We Applaud the Republican Platform: No 'Abortion Rights', Only a Right to Life Comments

The language of the Republican Platform is refreshingly clear: "Faithful to the 'self-evident' truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children." Continue Reading

1. KarlVDH

Vance, are YOU reading? I'll try again. Maybe if I type slowly. It doesn't MATTER who we vote for this year. Vote for Romney, vote for Obama... sure, write me in, if you like, I'm flattered... but this election is a complete LOSS for real Catholics either way. What're you not getting? There IS NO WIN for us in this election. Got it yet? Neither is better than the other. What we need to start doing is seriously concentrating on 2016, when we're almost guaranteed a Republican President, and when WE have the ability to pick one who ACTUALLY represents our values, as opposed to the buffoon the GOP foisted on us this go-round. We CANNOT just happily cheer for Romney, because he's as fake as Obama and the GOP needs to get the message: we want real representation. Beating Obama doesn't really get us ANYTHING, man... Romney's cut from the selfsame cloth, and you're willing to nod ad smile and pretend he's oh so much better; a great improvement... they both STINK to high heaven, and instead of playing partisan politics and rallying around this loser, we need to make our voices heard LOUD in the party, to make sure they don't pull another weasel deal on us again in four years. And get real, Vance: Obama's going to win anyway. But even if not, we're NO BETTER OFF. Seriously... I'm not saying that because I fall into some notion you have of an undercover liberal trying to steal votes from Romney: I genuinely detest BOTH our choices, and cannot understand for a second how people like you can just happily vote for the guy just because the GOP said so. He's as big a fraud as the guy in office NOW, Vance!!! Do you get it yet? We really don't HAVE someone to vote for... this election is a total loss for real, committed Catholics EITHER WAY. And we need to speak up NOW instead of just choking down the bile. Maybe we SHOULD stage a voters' boycott... show them we mean business. Or maybe we should elect Romney and then criticize and shred him until they have to notice. What we should DEFINITELY do is start ORGANIZING now, to demonstrate to these people that we want REAL leadership, and won't just settle for whatever name appears with an elephant next to it just because they say so.
    If, of course, your faith and country mean more to you than a political party.

2. vance

KarlVDH, Do you actually read your own posts? I would highly recommend that you sit down somewhere and relax and take ten deep breaths. Then come back and read your own posts. I believe you would agree that you are talking in circles and make no sense. I can appreciate the fact that you believe that you are an intellectual giant who we should all understand the same as you understand yourself. OK, if we are not to stay home, then, WHO DO WE VOTE FOR KARL????

3. KarlVDH

Vance, my man, you at least answered my question. You're so sold out to the parties you can't hold a rational conversation.
    I don't want Obama any more than I do Romney. I'm not saying stay home. I'm being honest and pointing out that what we have to choose from are two losers, and going forward we need to push HAERD for oomething better instead of pretending that one side of a counterfeit coin is somehow more valuable than the other.
    Neither party cares about us. We should start denmanding better instead of just following the one because it's not the other.
    Now make some ridiculous personal statement about me and pretend it means something.

4. vance

KarlVDH, "Am I going too fast for you?" Why no. Actually, you are going too slow. Now let me get this right. You say that Romney/Ryan are dirty no good scoundrels who shouldn't get our vote AND don't vote for Obama. So, we are to stay home, All Catholics just stay home and don't vote. OK. We stay home and don't vote. So, Obama wins. Hay, wow, now I get it. You're right Karl. I am slow. Obama wins the election because we Catholics stayed home. Brilliant Karl, Brilliant.

