We Applaud the Republican Platform: No 'Abortion Rights', Only a Right to Life Comments

The language of the Republican Platform is refreshingly clear: "Faithful to the 'self-evident' truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children." Continue Reading

1. KarlVDH

You're not "shaking the dust off your feet," JoAnn. you're burying your head in the sand. Romney isn't the answer, and the next four years are a loss no matter who wins. We need to start working NOW for 2016.

2. KarlVDH

No, Vance. I mentioned Christie because he's a serious Catholic. But thanks for making your own priorities so clear. Party before faith. Really not a surprise.

3. Judy Claar

Vance, You're sister in Christ is correct. "There is none so blind as he who can not see". Or, one does See, yet for the sake of argument, they entrap or engulf you. Remember, Jesus did not force. That is what JoAnn meant by shaking the dust from your sandals. He is the Way.
    Blessings....

4. vance

KarlVDH, Thank you for a sliver of honesty. So, Chris Christy or some 'Moderate Republican" is your idea of the 'Correct Candidate'. I find this interesting because you and Rob keep beating the drum that Both Parties are the same. Well, if history means anything, "Moderate Republicans" were the ones who Voted with the Party of Death and Deceit the uphold abortion and deficit spending. Sooo, here is where we have 'Both Sides' being the same. The Moderate Repubs and the Party of Death and Deceit are like bobsey twins. You and Rob keep saying 'Both Sides are the same is a 'Bad Thing'. So, tell me Karl, why would having a moderate Repub be a 'Good Thing'? Are you a little confused?

5. JoAnn

Vance: "Shake the dust off your sandals and go to the next village." You will not reach Karl or Rob. It is up to the Holy Spirit now. I appreciate your passion and truth. Keep it coming for those of us who can tell the difference between liberty and slavery. "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson. God bless.

6. KarlVDH

VAnce, you're still trying to convince yourself I'm some left wing fake. Grow up. What I say is what I mean. There IS NO good choice for us this electin, and instead of being outraged by it. people like you are pretending Romney is some sort of answer. He's NOT, and you've given up your God-given right to expect something better. Tell you what... this election is a LOSS for us whoever wins, and being behind either of these guys makes you as fake as them. Do you know what we NEED to do? Start working NOW toward getting REAL representation- a Catholic, a fiscal and social conservative who's a political moderate. We've lost this one already; the outcome doesn't matter. But we can start pushing hard for a REAL Catholic Republican to run in 2016, when we're statistically all but guaranteed to win. You want to waste that chance? Run Romney again in four years. I'll be backing Chris Christie. Even HE knew Romney was a joke when he turned down the V.P. offer. So did Rice. You're comfortable pretending this guy is "for us?" Hey, go nuts. He's not going to win, and if he did, we'd be NO BETTER OFF. He's a FRAUD. He's a pro-choice, gay marriage Obamacare author who happened to be the last guy left standing after the disaster this Primary season ended up being.
    Go ahead. Sell yourself out for Romney just because the elephant says so. your politics are little more than wearing a hat supporting your favorite team.

7. Rob

vance, honestly, neither.

8. vance

KarlVDH, YAAWWWN!! "I'm not a Democrat, I'm not a Republican, I'm Awake" Sorry but this puts me to sleep. Karl, you've already given yourself up. Could you please tell us who it is that deserves the Catholic Vote? and why.

9. Rob

I think before you watch 2016, you have to go see "The Campaign" first to put it in the right perspective.

10. RichStine

I am not a part of the "We Applaud" Coalition.

Just because I have faith in, and love very much, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I do not support the GOP's position. It is beating a dead horse, expecting new results.

Banning abortion or most abortions is not nor will stop abortions or save lives. It never has. It never will.

Does that mean I "like" abortion?
    It most certainly does not.

It is inane to suggest that those who disagree with anti-abortion stance, are therefore, pro-abortion, and not pro-life (because no matter how you scrape it, it just doesn't stop it, now, does it? And isn't that the desired, prime-directive of taking such a stance to begin with? Correct me if I'm wrong.)

A broken record? perhaps. We need a new dialogue. One that's a bit more logical and affective.

Banning abortion has a limited and faulty efficacy. A band-aid, put on an uncleaned wound.
    Nothing more.

Anti-abortion passions need harnessed and redirected towards a logical, truly pro-life conclusion. We the Church need to lead the way, instead of being an impediment to solvent process.