James Fulton: First Alleged Miracle Toward the Beatification of Venerable Fulton Sheen Comments

One year ago today I delivered my son, a stillborn.   For a moment he was placed in my arms quiet, blue, and limp.  The midwife and her assistant then took him from me and began CPR.  They could not find a pulse.  He did not breathe.  They stopped working on him so they could call time of death.  My little boy, James Fulton, 9lbs and 12oz, had been without a pulse for 61 minutes.  Everyone stopped ... Continue Reading

1. Judy Claar

It's about time! How I love this man. How we need him today more than ever! He would know how to speak in a child's language or college language or anywhere in between! I remember after he spoke in a theater, he wrote in one of his books: ( A man came up to me and said,
    "Illuminating Father, Simply Illuminating", to which he replied: "What did I say, pray tell?" The man, dumbfounded by his question, could not come up with a syllable. Fulton Sheen, then took his hand in his and said, "The reason I asked you that question, is so I could prove to myself how much God is trying to humble me. Don't you see? If I had used words that were not so much above your head, you would have been able to answer me". Sighs of relief, and color of peaceful comfort returned to the man whom Fulton Sheen had questioned.) This of course is my memory, and it has always served me well. I thought I'd share a bit of his style of writing if you haven't read him. I too was a little girl who's family always had the black and white T.V. going in the front room. Fulton Sheen knew that WE are all Called to be Saints. Prayerful Blessings

2. Eleanor and Elaine Bersano

All followers of the wise Bishop Sheen should pray for his beatification and more.
    This story about Little James is truly heart-warming! God bless him, his parents, and all who strived to save James and trusted in prayer and believed a miracle was possible!
    This up-lifting, life-affirming story is the best news we have read about in a thousand days..
    God bless, Praise the Lord Jesus,
    Sisters: Eleanor and Elaine Bersano

3. Robert Burford

As a child in the 50's I remember the good bishops weekly TV show. He had an "angel" cleaning the blackboard. Isn't amazing that an entire nation could be revited by his teaching. Hopefully this little angel will grow up to be another teacher of God's word.

4. Zill

I am a great fan of Bishop Fulton Sheen and listen to his talks every Sunday evening on EWTN and have read some of his books. While thanking God for this wonderful miracle of James Fulton, it should encourage Americans as well as Catholics all over the world to pray for Bishop Sheen's intercession for the American people at this particular time to attain freedom of conscience and freedom to practice their religion which is in serious jeopardy.

5. terry

Glory Be To God.very touching story, made me cry.The power of Jesus thro' the saints is real.keep up the faith.ad may the Little James Grow up to Glorify The name of God and walk in the steps of the Arc.bishop.blessings

6. mikem

thanks so much for this. Now another miracle ! I think extending the prayer list to include so many other people is a very important part of the story. I would like the Deacon here to think about how real needs can be addressed by real people praying....how this site can help.?

7. Jerzy Gawor

Wonderful news!

We need Archbishop Fulton Sheen to be Canonized - truely a Saint for our times!

'God Bless you all!!!!'

8. kathy

Aw, what a wonderful article. God bless them all!

9. jh

I have always loved Archbishop Sheen, and by chance, was thinking of him this afternoon. He had mentioned in one of his talks, for the purpose of correction, the song, "I've Got to be Me." He said, "No,...we've got to be His."

10. Michael D. Mann

Maybe the Bishop is working overtime in heaven. Thank you God.

Last Friday, June 29,2012, I wrote a letter to our Archbishop here in Oregon, saying I thought to turn America's secular culture around we needed more American saints. Sunday I heard of Bishop Sheen's cause, it gave me a great sense of joy and hope, I wouldn't say a miracle but I would say a true blessing. So, thank Bishop Sheen for your intercessions! Please, continue to help us turn America's secular culture around and make America the kind of nation you envisioned and worked to build.