart defect. Her daughter had congenital heart disease and had already had 2 surgeries. She will need another in the next year or so. Their insurance company sent them a letter saying their daughter had reached her lifetime limit. Thanks to Obamacare, this child's lifetime limit has been lifted. She will be able to have the surgeries she needs to live. That is truly pro-life. Yay for Obamacare!

8. Jim

@Bill:

@Jennifer:
    I hear you quite clearly and agree about how abortion harms women's God-given nature. Your argument about it harming women MORE (or as you say "harmed...in the same degree") however demonstrates my point quite clearly. Consequently I also think the following lines in your article were unnecessary to get the point across about how abortion harms women. "Satan went after the strongest link in the chain of all of humankind -- Eve -- the mother of all the living. God had given her something He did not give Adam on his own. Only with Eve did He share His glorious ability to create and birth new life."

Perhaps you target audience in this article was women and this is how you rouse them? This sounds a lot like "we women are above all because we deliver new life so no man does not have say in a pregnancy since it only concerns women and men do not know the sacrifice women have to make." No woman CREATES life on her own. If she did she would be God (sorry there is only 1 God). Rather, a woman DELIVERS life! There is a big difference there. Now I don't think you did this on purpose but it would be nice to consider in the future.

In understand you article is not meant to be about procreation but it follows the abortion debate. Abortion and procreation are like opposites so can't debate one without considering the other. We need a balanced message on this issue. The DNC showed how women corner the debate on abortion. It's "their women" versus "your women" and unless you find a way to give men a stake in this debate you will be handing these "corrupt women" a victory. Granted, men have failed to step up in the past and as you have been accurate about this in your past articles about feminism. My question to you though is this: Are you really surprised men dropped the ball in the past? There was a time fathers weren't even allowed to see the woman in birth (pre-60's)!! Google the article "Should dads be in the delivery room? " on BBC and still you see some docs think men shouldn't be present. Why would men standby something we feel we have no intimate connection to? The same can be said for the abortion debate.

9. John

This country, sad to say, will pay a price for the allowance and acceptance of abortion. What exactly that price will be is unknown at this time, but most assuredly there will be one ..... and it will be large.
    For decades we have been haunted by the sin of slavery. Slavery is the institution that, years ago, imprisioned people, destroyed families and belittled the existence of fellow human beings. And the remenants of that tragic system are still with us today. The hatred, bitterness and racial divide in this country is palpable. This is what the sin of slavery has brought us.
    Compare that to abortion. The killing of innocent babies. How can this stand. How can God tolerate this most sinful activity. Abortion must be resisted. We must ask God's forgivness for what has happened. We must be ready to face his reparation for these sins. That reparation will surely come.

10. Rob

Sadly, for those of us who have been following social issues closely, we could all write the responses for articles like this, responses to campaign speeches etc. Someone in another thread mentioned that new polling suggested that America was becoming more pro-life. I think it was a pew poll that showed 51% of American's considered themselves pro-life. While it's something to celebrate for sure, we rarely talk about why so many people (150 million!) have lost hope to the point that they willfully choose death? Jesus came to heal the sinner, to release the captives.....are we doing that?

Jennifer's indignation at these women who are abusing their positions of authority is right and just. We should also be angry at the government for permitting this evil for so long. Like so many of our problems, fiscal and otherwise, if we had solutions orientated people serving us, they would have found a way to get this done. But what are we doing in the meantime to restore hope in a culture so lost? Is our fight all political? Or are we evangelizing souls? Are we really trying to save people? Or is it all politics?