Game On! Rick Santorum Scores Big in the Iowa Caucus in a Stunning 8 Vote Spread Comments

In one of the closest and most dramatic Caucus votes in US history, Senator Rick Santorum shocked the political establishment  - and captured the Nations attention -  in a stunning come from behind near victory in the Iowa Caucus of 2012. At the end of a very long evening he stepped to the microphone and exclaimed,"Game On". Continue Reading

1. Vance

JoAnn, we need to cut poor Rob some slack. He's an Obamabot who has been programmed to solute and follow orders from the Marxist Democrat Party. Rob voting conservative or GOP would be like me voting for Obama's re-election. I enjoy your posts. You present ideas that teach me a few things. God bless and keep those posts coming.

2. Rob

vance, you can dontate to the presidential election fund but cannot make a donation to the federal government via your tax return. vance, I don't disagree about some of the anger you have on many of those issues. It's apalling how little our leaders care about the lives they send in harm's way, i.e. Iraq. Speaking of, just as I am angry about wasted dollars, I had the same exact anger as news reports started surfacing about how much waste fraud and abuse was being done by US contractors in Iraq. The fraud by Halliburton's sub doing work their makes Solyandra look like chump change. Never mind that Cheney's wealth went through the roof on this no bid contract but despite the allegations of fraud, Bush didn't seem to pay any political price for it. Nor did he seem to pay any price for starting a war on faulty intelligence. And if this weren't so darn normal for these guys, I guess I would be more shocked at the things you quote. But the fact that all these guys take us for a ride doesn't change the fact that our country has an obligation to pay it's bills. Because we don't pay our bills and have allowed our government to run perpetual deficits and incur massive amounts of debt, that is why this problem just get's worse and worse. If anyone wants a sure way to wake the American people up to the fraud we call DC, make no mistake, sending us the bill will do that. I know you feel you are taxed enough, but technically speaking, so long as we have debt and deficits, we are not. And until we embrace that, nothing changes. And sorry to remind you again vance, Obama is your dear leader too. And that cracks me up to no end.

3. Vance

Rob, come on now, you are the Tax Man. You know that you can send in a check to the IRS as a donation. Go for it and pay for your Dear Leader's multi-billion dollar payout to his Bundlers, Union Chiefs, and Mexican Drug Cartels. Do I want to pay for it or have an "Unquestionable Duty" to pay for this?? Not only no BUUUUT HEEELLL NOOO!!! I say that Obama and Holder should be in jail for their crimes against this country and for the murder of our Border Agent from their criminal 'Fast and Furious' enterprise plus Obama's money laundering to the Mexican Drug Cartels. The Solyndra and Sun Power scandals were straight up theft. People go to prison for felony theft and money laundering. Do I want to pay higher taxes for this? NOOOOO! If it wasn't for Dirty Harry Reid, Obama would have been up on impeachment charges a long time ago.

4. Rob

JoAnn, don't mistake my unwillingness to buy empty promises anymore as hopelessness. A majority of these candidates had ample time to reform the tax code in their previous service and failed to do so, just like every other administration, despite the fact it's always part of the "platform." There has not been significant reform since 1986 and I'm not sure this congress and senate can pull it off. I've watched almost every debate and what is sad is that I can almost quote the candidates verbatim on their policies because they are the same policies that emerge every election cycle but never go anywhere. As I've said in other posts, I'd really like to get behind RS because I believe he'll be a strong advocate for life. And I say this sadly admitting that life issues are much like tax reform, they talk a big game but never materialize in any real legislation. Hopefully reversal of the Mexico City policy isn't the only thing we have to look forward to. But until he talks about why he thought deregulating the financial sector was a good idea given where we are today (voted and pushed for the repeal of Glass Stegal), I can't and won't do it. I can accept that perhaps he's changed his views, but I'm not hearing it. At this juncture however, it really doesn't matter who I support because by the time we have a primary it will be decided. As far as sitting out, honestly I don't know if it's an option. It would be nice to be excited to vote again and not have to hold my nose as I did in the last election. But the way things are trending, I'm not sure. So forgive me for not believing them anymore. If you think that makes me hopeless, well I guess you are entitled to your opinion, even though you really have no basis to make such an accusation. Do I support Paul, nope, but I hear more honestly from him than a majority of the candidates.

5. Rob

Actually vance, when you over pay tax they refund it but thanks for the tired tag line. And as far as paying for everything you desribed, I say a resounding YES. Not because I agree with it but because it's our obligation to do so. Pay for the government you vote for because until we do nothing will ever stop things like this from happening. And due to the fact we have deficits and massive debt, sorry my friend, you are not being taxed enough. Conservatives lost their credibility in fiscal matters because they spent like druken sailors, borrowed like the best of them and killed their revenue source. We might not like it, but we have an obligation to cover the spending. Until we feel the pain of that, nothing will change. Precisely because we stopped getting the bill for the spending our government has engaged in is one of the reasons we are in the mess we are in. Vance, your right wing zeal is interesting, but it's not going to pay the bills. Only a couple of ways to do that and until I hear our candidates start talking about that, nothing will change.

6. JoAnn

Vance: I absolutely love you but give it up. I didn't think I'd ever say this but Rob is beginning to make me think that he is hopeless. Hi Rob, love you too but you are extremely frustrating. You find fault with everyone. Just who do you plan on supporting, or are you going to sit this one out? Santorum said he wants to change the tax code. How closely do you listen to these debates? It seems to me, you aren't hearing a word of what anyone for that matter is saying except for Paul. (this is not to say I think you are supporting Paul) Nobody is perfect and Santorum is the candidate that is closest to our values and principles. If he has won the Catholic endorsement, it seems to me that that should be good enough for all of us Catholics. God bless.

7. vance

Rob, Tax Increases? I'm Taxed Enough Already (TEA). Pay our Bills? Do you mean keep paying out Billions of dollars to Obama's Bundlers? or Obama Paying Billions of dollars out to foreign countries to build our cars? OR Obama paying out Billions of dollars to his Union Chiefs?? I have a suggestion. Since this is Tax Time and you are a Tax Man, send in an extra amount of money to the IRS when you submit your final income amount. You can do that. The IRS will accept any money you want to give. Go for it!!

8. Bulbajer

Huntsman got the endorsement of the Boston Globe over Mitt Romney! :)

9. Stefan

Game on, Mr. Santorum? Who will you choose as your running mate?

10. Bulbajer

Well, Santorum would be better than Paul. Jon Huntsman only got 1% - but he's not out yet, because he's been spending way more time in New Hampshire than anyone else. I'm hoping he wins in NH.