Corrupted Women Take the Stage at the DNC: Abortion is Not a Woman's Prize Comments

The Democratic National Convention is featuring their favorite female "stars" this week.  They will be used to highlight this administration's "commitment to women's rights and health."  They will stand front and center as advocates of the only man who really understands them or cares about their needs. They'll be hailed by the media as the true American woman. I can't tiptoe around the truth.  I say with as much kindness as ... Continue Reading

1. vance

Judy and Harry, you both are spot on about the Kennedy's. They are frauds and a corrupt bunch of people. The problem is the Hollywood Media Puppet Masters and the Liberal Baby Boomers have this irrational infatuation with the Kennedy's going back to JFK. They are gods in their little minds.

2. Onegaishimasu

Democrats do not speak for me either.

3. Frank Tomei

The so called "right to abortion" because the woman should have a choice is flawed from the beginning. Abortion consideration stems from the basic premise of not having made the choice in the first place through birth control. If the choice to use birth control was made in the fist place then abortion would not be needed - that is the time to make the choice. Utilizing birth control is a preventive measure whereas abortion is believed to be a corrective measure on the part of the mother (obviously not for the baby). Of course there are considerations in the more extreme cases of rape etc.
    Essentially when abortion takes place what the person is saying " I have made a mistake and now the un-born will have to pay the price with his or her life). This is akin to me getting into a car accident through my fault and then having the victim pay for my negligence.
    I find the mere term "planned parenthood" that allows for abortion as a dichotomy in itself.

4. Judy Claar

Harry reyhing, I agree wholeheartedly. And like you, I think that it is about time to see and call it like it is. The Dem. party of which they belong to has changed...and them right along with it. I wonder when people will grow up and stop seeing the Kennedy's as glorified Hollywoodites.
    Today's Second Reading: James 2: 1-5 Class Distinction, is a message that can be taken more than just the one as it presents itself here.
    People seem to be caught in a mire. Thanks for writing. Keep Posting. Sunday Blessings...

5. Jim

@Emma: It is encouraging to see I'm not the only one here who has taken note of our generations plight. I think this all has a lot to do with the Industrial Revolution. Prior to the revolution most men worked at home (on a farm) with the wife and kids not far away. This created a team effort that I think is greatly overlooked when we teach history. After the revolution, men detached from the home to go work in factories where the family was excluded. I think our generation is longing for pre-revolution days but we just don't know how to get there yet.

@Jennifer: There is one last thing I would like to leave you with. What do you say of a woman who becomes a mother by adoption? She did not carry the child in her womb so by your logic is she somehow limited in what joy she feels for being that child's mother? In my experience it seems to me that women who can't have kids naturally have at least just as good a bond with their adopted child than a woman who gives birth to one. That to me is evidence enough that the joy of life transcends physiological boundaries *IF* we are encouraged to open our minds and hearts. Men can and do understand this if they're serious about being dads.

6. Rob

Judy, I was at a dinner party on Friday evening and those of us who are talkers stayed up half the night arguing these points. I found it extremely interesting to hear the views of the guys around the table, both clergy and lay, young and old. The conversation started about ideas to mobilize catholic men to ensure someone is elected that supports catholic values. The conversation/debate went much like it does here. But one guy, a man who I will say is probably one of our city's biggest leaders in the pro-life movement, made a statement that shut down the conversation. He said that both parties have been so utterly corruputed that he felt frozen and really didn't know what to do anymore. All of the debate of the evening ceased and around the table there was a general agreement with this point. I think everyone sitting at that table just assumed he would blast the arguements against Romney, but for him to say what he did really made folks listen. We ended the evening at this point. In many ways it mirrors what I've been trying to say all this time, but coming from him it took me utterly by suprise. It's something I've been praying about all weekend.

I may just have to fall back to my original strategy of just voting out incumbents. As I see it, they are all failing so perhaps this is the way I have to go.

7. Harry reyhing

Also phony "catholic" Caroline Kennedy who actually invoked the catholic church to support unretricted abortions.Most all the Kennedy family are frauds.They claim to be catholic but support all abortion and most of them are for gay marriage and I bet not one is going to oppose Obamas persecution of religous liberty of catholic church.Lets call a spade a spade,They sold out Jesus and his church for fame and votes.I pray they repent before they face God at death.We need real catholics to stand up for truth and their church.

8. Jim

@Jennifer: I am in no way trying to pick a fight with you. I agree with you on the subject and do very much love reading your articles. Your articles are very to the point and encouraging to others.

What I am taking issue with is your insistence that men cannot comprehend the mystery of creating new life but women can. You admit to this in your post " But that womb is such a deep, mysterious, and integral part of a woman, I cannot explain it to you. I wish my husband had experienced the joy of carrying our children the way I did. It is a profound miracle I wish men could know." Of coarse a womb is integral to a woman but that doesn't mean a man cannot experience the joy that comes with new human life! I will never forget the time my aunt was pregnant with my cousin and she let us feel her stomach. It was VERY powerful and no one is going to tell me I couldn't understand what was going on in there and what it meant to my aunt! If I were to flip your statement around and say "women do not know the true beauty of life because a man will give his life more for others than a woman will" would you not take issue with such a statement even though it is largely true? As I said before, 3 guys died for their girlfriends in the Aurora theater and not a single woman stood up to protect her boyfriend (or at least want to go together). The military is still predominately men and men still accept the discriminatory Selective Service without much complaint. Giving birth is a lot less risky in developed nations than military service so can you really say men can't / don't understand the mystery of life? We sure try darn hard to protect something we are incapable of understanding according to you.

