Bishop Robert Morlino Affirms Paul Ryan's Effort to Apply Catholic Social Teaching Comments

"Vice Presidential Candidate Ryan is aware of Catholic Social Teaching and is very careful to fashion and form his conclusions in accord with the principles mentioned above. Of that I have no doubt.A Catholic conscience can never take exception to the prohibition of actions which are intrinsically evil. Nor may a conscience well-formed by reason or the Catholic faith ever choose to vote for someone who clearly, consistently, persistently ... Continue Reading

1. Patrick Reynolds

@WR

I think you've been away for far too long. Pretty much every Catholic who is actually practicing and understands their faith is standing against Obama and his views.

2. Bill Sr.

You have smoothed the path and straightened the lines for us as we journey the road to civility in our nations struggle for true social justice.

3. abey

The Catholic social teaching that which is not to left or right , liberal or conservative etc as stated , does strike a cord to the statement of Jesus in the revelations ,to the Church of Thyatira" which in general applies to the Catholic Church, even in the mixes, to the words "He that overcometh, & keepeth my words unto the end, to him will I give powers over the nations & he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers, even as I received of my Father" Little wonder for Obama & his gangs hatred towards the Catholic church , even running after other (Pagan) gods in the tune of the Apostates, but then the truth of the future has already been foretold by the lord of Heaven & Earth- GOD.

4. WR

Reducing spending on Entitlement Programs must be done, or there will be far more damage to our society's truly poor. The flaw with arguments about Paul Ryan's budget is that the US is not truly "poor". Yes, there are millions of people that live below the poverty level, but "poverty" compared to other countries is not a fair comparison. Most "poor" in the US have access to clean water, cell phones, air conditioning, cars, tax payer provided public schools (with lunches).

Meanwhile, there are millions of Americans who game the Entitlement system. You can earn just enough money each year to keep you eligible for a tax rebate, heating assistance, food assistance, unemployment etc....The spending of programs has amplified since the war on poverty began in 1964, yet the number of "poor" continues to grow.

I will return to the Catholic Church when it and it's members renounce it's political leaders that perpetually vote against the unborn. I will not pray with Hypocrites, but I pray for them every day.

5. ccs

Your list of intrinsic evils is incomplete. Torture is also an intrinsic evil.

6. Bulbajer

Hi people. My family convinced me that I was spending too much time on CO and I've stopped visiting. I came back briefly to ask something: hasn't the USCCB criticized Ryan and his policies? It isn't just "left-wing" groups that are worried about him.
    How have you all been doing?