I Choose No Contraception, so Why am I Paying For It? This is Really a Mandate Against Life Comments

Caring for a pregnant woman is expensive.  Caring for children is even more expensive.  Preventing their existence is cheap.  Destroying them in the womb is a money-saving act in the long run. This kind of thinking is what this mandate is really all about. This kind of thinking will kill us. Continue Reading

1. Wendell

The contraception and abortion pushers are first of all firm believers that the world is overpopulated. They actually think that they are doing good by eliminating human beings. Therefore, don't expect "free" cancer or heart medicine because those might prolong your life.

Only God knows the optimum population of the earth. In the meantime we should follow His first spoken command to the human race, "Increase and multiply and fill the earth..."

2. Larryglarryb@gmail.com

Deffinitely one for the archives.

3. Stephany

All I can say is "Wow", Jennifer. You have really nailed it!. I too, have wondered since this discussion began why women don't just go to PP for their "pills", considering the government has given them hundreds of millions of dollars to promote sexual activity, contraception and abortion.
    This Dictator in Chief is definitely moving fast to silence the voice of the Church, the one bastion of morality that has stood the test of time. My statement includes not only my Catholic Church but truly Christian churches throughout this land, who use and have followed the moral code for centuries. Obama knows the Church has a strong moral strength, in spite of it's weak and wimpy members. The
    Church is the only obstacle in the path of Obama and his minions in his quest for dominance and power. Liberals may be offended by this stark charge, but the truth is exposed for all to see. This war is more than politics, it is Spiritual Warfare out in the open. I just hope that Catholics and other Christian denomination will step onto this battlefield and fight the good fight for the souls that Jesus gave His life to save. For the souls are the real victims here. This is a fight against satan and all the evil spirits that prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls, out in the open. He must be defeated.

4. D

Jennifer you have perfectly articulated what I think needed to be spoken. Please consider submitting your article to Yahoo news so the religiously apathetic people out there can get a glimpse of their faulty logic. God bless!

5. JeanCatherine

Jennifer does it again!!! Thank you for your input always. Your information that we need in this day and age.

I agree wholeheartedly and I dont have children and I dont contracept but Im a housekeeper and why should have to pay for someone else? I shouldnt have to. I work and support the system already. I do work most people wont even touch in this country. I also dont make that much doing it either. Yet the government wants me to pay for contraception, sterilization and abortifacients for others.

The reason I dont have kids is because I didnt want them to have a mother who doesnt make enought to support them. That was and is my choice.

6. jeniffer

Sorry but forgot to add one more thing (age creeping up). Not only is the government trying to break down the church but also within.I have heard comments on outside sources of some indivduals belonging to the church that the "compromise" is acceptable. Turmoil is just what the government wants. I believe many churches will have splits as more of the government agenda is pushed.

7. Michael Seagriff

No fuzzy thinking here! Thank you for using the gifts God gave you to make a difference in this battle for the salvation of souls

Astonishing where rational thinking and common sense leads one!

I am passing this on to everyone I can. I hope others will do so likewise.

Michael Seagriff

8. jeniffer

First of all, I am not Catholic but as I have said before I support you on this and hope ALL that consider their faith an important part of their life support your church. It is not about birth control but control of the church. As a nurse it is part of my being to consider All faiths when caring for others. I have cared for Jehova's Witness members that were strictly against blood. It would be against my ethics to force blood on someone against it. Yet that is what the government is doing. If this is allowed it could make any church forced to go against what it believes. Also, I work for a Catholic hospital. We are well aware contraception is not paid for. I don't see a lack of places to obtain low cost or free contraception. As far as sterilization, there is a clinic that will perform it on an outpatient basis since the hospital will not perform it. I never heard anyone complain.

I think the saddest part is the government's statement that caring for the pregnant woman and children are expensive. Kind of tells you what they think of life.

We said prayers in church yesterday supporting the Catholic church and hope all churches are doing this.

9. angela holmes

Best article yet! Everyone needs to read this. Now if only our priests will stand together and say this from the pulpit!

10. Jim

Pope Paul VI warned us of the consequences of contraception in Humanae Vitae--all of which have come to pass: "Let them first consider how easily this course of action could open wide the way for marital infidelity and a general lowering of moral standards.... Another effect that gives cause for alarm is that a man who grows accustomed to the use of contraceptive methods may forget the reverence due to a woman, and, disregarding her physical and emotional equilibrium, reduce her to being a mere instrument for the satisfaction of his own desires.... Finally, careful consideration should be given to the danger of this power passing into the hands of those public authorities who care little for the precepts of the moral law."