NY Times accused of anti-Catholic bigotry, cowardice Comments

Sometimes what you don't say reveals as much as what you do say. Following the New York Time's publication of an ad that constitutes a direct, frontal attack on the Catholic Church on behalf of the atheist group Freedom From Religion Foundation, the Times has refused to run a nearly identical ad criticizing Islam.  Continue Reading

1. Joseph Geleney

Catholics won't blow themselves up in front of NYT's HQ. That's why they can publish the from FFRF and the other from SION. NYT has become nothing but cowardly "yellow journalism."

2. Bulbajer

If the Times has a bias, then it is a liberal bias, I have to agree. But refusing to publish an ad that might incite violence was the right decision. Fortunately, the extremist Catholic movement is nothing compared to the extremist Islamic movement, so I doubt any atheists will be assaulted. And about Pamela Geller: you should read about her. A very interesting nuthole.

3. anne

Come on catholics if we all just said the rosary every day as requested by heaven Our Lady of Fatima in 1917, we would see a shift in the worlds faith and values, there are 1 billion Catholics.
    Lucia one of the visionaries of fatima said there is no problem the rosary cannot overcome.
    Evil flourishes when good men do nothing and Our Lord said he would spit out he lukewarm!
    Catholics, commit yourselves to saying the Rosary every day. Parents, if your children have fallen away from the faith, start the Family Rosary.
    To all faithful, increase your Rosaries, Mass,confession Adoration.
    Let's take back our land.
    I promise to say my Daily Rosary,
    Who will join me,
    God bless you all,
    Jacinta

4. David Carlon

The NY Times is a Herodian rag published by reformed pagan Jews that would have died without an infusion of capital from Lebanese-Mexican and world's wealthiest human creature, multi-billionaire, Carlos Slim... My pet macaw, Tiburcio prefers to line his cage with another bronze age snooze fest... aka the Arizona Repugnant, er, Arizona Republic.

5. vance

New York Times anti-Catholic? Who would think such a thing? After all, they are one of the chief publications from the Marxist Media Complex. NYT is the mouth piece for the Marxist Democrat Party and the chief propagandist for the Liberal Establishment. Anything anti-American and anti-Christ is propped up by the NYT. I would hope all Catholics leave the NYT were it belongs, in the newspaper rack.

6. Rob

Would it be ok to say, so what? I feel like sometimes we don't believe Christ when he said the gates of hell will not prevail against our church. Who cares what the atheist are saying? If we don't want to lose nominal Catholics, then let's get to work evangelizing them.