Time to Reboot Melinda Gates Comments

The problem with the "practicing Catholic" Melinda Gates is not in her end of desiring to improve the life for everyone.  This is a goal with which we of the household of faith will not be heard to quibble.  The problem is in the means she has selected to achieve that end.  She wants to teach parents in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia that, to "bring every good thing" to their children, they must practice vice. Continue Reading

1. Judy Claar

Rob, I think you misread me? You reiterated what I said. Perhaps I was unclear. Blessings...

2. TC Kimmel

Here's a pretty good breakdown of the subterfuge and finances of the Gates "eliminate the poor" trajectory.

3. Rob

Judy, as you have said on many posts, the only way we change the world is by following Jesus. Ms. Gates and our politicians who label themselves Catholic, need our prayers and fasting. And when necessary, our votes to support or change course. But we are called to forgiveness and love. Screaming is not going to draw them back in the fold, let alone to Christ.

4. Judy Claar

Catholics are not better, just different. That is, until they forget Jesus came for the sinner. And that we are all sinners. We have the Gift of Confession.... I know some of us think some sins are worse than others. How could they do it? Let alone, think it? But that, is where We are on Our journey. Others are not there. And it is for that very reason (and more), we cannot judge them. It is ESPECIALLY hard now for young people. My lesson was learned on my journey with Our Lady of Fatima. As a child I was drawn to her and the children. Since then, I Always pray for the Conversion of Sinners, the good of my own soul, my family, the world; and to convert the most hardened of hearts; and the Release of souls in purgatory. Yes, I am a firm believer in Rob's thought here. About forgiveness. And working from the inside out. Prayers...

5. Lucia

My brother attended mass at a local parish about 3 months ago, where members of the congregation literally left their pews and the church when the priest began his homily on contraception. Priests are afraid they will push people away if they speak about these controversial topics, but the truth needs to be told. My church is so active in re-evangelizing, but I heard of others that want no part in any of it. I know one church that has a weak re-evangelization program and it is my understanding that it will soon close. None of the parishioners were at all aware of the HHS Mandate at all. The priest there chose not to speak about religious freedom or the HHS mandate during his homily or put any information about it in the bulletin. My priest spoke openly about it and asked us to pray and fast. We even held Fortnight for Freedom events. It saddens me because the congregation of that church really need to know about these things, but instead nothing is said.

6. bluesuede

In the Old Testament it says that a poor man's wealth are his children.
    That being true, wouldn't contraception impoverish him even more?
    If cutting down the population of the poor is such a great idea, then why don't we see the poor fanatically promoting it?

Do the Gates' expect the poor, who accept their generous free contraception say, "Wow, thank you for killing us, great white lady".

7. Rob

Guys, this strategy also has to include a serious adult faith formation effort by the church. While all the information anyone wanted to know is out there, it does not give us a pass in providing opportunities to teach/evangelize. In fact, it seems like so much of the discussion is geared toward ejecting people from the church. I think that is totally contrary to what we are charged to do. We need to work harder at converting souls rather than punishing them. I've said this before, but coming up on my 40th birthday, it's pretty darn disturbing that I've never heard a homily on contraception. And from what I've read on blogs, I'm not alone. While we all can access the teachings (no arguement against self motivation from me), but the church and our bishops need to get serious about these teachings if they want the flock to take them seriously. We have teachers to teach....

8. Lucia

Catholicism isn't a social club. This is a devout way of living with precise and sound tradition, practices, doctrine and discipline. To say that she is going to hell because she is not a practicing Catholic IS imposing judgement. We are not God and have no right to say such things.. Saying she is not Catholic and should not be claiming to be one because she publicly does not accept Church teaching is NOT judgement. She is working against the Church and as far as I am concerned, that is not what practicing Catholics do. She and many other so-called Catholics (Biden and Pelosi) are misleading, misguiding and hurting the Church. They are wolves in sheep's' clothing. If they are Catholic, what does that make people who fully embrace the Church in her entirety? We can pray for these people, however, that they may fully embrace the Church in Her entirety.

9. Catholic at heart

Bill and Melinda Gates have embraced the forbidden fruit and just want to share it. Their judgement day is coming and we all need to reject what looks, smells and feels evil of intent. Bless all those who welcome, embrace and love all the children whom our Great Maker invites to our earth.

10. Rosalie

@Diane, agreed. It's time to start pulling these weeds up by the roots.