Follow that Cardinal! Dolan's Message at Time Top 100 Banquet Shows Us How to Evangelize Comments

He is willing to contend with those who are hostile toward the Church, but always does so with velvet gloves and a heart filled with the desire to introduce them to the Lord and insert them, through the waters of Baptism, into the Body of Christ - as his brothers and sisters! He confounds his opponents with Truth and wins them over with the Love of God. Continue Reading

1. Reverend Mother Sister Jacqueline Dolan
    6 months ago

This is Reverend Mother Sister Jacqueline Dolan and I want to address the name, (Reverend Mother Sister Jacqueline Corcoran), this is not my name any more, I thought I would address it because, I do not want my name to appear as, ( Reverend Mother Sister Jacqueline Corcoran). I would like this fixed if all possible. My name is Reverend Mother Sister Jacqueline Dolan and only that name, Please.

2. blacksheep09

I don't envy the good Bishop's mission, as a convert from the Southern Baptist it seems we as a body have truely messed up Holy living. God has a way of placing whom He wants and I think Cardinal Dolan has the makings of a good leader. I'll pray may God sustain his wisdom and may the American Church pay attention.

3. DLL

Christ presented himself to those of faith after the resurrection for 50 days,illuminating their spirits and educating them to the true meaniing of the scriptures as they pertained to himself,then ascended to heaven. Those with faith received the power of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. My point is that after eleven years of going to Mass every Sunday,a convert,never missing Mass,I understand just what Cardinal Dolan is talking about. I am a person of faith,a Holy Catholic Faith and in communion with a Church full of people of the same Faith. Through the Holy Spirit Christ is present in the Eucharist. This knowledge doesn't come easily. Those without faith think Jesus died on the cross and that was the end. Christ did not appear to those content to be left alone without faith.They have no Easter and they are incapable of understanding the real meaning of Easter,to them it is a holiday celebrating the beginning of Spring. Easter egg hunts,chocolate bunnies and such.. For those without faith,to see someone rise from the dead,would be like seeing an alien from another planet,simply a circus oddity. I love the Cardinals toast but to most there the toast was ??????????????????!

4. techwreck

Helen, I'm sorry that you were offended by my "snarky" comment, but I don't know what that term means. ...... The reason I asked the question was because I wanted the comments of other posters about whether they had been asked to support a government universal health care program by the USCCB, the Catholic bishops organization headed by Cardinal Dolan. I received a request to contact my representatives in Congress from Catholic Conference of my diocese that referred me to a USCCB web page. The Catholic bishops were indeed asking Catholics to support universal health care, so it strikes me as strange that they would support a government program and then oppose parts of it. ...... As a Catholic it puzzled me that the bishops would ask the government to handle what Christ told us, His followers, to do. That is, to care for those less fortunate than ourselves. How are the fortunate going to feel the love of Christ if they are cared for by a secular government? ...... PS If health care is "universal" it includes any definition of the poor.

5. Lawrence Nyankwarara

Thank you so much Your Eminence for a wonderful message,it real inspires mostly those who have not known Jesus Christ.
    You are the Apostle whom Jesus chose to look after His ship.
    May God bless you abundantly.

6. Reverend Mother Sister Jacqueline Corcoran

Cardinal Dolan is doing that which is right in the Eyes of God. That is what being in the Priesthood is about.

7. Helen Hawkins

Dear Techwreck,

I see the snarky expression "just asking" many times on blogs and other places. I really dislike that expression. You stated that the Bishops have asked President Obama to care for the poor. There are twol things that I ask of you. Please clarify the term "the poor"? "The poor" is one of those loaded terms that can mean anything from those who are homeless to the lower middle income families. Also could you provide documentation showing how, where and when the Bishops asked President Obama to care for the poor?

8. Larry

I agree, Dolan reminds me of what it would we should all be like. I hope this year he makes an effort to travel the U.S. stopping at every major city along the way and hopefully more. The message is simple, chose life, freedom, family. He can get the voters stirred up I believe second only to the Pope.

9. Andrew

A man for our times!

10. techwreck

I certainly agree that Cardinal Dolan is a man of grace and courage and a able leader of the U.S. Catholic Church. But, when he asks me to lobby my representatives in Congress for government run health care, I have to ask in what direction is he trying to lead us? ...... Christ never said anything about Caesar caring for the poor. He told me to do it! ...... So, why are the Cardinal and the majority of U.S. bishops asking Obama to care for the poor (,but to do it according to the teaching of the Church)? Just asking!