@Bill Sr.:
    I think you and I are on completely different wavelengths here. Let me try to change mine. I am a mid-20's guy that strives his best to include Christ in my everyday life. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look to Him for guidance. I firmly believe in Christ and will continue to do my best stay true to that faith. I have also been blessed with a virtuous woman I will soon engage and spend the rest of my life with. What I worry most for though is my future kids!! We need to fix today's problems today otherwise my kids and maybe your grandkids (or great grandkids) are going to be much worse off!

My impression of the older crew here (Jennifer and yourself) is that you guys are trying to address issues that your generation faced a decades ago (i.e. fatherless families, men as chief promiscuous agents, and birth of feminism). I'm trying to show you guys how to get your message out to my generation because we are not as set in our ways as your generation. Look at what the college students over at 1Flesh.org are doing! Read their blogs.

Also, any time you are engaging a foe it is first and foremost important to understand who your foe is. Bill, in your last post you claimed that men can run away from children but women cannot. I am telling you this is a symptom of a much larger problem. Why treat symptoms when you should tackle the real problem? If men felt a connect to the child that they could share with the mother I doubt they would run. As I said in my last post, many of your fathers were not even allowed to see you born! How can you expect men to feel a connection to a child when they couldn't even see them born?!?!?!? Or in our modern world how can a man feel a connection when society tells him mommy has complete control (i.e. he doesn't even have a legal right to know if she wants to abort)? Why would a man even try to make an effort to appreciate the miracle of life with this societal attitude? I appreciate your prayerful devotions but they are only part of the solution, not the whole answer.

@Jennifer and Bill: If I wasn't already a guy with a strong faith background neither your posts nor this article would have moved me (as a guy) to defend the unborn since "only women understand the mystery." I am not saying this to be harsh or pick a fight but to illustrate the point that we need EVERYBODY to have a more than a physiological reason to care. Feminists have cornered this debate for decades by saying men have no connection to a woman's pregnancy and thus no legal right to anything (not even a notice an abortion is going to happen). This makes it very easy for a man to have the attitude "oh well they carry the kid so whatever ::vote for pro-choice candidate::." Do you not see what is wrong here? If we only let women vote when it came to abortion we would be hacking babies on demand. Thankfully more of us "unable to understand the joy or carrying children" men have understand the supreme beauty / value of life enough to save women from themselves. I already see many men asking themselves if it is really worth it though when we're told all we get is a second hand experience. Ironic.

9. J.C.

Why is it that Catholics always separate themselves from other Christians, when we are on the same page when it comes to the core christian beliefs. All of us us are under fire, not just Catholics. I was raised Catholic, but I never felt any different than any other follower of Christ, no better, no worse, a sinner forgiven because of his blood shed for all of us I guess those who are appealing to the older gen. of Catholics, need to present the issues as separate from other Christians problems in order to get them on board. I just wish the division would stop. There's nothing more important than the unity of the body of Christ to bring the unbeliever to their knees. As long as the churches are divided on the non-essentials, those outside of the church (meaning the Church of Jesus not catholics, baptists, etc., we will be ineffective.)

10. Judy Claar

Rob, Good Post. Thought provoking. Yes, Jennifer's article is true and just. But Church and State is separate the last time I checked. That is why, we of Faith, can Not vote in Obama's Culture of Death. We must, as a people of Faith, vote for the ticket which is Faith based, and Pro-Life... I was in the movement when you were born? a baby for sure. Supporters against Roe V. Wade wore metal bracelets w/its name and Supreme Court date stamped on them. People would ask if I had a loved one MIA in Viet Nam. I do not put an exclamation point here for two reasons: One, none is need. A live person missing in action or dead is the same thing as an unborn baby. (Note*...I am Not unfeeling to those MIA or those who died. My story has been on here before.) Two, At the time, (to all you youngsters out there,) there were MIA bracelets almost exactly the same. So I have been on the band wagon, so to speak, as long as Roe v. Wade's Evil Conception..And your beautiful birth! I have seen what you see Rob, only longer. Myself and others on this board, have felt all the feelings you Now have and have had. It is sad. Frustrating to tears. WE pray, and do whatever necessary to Try to repeal this Evil Act. I am glad that you grew up to join us. But remember, you must find members to take my place when I go Home. This is fact...To All The Youth Listening....We are Old Kook's to Young American's, but are Respected Person"s of Wisdom to Asian's. I wonder, why that is? Our Culture is too far gone? Our Culture knows more than their Culture? etc. Food for thought.
    And since Church and State are separate Rob, we Evangelize within and outside the Church...By Living that Evangelization in the work place, the home, at Sport Events, Wherever We Are.
    If people see your example, as a Living Catholic, do you not think that they will not notice?
    As a Living Catholic, you Evangelize along the Way.
    So, since Church and State are separate, we must have a government of Faith. Of Life. Of Love. So long for now. Blessings..