Pope Paul VI and The Prophetic Witness of Humanae Vitae Comments

Just a few years after Humanae Vitae the wedge of artificial birth control was driven so deeply between the marital act and human procreation that it spawned the unspeakable evil of legalized abortion in the U.S. under the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. The logical extension of the contraceptive mentality is the abortion mentality. One has to wonder, what is next? Continue Reading

1. Rob

JoAnn, maybe I'm the only one willing to call it like it is. I have read the most distrubing hateful things on this site by posters, so much of it spun with half truths, conspiracy theories and the like. Maybe the word "hate" is too strong, but what I've seen is definitely not what I expect of Christians. And this isn't limited to this site, since the day Obama took office he has been relentlessly pursued, chastised etc. Like I've said many times, I'm no lover of Obama, but replacing one crazy person/party for another is not my idea of progress.

Maybe Obama is the wrong guy to be President. But the actions towards this man from politicians, Pacs, and the opposition has gone way beyond simple politics. So please, help me see it another way, because I surely do not see love of neighbor in any of this discourse anymore. I will agree, I need to search my heart as we all do.

2. JoAnn

Rob: I am very fortunate that I have a wonderful spiritual advisor that has helped me with many difficult choices and situations. If you have a spiritual advisor, maybe you could talk to him/her about some of your concerns. One more thing, I notice that you are the only one on this board that throws that ominous word "hate" around. I have never used that word in any of my postings (at least not regarding a person) and I have not seen it from anyone else. I don't know what your obsession with that word is, but I think maybe you should refrain from using it. Usually a person using that word so much maybe should look into his/her own heart. I say that with love, my friend. I will continue to pray for you, as I do for all my friends here. God bless.

3. Rob

JoAnn, there is no sin if you vote for a legitimate candidate who is not in violation of the church's teachings on grave, moral matters. And if the race is neck and neck, you can't be certain that a vote for a third party candidate is an automatic vote for Obama. But one thing is for certain, continuing to vote for these two parties get's us no where fast. So long as they can count on your vote because they aren't the other guy, they never learn. Oddly enough, both parties have allowed abortion to continue, government has grown, debt has grown and deficits to one degree or another have grown.

My prediction, the hatred of Obama will backfire as the lack of substance from Romney becomes more apparent. As I've said many times, the votes of those who "hate" Obama have already been counted. This election will be decided by those who are actually trying to figure out what each candidate will do. And unfortunately when you look closely at the demographics of the independents, they don't care about the majority of social issues we care about. It will not be enough this election cycle to just be against Obama. That is how Obama won and I don't think that will fly this time. If the GOP primaries had produced a different candidate, maybe, but with Romney, no way. That guy has been all over every issue that I'm having a hard time taking the guy at face value.

4. JoAnn

Theresa H: Romney was not my first choice either, but he is my only choice for sure now. I wanted Santorum but evidently God had other plans. These people that are not going to vote or vote for a 3rd party are condemning this country to disastrous atrocities. If we lose freedom here, we will never taste it again. At least, not until we get to Heaven. Are you a senior citizen? You are very knowledgeable about history. Judy too. We must be the old people on this board. You would think some here would research our comments and find out for themselves. I have lived through what is happening before, so I recognize the deep trouble that we are in. The Bible says that the youth should listen to their elders for they are wise. I can't remember the exact place I saw it and I'm just pharaphrasing but maybe the youth should check that out. I'm not saying we are right or that we are the the last word on everything, but we do have age and experience on our side and we aren't totally daffy. God bless.

5. Theresa H

Judy, I fully agree with you that the Republican Party has its problems, too. Mitt Romney did not get my vote in the Primary, but he is certainly better for us than Obama. Indeed, we have seen enough indications (you identified several...) to conclude that Obama will utterly destroy us beyond recovery in a second term--unless we have a civil war.... I certainly pray it does not come to that, but I'm inclined to think that the "sleeping giant" (still, I think, the majority of the American people) will "wake up" if Obama is re-elected and endeavors to impose his entire "Agenda" on us--which I believe he will do if he gets a second term. O God, deliver us from evil. Amen!

