Fr. Johannes Jacobse: The Republic is Finished and the America We Knew is Gone Comments

With the decision that Obamacare will stand as the law of the land means that America - home of the brave, land of the free - is no more. This great country, the one to whom all great refugee movements of the world for over two centuries saw as the light to escape poverty, political bondage, and hopelessness now turns its back on that legacy of freedom for what will, in a very short time, amount a bowl of pottage. The turn to tyranny won't ... Continue Reading

1. SaraPalen

and if you like the way they keep track of guns, just wait til they start tracking your kids medical records, to make things look the way they want. (Kinda gives me the warm fuzzies). But, it's not the end of anything by far. There are other law suits in the works. Besides that, people need to say enough is enough. Obama, you lied to the American people. Just words, just speeches. Other dictators have made many words and speeches under color of law. Some were real big into healthy living too, yet destroyed freedom. Obama you are not doing anything original or new,( like you accuse the opposition of not doing). These words and speeches of yours are only stale ideologies gussied up in a fresh new sauce to hide the stink and the rot. It's gonna give America a bad case of gastroenteritis. Do we want Dr. Obama, a man making decisions above his pay grade. I say NO. America, just say NO.

2. Joe

Let's be on fire and protest this injustice but not loose all hope that all is lost. This isn't the first time the nation has faced such morally problematic issues. Consider the age of slavery and Supreme Court decisions like Dread Scott. Many states under the 10th amendment told the Federal government back then to basically 'shove it'. We still have a voice in this matter. The Southern Baptists, the second largest Christian group, are also behind us on this and most of the South will not vote for Obama in November. If we can only get the nominal Catholics to wake up to what's going on in liberal states like New York and all of New England. We need to preach to the choir constantly between now and elections.

3. Rob

This article is very well written, however it isn't supported by facts. It's a wonderful expression of opinion, but it doesn't support the claims it makes and barely makes a claim at that.

4. Robert

It is truly a very sad day in America. Our country can only be saved by the next election.
    If you are Catholic and vote for Obama again, I will pray for your soul.

Hoorah if you are a social jusctice lunatic.

Freedom is dead! Morality is dead! The democrats will help the poor stay poor and shred morallity and the Constitution of the United States.

A vote for Obama = support for abortion!, gay marriage! homosexuality agenda in schools! goodbye to freedom of religion! Freedom of religion will be changed to Freedom of worship!
    goodbye to citizenship, goodbye to borders, goodbye to Israel, goodbye to personal property, goodbye to charitable contribution!

As of today, I pay taxes to my government and therefore, I provide healthcare for everyone, food stamps for millions, unemployment for over one hundred weeks, my citizenship is almost meaningless except to assist in the IRS locating me, I house the poor, I provide transportation to the poor.

I believe I have fulfilled my faith's call to be charitable. If the Catholic Church continues to support the democratic taxing party, I will pay the democratic taxes thus making Church's charities redundant.

A few lines to consider:
    1. "If a man does not work a man shall not eat."
    2. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you."
    3. "Freedom of Religion is our most cherished freedom."

Questions to consider:
    1. Is pregnancy a disease?
    2. Can a country lead by corrupt immoral men survive?
    3. Will my parish priest speak out and defend my religious freedom?
    4. When they come to take the Catholics away will they know I am Catholic?

Freedom!!!!

5. Debbie

Father, you are wiser than many people know. This indeed is evil at work. I, too, pray this is not the beginning of the end. People need to wake up and start understanding the inherent evil at work in the world. Today, If we do not change the course we are on, it will be too late.

6. Jennifer

Sobering words, Father. Bitter, indeed. It seems in some ways we're back to where we started, and it's 1774 again. Except this time, there's no new land to flee to and start over.