Game On! Rick Santorum Scores Big in the Iowa Caucus in a Stunning 8 Vote Spread Comments

In one of the closest and most dramatic Caucus votes in US history, Senator Rick Santorum shocked the political establishment  - and captured the Nations attention -  in a stunning come from behind near victory in the Iowa Caucus of 2012. At the end of a very long evening he stepped to the microphone and exclaimed,"Game On". Continue Reading

1. rafaelmarie

RICK SANTORUM 2012!!!

2. JoAnn

Michael: I can help you with one of your questions. Why did Santormum back Specter? He did that for one reason. Specter was the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. Alito and Roberts were going before the Committee for confirment to the Supreme Court. Specter promised he would get Alito and Roberts through. That's why Santorum backed him. As you know the SC is most influencial in what direction the country will go. We needed conservative prol-life judges on the SC and Santorum helped get them there. God bless.

3. Eddie

The next three primaries (NH, SC, and FL) should decide it. Mitt Romney is polling at 43% to Rick Santorum's 6% in New Hampshire. With 1 week to go it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Romney will win a state where only 21% of Republicans surveyed by the LA Times consider themselves "very conservative" and less than a fourth of likely primary voters are evangelicals.
    South Carolina looks to be the most interesting since it is more conservative than NH and Newt Gingrich is polling well (so far) so it's hard to tell where the very conservative / evangelical vote will go. Mitt Romney will probably hold off attacking Santorum in the hopes that Santorum and Gingrich will split that voting block.
    Florida should be an amazing media campaign. With expensive media markets Romney and his super PAC allies have the money to carpet bomb whoever he wants to. It worked like a charm in Iowa bringing down Gingrich. If it works in FL I don't see how Romney can lose.

4. Gonzo

Santorum can be the candidate that will win over the confused catholic voters. A pro lifer that still cares about the poor and elderly. College tuition rose dramatically on Perry's watch here in Texas. That's ridiculous. I am a pro-life catholic voter thats tired of the republicans ignoring the issues pertinent to the middle class. As care giver for my elderly mother with alzheimer's disease, I also cringe as the republicans which I voted for, start talking about medicare and medicaid cuts. I pray and hope that Santorum wins and stops funding organizations like the baby killers called Planned Parenthood with my money. Our current government has ignored my religious rights. I am ready for a candidate that will not mind a simple prayer before a football game. Go Santorum!!!! My family and friends will be praying for you and your family. God Bless!

5. Pamela

Um, Rick Santorum could never get a vote from a democrat. He is a war hawk, he believes global warming is junk science, he is homophobic, and he is very strict with immigration. We need someone like Ron Paul, who is a christian and can appeal to both parties. Santorum spent most of his time and money in Iowa so thats probably the last we are going to see of him. The church needs a new candidate to back, and I say Ron Paul 2012

6. Sandy

Iowa is not a winner take all state. Santorum, Romney, and the good doctor each got six delegates. And the delegates are not pledged to any candidate when the convention rolls around. Also, please note that Santorum voted to drastically increase the size of the dept. of edu. and never voted against foreign aid. He's a politician and you are deceiving yourselves thinking that you should vote for him because he is Catholic.

7. MICHAEL

I have never given money to any political campaign. I believe I may support Santorum but would have a few questions answered. Why did he support pro-choice Arlen Specter a few years back? Why did he vote to expand government health care with Medicare Part D and expand government through the "no child left behind" program? we have to control spending and will he do that? I am fully aware of his pro-life, pro-family beliefs and support them 100% but he needs to be "different" than Romney in more ways than that to get the nomination, doesn't he?

8. Vance

Deacon Fournier, You must know something the rest of us don't. Santorum Can Win! I hope and pray for Santorum's success. The Establishment is hell bent on Romney winning the nomination. Romney is another John McCain which is a sure loser. The Marxists know well that Obama is on his way out. He served his purpose for George Soros and Communist Party International. They will be OK with Romney because he will keep their achievements in place for the next Marxist Democrat who gets into office in a future election.

9. Nathan

Rick can win. He needs our money and our prayers and our support. Not in that order. He is the real conservative. We need a serious Christian leader in the White House. God bless Rick Santorum!

10. DarthJ

Ron Paul is said to have gained the most independents and in-betweens by a margin of 8 to 1. Ron Paul for 2012!