6. JoAnn

Theresa H. & Judy: You are right, Theresa, It was Mother Teresa that said that. Theresa, look up Agenda 21 and download it, if you can. Also, look up the Communist Manifesto. Very educational reading. As a matter of fact, they are a MUST read, They are long and difficult to read but try anyway. Judy, I have already suggested the above reading to you. Have you done any research yet? The one-world governance is forming and it's almost complete. We are already under some United Nations laws. For example, Obama turning Arizona over for reprimanding from the UN when Jan Brewer started enforcing immigration laws. Another example, Obama no longer goes through the Congress about war tactics. He solicits the UN (international law) instead. Under the UN, we will no longer have borders. Which has been Obama's goal all along. He with his communist benefactors want an "Open Society." No borders anywhere in the world and flying under one flag. That's why Obama will not enforce Federal law in illegal immigrants. Now that the SC ruled that Arizona can ask for papers on a "legal" stop of immigrants, Obama has told ICE that they are to release any illegal immigrants sent to them. So why even pick them up? If you like to read, as I do, there is a book out called "The Communist." It is not about Obama but it is about the second father figure and mentor that has influenced Obama's thinking and life. It's about Frank Marshall Davis, a card carrying communist, who by the way, is on the FBI's security index. If you read this book, you will be amazed at the things Davis said that has already come directly out of Obama's mouth. Like for instance, "fundamental transformation", "clinging to God and guns" and more. Davis also hated Winston Churchill, and what did Obama do when he got in the WH. He boxed up the bust of Churchill (a gift from England) and sent it back to England. Davis also hated the Catholic Church. Said the Church was an obstacle to what they want to accomplish. Davis hated colonialism and capitalism, so does Obama. Anybody that reads this book, and their eyes are not opened, are just plain stupid. If they do recognize what's happening and still vote for Obama, they are unindicted co-conspirators to taking down America. God bless.

7. JoAnn

Rob: With its many flaws, the GOP is still the only party that is pro-life. If we had a 3rd independent party that we could depend on that would be great, but we don't! The flaw in the GOP is the "cancer" Progressivism. In 2010, we eliminated some of those tumors (flaws). With each election, little by little, we can get real conservatives back in the GOP. But that will take educating the voters about what and who the progressives are. Not by voting for a losing third party. Voting for a 3rd party that has no chance of winning is just plain foolish. I'll go further than that and say it is a downright sin. Grave sin at that. It's a back door vote for Obama. Maybe that's what some Catholic liberals will do. I see that as them trying to rationalize the situation.. They know that they can't vote for Obama because of his stance on the 5 non-negotiable issues, sooo, they think they are guiltless by not voting for Obama by voting for a "third party." Remember, God knows the heart. You CINO's out there that will vote for Obama, knowing that he is totally in oppostition to our Catholic Faith and you Catholics out there that think you can escape the judgement by voting for a person you know will not win, will have a lot to answer for when you stand before Jesus one day. God bless.

8. Theresa H.

"No nation can survive that kills its children." (I think it was Mother Teresa who said/predicted this; it is also an "oxymoron.") So whether the "end times" are here, or not, history proves that civilizations that kill their children don't survive. Somewhere, I also read that no nation before us has lasted more than 200 years (Ancient Rome, Egypt, etc.); they became overtly corrupt. We've become "too smart for our own britches!" (How many of us have heard that one from our parents sometime in our youth!?!) On top of all this, these sins against our children "cry to heaven" and there are millions and millions and millions of them!

9. Rob

But JoAnn, the GOP has had that majority and has had the ability to do something substantive on pro-life issues. I don't disagree they have a better record on the issue, but why on earth can they not pursue this issue as aggressively as they pursue tax cuts? I really do not believe they are pro-life. I believe they are abortion tolerant. Otherwise this would be a chief driver in their policy. It is not and until it is we are just kidding ourselves. But that is not a bad thing necessarily because I don't think Christ is sitting around waiting for the government to change the hearts and minds of people, he is waitng for us to do it. To be his hands and feet. In many ways I believe we are trying to transfer that responsibility to the government. Shame on us.

10. Henry

Faith is a fact and truth combined together which leads the way to Christ.