5. JoAnn

Karl: I may not have my head in the sand as far as you might think. I agree with you. However, I respectfully disagree with your reasoning. For the past 50 yrs. or so, voters have had the misfortune in having a choice to either vote for Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum. It made no difference. We usually ended up with the same thing over and over no matter what party we voted for. The Dems were too far left and some of the GOP were too far right. Both parties were taking us in the same direction. The Dems a little faster than the GOP. EXCEPT for President Reagan. Since Nov. 2010, we are on the way to putting some people with higher ideals in office. But it will be a slow process. After all, it took over 100 yrs. to get here. You contend that Romney and Obama are exactly the same. I don't know what facts you base your reasoning on but that's your decision. Do you have a little crystal ball or are you a prophet? What? You seem so adamant about your claims about him. I thought God was the only One who could read a man's heart. Here is the way I see it, maybe others here do too. They can talk for themselves. We have a Catholic and American duty to exercise our right to vote. To not do so, would be a sin of disobedience to our Church and unpatriotic to our country. Now, since we have a candidate who is totally in opposition to our Catholic teachings, we cannot nor do we want to cast a vote in his favor. Not to mention, his record for the past 4 yrs. On the other hand, we have a candidate that we can only take at his word, vote for him and hope for the best. People do change you know. If we vote for a 3rd party or not vote at all, the election will certainly go to Obama, which will be very harmful to the Church and very foolish as you know what, because we know what he stands for and we don't want to go there. Yes, I agree that we need to be more prudent with our local elections also. If you vote for bums locally, we will only end up with bums in Washington some day. But waiting until 2016 with hopes of a better candidate to vote for is way too late. This country cannot endure another 4 yrs. with an administration that has proven how corrupt they really are. And with Obama's record, he may end up being our Dictator and there won't be any elections in 2016 At this point, that's the choice that we have, and to shirk our duty is just downright immoral. God bless.

6. JoAnn

And after or before "2016" and "The Campaign" read "The Communist." God bless.

7. KarlVDH

Judy. Sister in Christ. I'm NOT a Democrat. I'm NOT supporting Obama. Why is this so doggone HARD for everyone here?
    Obama NOR Romney are the answer for us, GET IT?? We need to work NOW toward having real reprresentation in the 2016 race, because BOTH parties have sold us out this go-round.
    Romney's as big a fraud as Obama.
    I don't understand why being honest and saying so automatically means I'm a Democrat. I'm not. I simply REFUSE to pretend one lie is better than another. Any REAL Catholic would clearly feel the same. This election is a complete wash out for us.
    Some of you folks have your priorities seriously screwed up.

8. Judy Claar

KarlVHD, I humbly refer you to the "Ryan/Biden article, #2 on MOST POPULAR of this moment. Please read pab's Post, as well as JoAnn's, and mine, if it is posted yet. You should understand How Some of us, come about our Rational Thinking, with the Holy Father, that in this election, " there should be No Catholic Democrat!
    IF my post is on, and you still disagree, then I will continue to pray, for you in particular, as you are a friend on CO, who has yet to see the light. I pray for Everyone anyway, but those I know somewhat personally, I pray extra. It is only through Our Holy Father, the Bible, Holy books, prayers, Our Lady of Grace, and Reasonable Thinking, that I think as I do. Blessings...

9. KarlVDH

Vance: I'm going to say this very clearly for your benefit, andalso to remove your constant need to derail the conversation: I am not voting for Obama.
    Now, do you have something to say about what I've actually posted, or is this about as deep as your abilities really go?
    Neither Obama nor Romney are the answer for America, and CERTAINLY not for true Catholics. This election is a wash out. We LOSE no matter which of these frauds wins.
    Do you understand now, or am I going too fast?
    We now have a four year opportunity to work for and demand something better than what these TWO worthless parties foisted on us this year. Get it now?
    I mean exactly what I say, Vance. There's no subtext here. Unlike yourself and some others, I'm not shiilling for EITHER party of deciet and death. That's right. I actually DO believe tht neither party represents us at all.
    Is there some way this can be clearer for you, or do you grasp it now? Are you capable of an actual conversation, or is this childish, accusatory namecalling the depth of your ability?

10. vance

KarlVDH, I suppose your head is above the sand as you rally behind your Dear Leader Obama and your Party of Death and Deceit WHO said "NO" to God 3 times on national TV. Romney stated on national TV that he will defend the sanctity of Life and Marriage and he stated that he will also defend our constitutional right to the Free Exercise of Religion. Now, your Party of Death and Deceit has 'Doubled Down' on their quest to kill babies in the womb, marry homosexuals, and force the Catholic Church to supply birth control, sterilizations, and abortions. I don't think this is very Catholic do you and Christ-like do you??