'Roman catholic Womenpriests' Attempts Ordination of Woman, Bishop Coyne Responds Comments

On Sunday April 15, 2012, the Feast of Divine Mercy, a 71 year old former nun named Maria Thornton McClain attempted to be ordained as a Catholic Priestess by the laying on of hands of Maria Regina Nicolosi, who pretends to be a Roman Catholic Bishop. The event took place at Friedens United Church of Christ on the south side of Indianapolis. Continue Reading

1. Judy

My dear brother Michael, methinks you are taking it a bit too far. JoAnn, methinks you stated everything in order in its most simplest form for Thomas to understand. However, My other brothers and sisters added a wealth of info as well. Like, I did not know John, that the Rosary was a cultural tradition. My family have always prayed the Rosary. The Popes and saints I read about always have a Rosary tradition. And it is always said at church before mass. All the priests I have been w/on group road trips, retreats, always pray the Rosary. Sooo, I would like to be enlightened about it being "a cultural tradition". I taught CCD for eons. I have belonged to different parishes in different states. And this comes as a real surprise. Please illuminate me! We are all students and teachers on this board. Happy to see all supporting our Holy Father!
    Easter Blessings...

2. alan

This is too funny. all the hip-60s nuns and former nuns should have gone out with McGovern.

3. Phil, OFS (Secular Franciscan Order)

Articles like this should never refer to priestesses or female bishops in any other way then as self-declared, or self-described since no one involved in these farces have any power to confer any office on these women.

4. Rob

I don't see why we care. They aren't the only religious groups that reject the teachings of the Church. They can join the other 30,000 Christian denominations that reject the chruch.

5. michael

This past Holy Thursday, countless Catholic parishes invited women to be a part of the mandatum, i.e., the foot washing ceremony representing Christ's act of love at the Last Supper with His Apostles, the first priests, the first bishops of His Kingdom the Catholic Church. In addition, females can serve at the altar, handle the sacred vessels and cruets, as well as distribute Holy Communion and act as lectors. At one time...and still to this day by the way...all these acts were clerical in nature and only for chosen, consecrated men. Even in the modern Church, only men can be ordinary lectors and only deacons and priests and bishops are ordinary ministers of Holy Communion. We will continue to have such acts of disobedience and sacrilege as long as we have the practice of women in the sanctuary. How we pray is how we believe. Orthodoxy and orthopraxis are so connected. Women don't belong in the sanctuary during liturgy, period. I might add, as well, that married men...uncelibate men...don't belong there either ordinarily speaking. Any theophany...any meeting with God demands consecration and chastity whether in Old or New Testament times. It's time for a Maccabean reform movement...clean out the sanctuary...put the altar rails back up...and tell the women to take their proper place in the pews, representing the bride of Christ. The Bridegroom alone belongs in the Holy of Holies.

6. Mike Malone

Thomas,

No one is lying my friend. This is all a matter of context. There have never been female priests in the Catholic Church. Christ didn't even ordain Mary as a priest when he ordained the apostles at the Last Supper. Yes, in the past the there have been some married priests and in fact there are about 100 married priests within the U.S. Church. These priests joined the Catholic Church from a protestant faith community and were married at the time they came into the Catholic Church. However, if their spouses die they cannot remarry. Priestly celibacy is a small 't' tradition and it could change...but I believe it is unlikely to do so.

So you need not look for a liar....just be sure to have the full context.

7. Troy

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves." Matthew 7:15

8. AfroMalawian

Really 'playing the church'...just reminding me of my childhood when we could pretend to be priests, with my own church(of 4-5 kids) and a car(molded by clay)!

9. Stephen

That this took place at a United Church of Christ is telling. The United Church and Unitarians have been at the forefront of the samesex "marriage" agenda. The United Church and Unitarians have been the front for the "civil rights" and "human rights" agenda: Rights for abortion, euthanasia, homosexuality, samesex, and now "Catholic" female priest ordination. All "civil rights" emerging from the 1789 French Revolution down to this day. These liberals are exactly the internal enemies Our Lady of Fatima warned about!

10. Gertrude Helfta

Please join the Holy Father in prayer for all the men God is calling to the priesthod. Even if we don't understand, God's choice is always best. This month I anticipate an overwhelming number of men requesting to be ordained. These men will find they won't be able to resist! God always gets the last word!