Romney Goes Bold: Pro-Life Catholic Paul Ryan Chosen as Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Comments

I just returned from the Romney/Ryan campaign event in Norfolk, Virginia. The crowd was massive, enthusiastic and hopeful. I don't know what I expected - but what I experienced far exceeded those expectations. Mitt Romney's bold choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate ensures that an exchange of correspondence between the Cardinal of New York and the Republican Vice Presidential nominee will now become a part of framing the issues in ... Continue Reading

1. Old Soldier

Rose, after citing the principle of "the preferential option for the poor. I see very little of this in Ryan and Romney's programs.

2. JoAnn

Rob: Grow up! We paid and still pay dearly for those benefits. Stop whining. God bless.

3. Rob

When I see Bush on the campaign stump with Romney, I'll believe that people want to go back there. Seriously vance?

4. Mike F.

I agree whole-heartedly with David E.! He beat me to the punch. How quickly we forget. While bishop Dolan's letter was not, and should not have been, hostile, it was beyond a doubt a rebuke. Where stand now the bishops? Is Ryan's platform considered the "lesser of two evils"? Or do the bishops oppose both platforms? You can't oppose abortion and support massive social program spending (in light of Catholic Social Dogma) because in this 21st century American environment they are inextricably united.Or, I guess you can, if you support Mr. Obama.

5. Judy Claar

PC: Good Post! I too share in your frustration of Journalistic Spin, and People Spin, who are Pro-Choice Package, and, Obama all the way. I Hope and Pray, the American people, will see through this charade for what it is. It Really Concerns me that so many are taken in...Really concerns me. It is like they are Obama's innocent? robots, walking like Alice did, through the Looking Glass...and then they step into a world that keeps getting curiouser and curiouser. They wonder where they are, and they can Not find away out.
    How can people, let alone Catholics, or Christians, vote for a man who has already started such a dramatic change?

IF Obama wins this election, (heaven forbid), it is my opinion, that the America that we knew will fade into the background, as great nations before her have, and continue evermore, into a land that becomes curiouser and curiouser.

My friends, you know it has already started. You read it here everyday, if your heart and eyes are open to Truth. I won't elaborate on what you read and know? But I will borrow PC's quote by Margaret Thatcher, because it is True, and to me, it bears repeating. Thank you PC.

"The Problem With Socialism Is That Eventually You Run Out Of Other People's Money".

Has Obama not already done that? Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul? Printing Monopoly money? Ever read of Great and Powerful Rich Nations succumb to socialism/communism?
    What about SS and Medicare? Did he not spend that money into oblivion re-vampment? In my opinion,We are on that path. I do not type of doom and gloom...I use these keys to pray to prevent it! I am not a Senior who is resistant to Change for the betterment of this country and its citizens.Rather, I embrace all new ideas and discoveries that are for the betterment of mankind. That also includes my religious freedoms, which are now in doubt...and my world keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.
    Morning Blessings...

6. ccs

It's an interesting choice, in that it indicates that Romney is attempting to consolidate the Republican base, rather than trying to expand beyond the base. He seems to have done a SWOT analysis (his campaign's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats), determined that conservatives did not have sufficient enthusiasm to wait in long voting lines, and decided that he needed to provide a red-meat VP pick to make conservatives enthusiastic. On those grounds, it seems less like a bold choice than a defensive one. It may work out well for Romney, or it may alienate enough of the center that it destroys any chance Romney had to win. It will be fascinating to see how it plays in November.

7. David E.

Does no one here remember that the U.S. Bishops came out (no pun intended) publicly, in writing, and vociferously against Paul Ryan's budget? Oh, wait, abortion trumps everything. Got it.

8. Vance

What a contrast between the two tickets. The Dems have a fanatic anti-Christian anti-American Marxist as President and a clinically insane buffoon as a VP vs a Pro-LIfe, Pro-Christian, Pro-American intellectual as a Presidential candidate with a young man who is Pro-Life, Pro-Family values, intellectual Catholic as VP. Our Catholic hating president says we can't go back. There are over 70 million people who would like to go back to the Bush years because they were employed making decent pay checks vs making less than 1/2 today flipping hamburgers. These people were working for General Motors who now opened new plants in China to employ Chinese. Get rid of the Marxist Democrat Party, EPA, and unions and we could have manufacturing in America once again where people can have life-time careers with decent pay checks.

9. JoAnn

Vance: I agree. I favored Rubio too, but after thinking about it, Romney made the wiser choice. Since we need every seat in the senate that we can get, selecting Rubio would mean another senate seat to fill. Now that we have a majority in the House, Ryan was an excellent choice. God bless.

10. Plsonic

I am not an American, but one who wish this country good. For the same reason I see a new daybreak in the horizons of this Great nation by this news. We have had no dearth of "great" leaders of many a nation whose history goes back to broken families, addictions, unhappy childhood and so on. America too have had enough of them, and it is time for going back to the basics once again for this country. It needs people who have grown and brought up and with care and love. I wish success to Romney and Paul.