Are the Girl Scouts Right for Catholic Girls? Comments

Girl Scouts is an organization that has always committed itself to teaching girls wholesome skills, such as self-respect, the ability to communicate effectively with other people, and the tools for leadership. Or so we thought. Parents send their daughters to Girl Scouts because it has the reputation of being a program that instills values and builds character, but it has become increasingly clear recently that parents, especially Catholic ... Continue Reading

1. Vance

Judy, it's hard not to support the GS of A. I just bought cookies from them. I believe it was a year ago when I read an article that reported GS of A had a table at a convention that displayed Pro-Abortion material. I do remember back in the 1970's when Feminism was running rampant, the GS of A leadership announced that they were "Changing" to reflect the times. I hope that good people like and others can 'Take Back' the GS of A from the sick perverts of the Liberal Establishment. It will require a concerted effort but it is doable. It is a shame that such a fine American Institution was infected like 'Little Germs' from the sick pervert Left.

2. Theresa H.

I sure hope the USCCB are aware of this and bring it to the attention of our priests and all the members of the parishes in their dioceses. We can't afford another generation of ill-catechized and uninformed parents in matters pertaining to the sound education of their children in matters of faith and morals, The Girl Scouts have always been held in high esteem; ignorance of the change in their "value-system" will be devastating!

3. P Naylor

Follow this link to the American Heritage Girls and the Boy Scouts of America - these two youth groups have a memo of cooperation and support each other. The Girl Scouts have no cooperation or coordination with the Boy Scouts of America because their values and mission are completely different. The GSofA have programs that are not in keeping with catholic teaching. Save your money, don't buy the cookies, go to the American Heritage Girls website and support their programs.

4. Judy

DOES ANYONE wish to respond to the questions that I asked the G. S. leader of 25 years that is Catholic? I would really like Someone to prove this article wrong. My daughter would as well. Especially since she told me that our Church supports a G.S. Sunday once a year. If this is true, (and why wouldn't it be on C. O.) perhaps our Church needs to be aware of Changes. Changes that seem to creep in like invisible germs. We really desire this article to be false. But as our Church still supports them, it gives rise to second thoughts. Waiting...

5. Michelle

I feel sorry for the young girls and their poor mothers standing outside our Walmart every weekend trying to sell their cookies like beggars. They are so lost, soooo lost. Peddling cookies to earn a few bucks for a camping trip or some badges while the organization gets the majority of the cookie sale is stupid. Trash the cookies and take your daughters camping yourselves...it's not that expensive. However, on the flip-side of this stupidity is wickedness. Setting cute little girls on these sidewalks to peddle crummy cookies, taking advantage of them and their mothers by giving them a token pittance for the sales, and then using that money to fund ugly agendas is wicked to the core. Stupidity and wickedness. Obviously I don't buy the cookies, lol!

6. vance

Rob, It sounds as though the 'Sicko's' are well entrenched in the National Leadership of the Girl Scouts. It would take a concerted effort on the part of Christians to "Take Back" the organization and run it according to it's original Mission Statement - Good Citizenship and Duty to God and Country. I'm out of the loop as far as the Girl Scout go. I do hope that there are Christians who have young daughters that can help make the change. As you know, the Pervert Liberal Establishment has targeted the Boy Scouts and Girl Scout for a long time. These organizations represent "Goodness", "Wholesomeness", "Purity", "Patriotism", "Godliness". These are what the sick Liberal Establishment hate and loath.

7. Judy

Catholic Girl Scout Leader: I read your interesting article. It seems to be drowning in this article and sea of G.S. posts. However, I am open, (even though I posted according to what I read), to your response, making the alligations of and in above said article untrue. Especially in regard to Journey books for 4th and 5th graders, aMUSE, Simply Maria, and so on. The authors speak for themselves. I grew up w/them. GREAT MUSES and ROLE MODELS for young girls! (Yes, dear readers, I am being sarcastic). Also, I would like to hear your viewpoint on Planned Parenthood. I am glad that you are Catholic. Yet, not all Catholics think alike or even according to the Church. These are new changes and you have been in G. S. for a long time. Perhaps you did not know about these changes? Blessings...

8. Judy

Times Change don't they? Never thought I would see this! P.P., Obamacare, Abortion, etc., taught by our beloved Girl Scouts! My, how Sodom & G. keep rearing their heads in America where they were not seen before. I aught to know, I just passed my 60 mark not long ago.And yes, I was a Girl Scout. When I was in, one was taught to respect all religions, due their duty to God and country, and things one thinks of when thinking G. S. (This is way out)! A question to Catholic Girl Scout Leader of 25 yrs. follows. Blessings...

9. Rob

Matt, I pay taxes. The ship sailed long ago as to what I inadvertantly fund. But maybe some of you who feel strongly about it can take up the cause and change the organization? vance?

10. Vance

This isn't the first article about this subject. It doesn't surprise me that the sick Marxist would infiltrate and take over an American Institution like the Girl Scouts of America. What a shame. It would behoove a person to be involved with their daughters if they decided to let their girls join the organization. I would find an alternative girls organization that promotes Catholic values.