Obamacare Begins Child Sterilization, Without Parental Consent Comments

With back-to-school season in full swing across the nation, parents in Oregon have more to worry about than shopping for sweaters and purchasing pencils. In the state of Oregon, the Obamacare mandate, which went into effect on August 1, 2012, provides free sterilizations to girls as young as fifteen. Now, your daughter, your high school freshman, can choose, without your consent, to be permanently sterilized. Continue Reading

1. vance

Chris, "The Party of Death and Deceit too simplistic"? Yes, we need to communicate well with our children and stop trading with countries that kill their own people BUT it is also important that we elect leaders who strongly support our Catholic Values. If we did this, we would not have the situation that we are in today. No "Both Sides" are not the same and equally guilty. The GOP has never sponsored any legislation that attacks our Religion and the Free Exercise thereof. Rand Paul and Paul Ryan have submitted anti-abortion legislation that was shot down by Harry Reid and the Party of Death and Deceit. Simple math isn't it?

2. Chris

"Party of death and deceit" I'm afraid that is WAY too simplistic and broad and doesn't mean anything, because by that definition BOTH parties would be implicated. I understand the feelings surrounding contraception, abortion, etc. But we have to look at things as they are. We cannot simply make abortion illegal or overturn Obamacare and think that the job is done.

We need to do things like changing the evil that adoptions cost $50,000.00 and abortions $300.00. We need to stop doing business with countries that "play nice" with us but kill their own people so that our companies can gather oil, or whatever resources. We need to stop trying to take away the self determination of people's around the world to fuel our own lifestyle.

We really NEED to stop focusing on the government doing things for us that are our responsibility. Is it creepy and scary that kids can go get sterilized? Yes! But the FIRST line of defense there is NOT electing this or that person into office! It is keeping the lines of communication with our kids OPEN. Showing them the kind of love our heavenly Father shows us. He created us with choice and we made the wrong one and He died for us on the cross so we could be with Him.

We need to realize that nothing in this world is "safe" nothing guaranteed, except God's love for us. We need to love our kids in a way such that they will make the right decisions when they are away from us. We cannot trust in any system, or law, or social convention, to take away that responsibility we have as parents.

So vote whatever way your conscience leads you, but for goodness sake, do NOT let the effort end there! If you do, it wont matter which side is in office and your child will suffer for it.

3. Lauren

This is pretty unsettling... I don't think a fifteen year-old is mature enough to make that kind of decision. That being said, I don't really agree with the fear-mongering nature of the title. Sounds like Oregon's state law is more the problem here than federal law. Agree or disagree with Obamacare (I personally don't know what to think of it yet), but it's wrong to make sweeping, misleading statements - about "mass sterilization", for example - in order to spread fear and widen the partisan rift in this country.

4. Ivory Smith

This man is not my president. As of now, I don't have a president.

5. Reason

Well since Romney passed Romneycare in Massachusetts as governor, you'd think you would already understand how this bill works.

6. Judy Claar

Vance, What foresight you have! IF only more Catholics could have the same perception!...Christ's objective Truth of Living! Well said my friend, well said.

7. Judy Claar

Rob, I am glad you understood me. I have an uncle and a cousin who were "death bed" Conversions. The priest told my Mom at the time, that this was his "First one" he had ever experienced, (my uncle), And as the priest was up in years, he never thought he would see and hear one, let alone, be the main participant of one.
    Yes Rob, this is what it means to Live your Faith as Catholic to All who you may encounter. Even if you do not see them again. To Let Your Light of Life So Prayerfully shine. We never know if we will see or hear of any good we may have done, or live to hear prayers answered...but it All counts, and it is not in vain. Blessings my friend....

8. Rob

Judy, you are right. I think the best we can do is continuing to press forward...continue praying and working. Trust the Holy Spirit.

I really think that until people realize how much God loves them. Until people realize they are beloved sons and daughters with so much inherent dignity, none of this is changing. We can squabble over laws etc, but laws don't change hearts. I think now more than ever we must ensure that we love as Christ loved. We must ensure that those who are lost see Christ in us first and foremost. We must the light that attracts them.

9. vance

The Party of Death and Deceit has been pushing eugenics for over a hundred years. Never in my life time have I seen such Pro-Death fanaticism as we all have seen coming from Obama, Pelosi, Harry Reid and the Party of Death and Deceit. These people are hardcore haters of Christianity and all we stand for. It is our supreme duty to vote our faith and for the Free Exercise of our faith. VOTE OUT Obama and the Party of Death and Deceit.

10. Jo

I have known 15 year olds that thought they never wanted children. I've seen them grow up, get married and decide they wanted children very much. Two of them are among the best mother's that I know. Fortunately in most states they can not be sterilized so young. How sad to be able to decide before you know what your own life will be that you never want children. This is an insult to our intelligence, our religion and our morals as Catholics.
    What's just as much if not more of an insult is that religious institutions will be required to pay for this type of insurance. Where is our freedom of religion? Obviously Obama has a different view of our bill of rights than most Americans.