President Obama Makes Video Vowing to Protect Planned Parenthood Comments

Our current President has made his position crystal clear and has demonstrated time and time again that he will always defend Planned Parenthood; he will always defend abortion-on-demand, without restriction; he will always promote the culture of death.  He will even shred the constitutional rights of the Catholic Church and all people of faith.  Continue Reading

1. Juneau Alaska

DLL:

I don't believe your stories as I am not a person of faith. However, I will support protecting your ability to hold whatever beliefs you like so long as they don't harm others.

I support the Establisment Cause of the Constitution outlining the strict separation between State and Church. I do not support the notion of a theocracy in the USA. I send money to groups to protect the First Amendment, not unlike other groups who protect the 2nd amendment.

You stated:
    "It can't hurt if governments of this world would agree to be obedient to God, but it doesn't unfortunately seem likely,especially as the governments are all in mass refusing to believe in the existence of God. What does government hope that one would believe in a world without God? Obviously that your government is a god and all must believe and comply or die.

Comply or die? Excuse me, that's an interesting take on civilization. Comply or die sounds more like Yahweh than a postal worker.

DLL, human civilization has been becoming less violent over the course of our species existence. Violence against women, children and animals is statistically down. Slavery is unacceptable. And on, and on. The trend away from violence is documented in Prof.Steven Pinker's recent gargantuan, evidence-based book, "The Better Angels of our Nature."

Thank you for your thoughts.

2. Theresa H.

President Obama is/has been devoted to Planned Parenthood for years. And not only is he all for killing babies, if he gets a second term, it will be the same for all of us--at any age--if/when we fail to contribute to society something deemed worthwhile....Just wait for what's coming in the Patient Affordable Health Care Act via Obama's "Doctor Panels" who will decide whether or not we should be allowed what our personal physician has prescribed in consultation with us...!
    "Our Father, .........................deliver us from evil. Amen!"

3. DLL

Juneau Alaska:The Kingdom of Heaven is not of this world. The world is a world of sin and sinners and all have sinned. We must work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Christ is the Way,Truth and the Life. Christ died on the Cross so that we could be forgiven sin and that all could learn to love one another as we love ourselves and as Christ loves all of us. Governments in time rise and fall. They are of the world of sin. All who live in sin die in their sins. The Divine Government is an Eternal One of Mercy and Charity governed by God and God alone,Father Son, and Holy Spirit. We are learning to forsake sin and to be purified for a life eternal with God forever. God is Love,Love never Dies. It can"t hurt if governments of this world would agree to be obedient to God,but it doesn't unfortunately seem likely,especially as the governments are all in mass refusing to believe in the existence of God. What does government hope that one would believe in a world without God? Obviously that your government is a god and all must believe and comply or die. Rome was never resurrected from the dead or their Caesar,Christ is the Resurrection and the Life the only way to God the Father of us all,if you believe that than I believe that you are governed by the power of The Holy Spirit. Happy Easter. Rob: The government is against the Catholic Church and the Faith. It is threatened by law suits. You as an individual can say and write about what you think the Church is afraid to discuss. This is a good website to express your concerns.

4. Theresa H.

Rob, I must say, I agree with you.... Our Bishop here, spoke out once or twice after Cardinal Dolan spoke up, and a copy of his letter was in every Bulletin in every parish in our Diocese at that time. But, we haven't heard any more since....People won't "get it" if they don't keep hearing it repeated by our Bishops and priests. Yes, it may be that some will leave the Church--since they don't "agree" with Church teaching re. abortion and contraception. But the truth must be preached: St. Paul didn't worry about what people might think or do--He was pressed hard to "Preach the word...in season and out of season!" We need to see that kind of conviction in our local Church leaders!

5. Rob

I don't disagree with you DLL, but why such silence as to the confusion? Clearly they must see that their flocks are in chaos? Why no reaction to this?

6. Juneau Alaska

DLL, thanks for the reply. Could you kindly respond to my question? Do you want the USA to be a theocracy?

And if I may have a follow up question or two, which religion should head it up? If no, why not?

Thanks,

Mike

7. DLL

Rob: It is Christ who speaks through His Holy Catholic Church. The Pope,Bishops and the Priests are instruments of the Church that teach doctrine. At Mass it is Christ who speaks and acts through the Liturgy of the Word and the Eucharist. The people on this website are getting Church teachings and proper Church positions on issues of abortion and other social issues. These are the ones who attend Mass and they are letting Christ speak to their hearts. Divine Law is what the Church teaches. Civil Law is common law and that is what a lawyer is supposed to know. There is the separation of Church and state. Both Divine and common law are supposed to agree on at least basic moral law. The problem is that basic moral law is changing for common laws but Divine law is the same as it has always been. If the Church is standing by it's basic Divine Law teachings than it is doing it's job well. Common law has changed the very meaning of freedom to mean something that is ill defined and suited to a current and variable view of what is right and wrong. It is the common law that is failing and the cause for division and confusion.

8. Rob

"The Catholic Church does not wish to be a party to the abomination of contraceptive and abortive practices." While I agree that appears to be the direction of things, I would argue that the Chruch's failure in teaching in this area is almost contrary to this statement. And oddly enough, I still hear nothing about an initiative to do better in this area. No year of teaching life or letters asking pastors to ramp up their efforts on preaching in this area. Just lawsuits and political speeches. Meanwhile the souls they are charged to shepard have clearly drifted. Are they looking for them?

9. Edward M Kennedy

I am ashamed to admit that I voted for Barack Obama!! At that time, I foolishly thought that he truly represented a race long oppressed by slavery and denial of fundamental human rights; I thought that, with the grace of God, he would be a shining example of all that is good and true in this great land of ours. How mistaken I was! He has proven himself to be the shining example of the "culture of death" and a disgrace to his noble race! He is - in an imperial fashion - intent on destroying the right to life guaranteed by our US Constitution. I call on my fellow Americans to make sure, in the forthcoming Elections, that this "false prophet" is far removed from the "Oval Office" I ask God to forgive me for my stupidity and lack of clear judgment when I voted for Barack Obama in the last Elections. Obama makes the tragedy of the Holocaust pale into insignificance! Wake Up, America !!!

10. DLL

DICTIONARY......Secular:concerning those not members of the clergy. [adjective]
    theocracy:a political unit governed by a deity[or a government thought to be divinely guided]. The belief in government by divine guidance.
    OPINION......The secular press is not of the clergy OBVIOUSLY they are MSNBCFOX NEWS>CBS>etc.. The only theocracy that I see is a government thought to be divinely guided by the one who acts like he is divine and that is President Obama.
    I hope this helps Juneau Alaska.
    Separation of Church and State does not mean the separation of God from HIS CREATION,it is the individual man and woman who find their inspiration,faith and conversion,through Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross alone,as they profess a Christian faith. In no way can any society mandate faith in God as it is a personal revelation and an illumination of God's ever presence,as well as illuminating,forgiving,loving and beneficial to ones salvation from sin.. Faith should be respected as it is an influence on a way that a person thinks and acts in accordance with his/her faith in God. Good behavior for a Christian is a self regulated agreed upon behavior in accordance with and under the guidance of the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. As for other religions ask them. I personally believe that The Holy Spirit is guiding all people to God wether they know it or not and this is because I think every human life is very valuable as well as the President though I hardly agree with him on many of his political viewpoints.